RKF77
+1|6757

BladeRunner wrote:

RKF77 wrote:

Tyferra wrote:

I get basic and veteran when I finally do get it.
What does this mean?
Yea I don't think it works like that...you'll get basic...then have to do the necessary kills/round to get the veteran...do a search i'm sure this has been discussed already.
Yep, that's what I was going to tell him...just wanted him to clarify what he meant.

One has to have basic to get vet.  There's no two ways around that...and hell, I think for it to work properly you'd have to get basic, log out, log back in, and go get veteran.  I passed 15hrs with support one round, then got 20 kills the next (going for vet badge), but  I didn't get the badge.  I had to log out, log back in, and go for it again.

Last edited by RKF77 (2005-11-10 16:10:52)

MrWooters
+0|6770

Chazflyz wrote:

I find Sharqi peninsula a much better place for knife kills because of the abundance of snipers laying around.  I use my 5.1 surround sound to pinpoint them and sneak up on them.
lol nice
n1nj41c l337ne55
+1|6751|Pittsburgh, Virginia lol
I got MY expert a while ago. I was SOOOOO F*CKING HAPPY WHEN I GOT IT. It was sweet cuz i got it halfway through a round. I screamed about it on the server for a while and then went on to get gold pimpin it with my sweeta$$ DAO.
Psycho
Member since 2005
+44|6783|Kansas, USA

RKF77 wrote:

BladeRunner wrote:

RKF77 wrote:

What does this mean?
Yea I don't think it works like that...you'll get basic...then have to do the necessary kills/round to get the veteran...do a search i'm sure this has been discussed already.
Yep, that's what I was going to tell him...just wanted him to clarify what he meant.

One has to have basic to get vet.  There's no two ways around that...and hell, I think for it to work properly you'd have to get basic, log out, log back in, and go get veteran.  I passed 15hrs with support one round, then got 20 kills the next (going for vet badge), but  I didn't get the badge.  I had to log out, log back in, and go for it again.
Apparently you two haven't been reading the forum. Look at this post: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=2106

There IS a bug. If you get 50 kills before you achieve 7 kills in one round for the first time, you go strait to Veteran badge (you may or may not get the basic badge, but there isn't a way to verify since only your highest achieved badge is displayed). Apparently the EA system doesn't recognize that you have the basic badge, so you cannot get the First Seargent rank.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6795|Singapore

i need to take out the knife more. I ONLY took it out for my basic knife. I don't even have 50 kills with it bah. I'm not into knifing people heh, when i wind up behind someone, i just shoot him in the head and run on.
RKF77
+1|6757

Psycho wrote:

Apparently you two haven't been reading the forum. Look at this post: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=2106
Wow, you're right.  As amazing as it may seem, I have, in fact, not read every single post on the forum.  Try to understand that while I make an effort to read every single possible post, having a life means I may miss some...but thank you so much for pointing out my ineptness in my endeavour to be as up to speed as yourself.  It's quasi-appreciated.

But apparently, you didn't bother to read this very thread, where Dr. Battlefield was nice enough to point out that bug to me, and I thanked him for doing so three posts later.  So, to recap, you're a day late and a dollar short, but thanks anyway.
Tigg@lot
noob on tour
+1|6780|NRW,Germany
Easy guys. No need to bitchslap each other.

@polarbearz
I should shoot people from behind more often than trying to stab them as I very often miss and get shot or my "victim" turns around and slams his bullets in my face.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6795|Singapore

Lol yeah that was what turned me off knifing people when i see n00b tubers etc turn around and suicide. Just retareded.

1 clean burst through his head and you're off and running!
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6781|Noizyland

Hmm. Damn. I thought I'd get them both at the same time. I also thought they'd fix that not getting basic glitch.
You know ther's an easy soloution. Make basic five kills with knife instead of seven. They changed pistol didn't they, and that's 100x easier. Either that or make veteran ten kills with knife or something. Whatever. Dosn't really bother me.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
RKF77
+1|6757

Tyferra wrote:

Hmm. Damn. I thought I'd get them both at the same time.
Like Dr. Battlefield (and Psycho) said, you still may...you may get those seven kills and find yourself with a veteran knife badge.  I didn't, and a few of my clanmates didn't, but you may 
Chazflyz
+1|6848
Here's the scoop

After 170ish total knife kills, I received my basic AND veteran knife badge last night after knifing 7 folks in one round.  The sound "You've been recommended for an award".  In the lower left corner two separate graphics showed up, one showing the basic knife badge and one showing the veteran.
WormGuts
+17|6800|Dayton, Ohio

RKF77 wrote:

1tdiestoday wrote:

tiggalot. i checked your stats. the only way possible to get first sgt. now is if you get 7 kills your next time out, because your already at 43 kills.
Errr...what?  He doesn't even have his basic knife badge yet.  You need basic to get veteran.

For example, if you have 55 kills with a knife and THEN get your 7 in a round, you only get basic knife...to get veteran knife you have to get basic knife first.   You can't "jump" badges.

Even if he's got expert knife and pistol when 20,000 comes around, he'll still get 1st Sergeant if he has all the other combat badges.
sorry but you are wrong.  you don't actually 'jump' badges.  you get awarded both if thats the case.  i had more than the 50 kills required to get my veteran knife badge, but had not had a round yet that included 7 knife kills.  so when i finally did get my 7 knife kills IAR i received both basic AND veteran at the same time.  same will be true of ANY basic, vet and expert badges.  however, i have yet to hear of anyone jumping all three (basic, vet, exp) simultaneously.

[edit]you are also wrong about 1st sgt. if he gets his knife badge he will receive 1st Sgt. when he reaches 20,000GP.  it doesn't matter what your badges are as long as you have all of the required ones.  all my required badges were vet when i reached 20,000GP, and as you can see i received my 1st Sgt. rank.

Last edited by WormGuts (2005-11-10 19:42:16)

Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6781|Noizyland

Chazflyz wrote:

Here's the scoop

After 170ish total knife kills, I received my basic AND veteran knife badge last night after knifing 7 folks in one round.  The sound "You've been recommended for an award".  In the lower left corner two separate graphics showed up, one showing the basic knife badge and one showing the veteran.
See, that's what I thought would happen. Cheers Chazflyz.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
RKF77
+1|6757

WormGuts wrote:

sorry but you are wrong.  you don't actually 'jump' badges.  you get awarded both if thats the case.  i had more than the 50 kills required to get my veteran knife badge, but had not had a round yet that included 7 knife kills.    so when i finally did get my 7 knife kills IAR i received both basic AND veteran at the same time.
No, I'm right.  And, you're right.  It apparently can happen both ways.

I had >50 knife kills when I got my 7 kills IAR, and all I have is Basic Knife.  So, neither of us are wrong.

WormGuts wrote:

same will be true of ANY basic, vet and expert badges.
Sorry, but no, it won't.  It MIGHT be true for some people, but it is not true in the absolute sense of the word.  I'm walking proof of that...I also had >50 pistol kills when I got my5 IAR, and I finished that round with 9...but I didn't get veteran, too.  I just got Basic.

WormGuts wrote:

[edit]you are also wrong about 1st sgt. if he gets his knife badge he will receive 1st Sgt. when he reaches 20,000GP.
Where did I indicate otherwise?

WormGuts wrote:

it doesn't matter what your badges are as long as you have all of the required ones
I'm aware of that.  I never said otherwise.
DeltaForceWarrior
+1|6771
yeah, i still need my damn basic knife

the most that i've gotten in a round was 4 cuz i'm crappy with a blade

i always have it that when i try to knife someone i see dust and they turn around and they shoot me in head

i love all these people that have good knife stats and make a knifing video where they get 25 kills in a round. how i ask you, how? Most of the people they stab head on just stand still and have the worst aim and are an easy kill.  This never happens to me.  Everytime i try to stab someone head on they start hopping like crazy and finish me off with their rifle, hell i do the same when someone tries to knife me head on

Oh well, i still have another 7000 points to get it before 1st SGT.
Helixeagle
+0|6749|UK
The only thing ive managed to acquire through trying to get the knife badge is a poor K/D ratio
Helixeagle
+0|6749|UK
Oh yes after many deaths and much anger i finally got my knife award, and the help here is truly appreicated... i used 32/32 karkland, the thing is dont try to earn the medal play as you would nomally just always have the knife equipped... well it worked for me, i didnt get a to bad score either, something like 10 knife kills and 8 deaths... you see an enemy run at him and knife him good
Tigg@lot
noob on tour
+1|6780|NRW,Germany

Helixeagle wrote:

you see an enemy run at him and knife him good
Whenever I run towards someone I get shot. I try to jump and change directions but for some reason there must be some kind of inverted aimbot in my version of BF2 that allows people to hit whatever I try...

K, got my 50th knife kill today. Now I´m gonna see wether I get Basic or Veteran or both (or none ^^).
gearpig
+6|6768|SoCal

WormGuts wrote:

gearpig wrote:

Look for a kinves & pistols only server, I got mine there in about 15 minutes. Second to that, I'd go into a large populated Karkand and go nuts, don't play it safe just run ape-sh!t at everyone swinging your knife.
DON'T follow this advice.  Knife and pistol server only players accounts have been reset by EA from time to time to discourage this kind of badge acquisition.  EA hates the bastardization of their game by this means.  They have been working on a way to fix this problem, but are as yet unsuccesful.  Get then on a knives/pistols only server at your own risk.
I didn't know that. Was my first time in one and honestly, afterwards, I had more sucess (and more fun) going apesh~t in Karkand in the alley's near the first MEC spawn closest to the USA side.
=ST6=SewerMaster
AK Whore
+152|6802|Barrington, RI

BladeRunner wrote:

RKF77 wrote:

Tyferra wrote:

I get basic and veteran when I finally do get it.
What does this mean?
It used to work like that but they fixed it with the 1.03 patch.  that bug kept a lot of people from getting First Sgt.

Last edited by sewermasta324 (2005-11-11 21:16:25)

XxSkiTz81xX
+4|6749
i just got my expert knife you have any idea how hard that shit is lol
TriNitroToluene
+0|6748
Once I got my 100 kills, I got expert on the first go...ended up going the whole round knife killing on Karkand, ended up with 24 knife kills...w00t!
gearpig
+6|6768|SoCal

Tyferra wrote:

Gearpig: That sounds like a kind of cheap option - especially in BF2. Getting a knife badge while bullets are flying and tanks are rolling requires REAL skill.
Bullets were flying, it was knives and PISTOLS. Most the guys were using pistols, and there were a bunch that didn't care and used everything, including tanks. The only real advantage was most the guys stayed in tighter groups near the same spawns making it easier/quicker to get back into the fray. When I got my 7th, I had almost three times as many deaths, so it wasn't that easy. After that, I went to a regular server and went nuts in Karkland and did better, racking up like 17 more.

I really could care less about the badges, I just wanted to try playing with the knife and see what I could get. My main incentive is to get the unlocks so I can play with the new weapons, and unlike many guys, I play as a team and try to play right and do my part.

Last edited by gearpig (2005-11-11 22:08:03)

VirtuaLResistancE
ArmChair Warrior
+4|6762|NH - USA
They should make "I got this award today" a sticky.
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6758|Toronto, ON
Yawn... Knifing is easier than using a pistol.

800+ assault/support/anti-tank guys can vouch for me.
Alpha as fuck.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard