RasorX
+17|6744|Indianapolis

Aruba-Prime wrote:

I'm speechless....
I was speechless too, when i made a post about this nearly 3 weeks ago.
commissargizz
+123|6465| Heaven
More money does not mean more patches, cheaper games, more maps etc. the money will go to the shareholders. I guarantee that. We are capitalists and they are trying to find more money fro the executives. I bet you....
Simon Moon
+13|6671|Canada

commissargizz wrote:

More money does not mean more patches, cheaper games, more maps etc. the money will go to the shareholders. I guarantee that. We are capitalists and they are trying to find more money fro the executives. I bet you....
Your opinion, and you are fully entitled to it. But dont you think if they did not improve their relations a big deal with the ads added on top of the game, that users would surely be more careful in buying expansion packs, booster packs and future BF products? Sure the big ones get more money too, but they are not in it to make us happy but to make money. So the balance for such things is always that they spend more money on it while getting more money out for themselves, this way you can make even more money. So it is in total a good thing for everyone.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6767|Cambridge (UK)

Simon Moon wrote:

...BF2 (or how you think they gonna finaince future patches on that one?).
I wouldn't be surprised if we see a transfer of the ad-technology back into BF2 in a future patch - might even be there already - as with 2142 there's plenty of potential advert sites that wouldn't be too intrusive...
Simon Moon
+13|6671|Canada

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Simon Moon wrote:

...BF2 (or how you think they gonna finaince future patches on that one?).
I wouldn't be surprised if we see a transfer of the ad-technology back into BF2 in a future patch - might even be there already - as with 2142 there's plenty of potential advert sites that wouldn't be too intrusive...
True, that is a possiblity that might happen, but i do not think that they want to change BF2 at this point that much. Most of the locations are in chinese or arabic areas, how would a billboard look like? Except of course the Armored Fury maps, where only road Rage would really be a good candidate as the dusk map is a bit hard to see adverts and the farm map has basically no place where to put billboards.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6767|Cambridge (UK)
It wouldn't be a huge change - pasting an image onto any game object, in any place, at any size, is actually very very easy - the City maps in both vanilla and SF would be ideal candidates and it's possible all it could take is for the graphics to be patched in, maybe some minor changes to the map files, that's all.

One of the best ways would be to put objects in that didn't look at all out place but had subtle advertising - make the crates of fish into crates of coke and place them in a couple of random corners on karkand, for example...

Another way to do it would just be to replace some of various posters, t-shirt decals and so on that are already there - lots of them that we never usually notice - becuase they're so well blended in - get ads that blend in that well and you really won't notice them...
mavrick 3399
EA GAMES PATCH EVERYTHING
+102|6543|Doncaster UK
does it really matter, if when your playing the game you see an add of coke? is it going to make stop playing and go and get a coke? the answer is no you will probably be too busy running past the bill board and shooting the shit out of people like me! so it really doesnt matter. IMO
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6469

Sarrk wrote:

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

I will miss you, DICEcream
Dont worry, you still have Dicesprerin and Hepititis C!!

You'll understand when you get the game........
I already saw the medic box in the Beta2. That was good for a few laugh, I SCed it but I did not upload it because of the NDA.
ECH
+50|6644|Some where near you
Read the link then discuss
http://www.shacknews.com/ja.zz?id=13049860
Trigger_Happy_92
Uses the TV missle too much
+394|6651
talk about dynamic ads is older then my grandma.
Heavy_Guns_91
I hand out purple hearts like candy
+72|6404|Alberta, Canada
I think that's pretty old now too.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard