ViperGTS19801
+0|6773|Philadelphia Suburbs, PA
GAWD!  I just got off of a UK server with the Strike on Karkand map, and it seems like the whole effing team was using the damned grenade launcher attatchement on the M16A2.  This isn't TOO bad (it annoys the hell out of me but if you suck at the game I guess you have to start somewhere), but they were also leaping back and forth all over the fugging place...looked like a bunch of USMC superballs for christssakes!

Ugh. N00bzz0rz.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6753|The United Center
you got owned, didnt you?
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6788|The Hague, Holland

ViperGTS19801 wrote:

GAWD!  I just got off of a UK server with the Strike on Karkand map, and it seems like the whole effing team was using the damned grenade launcher attatchement on the M16A2.  This isn't TOO bad (it annoys the hell out of me but if you suck at the game I guess you have to start somewhere), but they were also leaping back and forth all over the fugging place...looked like a bunch of USMC superballs for christssakes!

Ugh. N00bzz0rz.
No n00b, you where the one n00bing *if you got owned that is*
elbowdeeplove
BWNED!!!
+0|6787|Texas
It's ok man, I've been around since day 1 and i still get bwned by noob tubes.  I used that tactic a long time ago and realized how shitty and cheap it was after I did it for awhile when I started switching kits.  Dying comes natural after awhile.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6753|The United Center
yeah, i'll admit, i hate when i surprise a guy, i shoot him a couple times and he just unloads a grenade in my face.

fight bullets with bullets.
ayb
+0|6761|Orlando, FL
omg unfair they didnt give me a chance to keel him! hax fagot!11!!

learn to counter it and quit crying.
ViperGTS19801
+0|6773|Philadelphia Suburbs, PA
1) This is a forum labeled COMPLAINTS.  Don't bitch because I am COMPLAINING.  Get the fuck out if you don't like what I say.

2) No, I didn't get pwnt...much.  Died three times, took eight of them down over the course of the round.  It's just ANNOYING.

Last edited by ViperGTS19801 (2005-11-09 11:03:41)

GK_Jonezer
+0|6750|Seattle
I agree the bunny hopping is out of hand -  they need to make the guys jump more realistically or at least have to take a few steps before another Micheal Jordan-like hop.  I have always thought that kamikaziers and suicide fraggers shouldnt get points for thier efforts or lack of effort.

It is kinda fun to pop bunny hoppers out of the air in mid leap though... Then bunny hop over their dead body knifing them as they call for a medic.
Possum61
+9|6754|Philly PA USA
lol  Remenber its " Just a Game" And yes I have to remine myself of that offen as well  lol 

Last edited by Possum61 (2005-11-09 11:50:54)

thinner44
+1|6815
I nearly got knifed again today.... I was prone and heard the 'chink' of metal against concrete, I look up, stand up and the guy starts hopping all over the place... he didn't even change his weapon, just kept jumping and jumping... so when I was bored with it, I slugged him with the pkm.... 'Got a stick, I'll just get a bigger one

ViperGTS19801, figure this one out. If everybody got "the f**k out" because we didn't like what someone says, there would be no one here to post ... and yep, you're in 'complaints' ... and we all complain about each other sometimes ... tis a game though, enjoy
Badcomp
+2|6794|U.S.
Looking at my stats, I am a tuber. I've become quite decent with it. I like using it on the proper maps. City maps especially.

You're playing Karkand, which is quite possibly the most that the 203 and Gp30 are used. Both teams use it to death. I am willing to bet a fair number of your team mates were using it as well. If not, I bet they were spamming the walls to death with grenades.

The bunny hopping is annoying. I don't do it much. I like to have a little stamina in me to run when I need to. Sucks when you can't run from that APC or tank cause you hopped the whole damned time.
fikraag7
j00baroni w/ l33t sauce
+1|6761

Well, why don't you pick a server that doesn't have a lot of '203 whores? Plus, if you sit in the center courtyard as MEC without a shotgun and a guy comes around the corner, then don't play there if you don't want to be naded. You can either get better or shut up. If everything that annoyed someone was eliminated, we'd be playing pong.
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6788|The Hague, Holland

fikraag7 wrote:

Well, why don't you pick a server that doesn't have a lot of '203 whores? Plus, if you sit in the center courtyard as MEC without a shotgun and a guy comes around the corner, then don't play there if you don't want to be naded. You can either get better or shut up. If everything that annoyed someone was eliminated, we'd be playing pong.
Pong pwnz j00.

Respect your roots
nating75
+0|6783
On the launchers the grenades should not become armed until a certain distance has been achieved. The problem is that too many people run around city maps with it out and just launch at anything they see. If there was a minimum distance required people would actually use there M16 more often and switch to the launcher when the situation dictates it.

I don't mind getting hit by a grenade from a launcher from a distance. It's when you're 5 ft away, launch a grenade, hit the wall behind me, and take me out. Come on, you couldn't even hit me you NTAC.

I would also like to note hitting someone with a launcher that hasn't armed should still cause damage, but only impact damage, not explosion damage.
Badcomp
+2|6794|U.S.

nating75 wrote:

On the launchers the grenades should not become armed until a certain distance has been achieved. The problem is that too many people run around city maps with it out and just launch at anything they see. If there was a minimum distance required people would actually use there M16 more often and switch to the launcher when the situation dictates it.

I don't mind getting hit by a grenade from a launcher from a distance. It's when you're 5 ft away, launch a grenade, hit the wall behind me, and take me out. Come on, you couldn't even hit me you NTAC.

I would also like to note hitting someone with a launcher that hasn't armed should still cause damage, but only impact damage, not explosion damage.
Just like in AA.   Killed a few by nailing them in the head!!
Lawk
+2|6780
I used to complain about bunny hoppers.  Now I know how to kill the funny little bastards.  Any primary weapon will do.  When they jump, they will come eventually come down.  Keep your sights 'under' them where you think they will land and start shootin' before they do. 

Any one of the shotguns makes for some fun sort of "goose hunting".  I find myself saying "Pull!" sometimes.

Then best though is being in a tank.  The occasional hopper will perfectly evade my MG fire and force me to use the primary weapon, making their final hop unexpectedly higher than originally intended.

You're still a young player Viper, you'll overcome this tom foolery.
fikraag7
j00baroni w/ l33t sauce
+1|6761

Sgt.Gh0st wrote:

fikraag7 wrote:

Pong pwnz j00.

Respect your roots
I'm just saying--pong doesn't have too many offensive/annoying things about it like, say, Silent Hill or Doom III or GTA ad nauseum.
nating75
+0|6783

Lawk wrote:

I used to complain about bunny hoppers.  Now I know how to kill the funny little bastards.  Any primary weapon will do.  When they jump, they will come eventually come down.  Keep your sights 'under' them where you think they will land and start shootin' before they do.
That's funny because I'm the opposite. I usually play as a spec-op with the carbine. I always aim for the head so when someone jumps I simply follow them up and down. I usually end up throwing most of the ammo into their torsos but it works for me.

I don't like waiting for them to come down. Gives them too much time especially if they have a shotgun and can shoot you in the air.
pdanrichey
+5|6813
I don't ever play as assault until I keep getting killed by that FREAKING grenade launcher.  I then seek out who was doing it too me and attempt to grenade launch them.  Not always, but for the most part, the only time I use that stupid, awful (should be taken out of the game) weapon is when I have been killed by it OVER AND OVER AND OVER...etc.

One time in Karkand, I didn't realize I was low on bullets in my clip...about 7 left.  I ran around the corner and boom, my screen is blurry, some moron shot a grenade at me.  I crouch down and fire at him...run out of bullets...start to reload...a lot of time goes by.  Instead of just switching to the stupid machine gun and blowing me away, he bunny hops around side to side and reloads the grenade launcher, only to then shoot it strait into my feet, which blows both of us up.  I CANNOT STAND THAT WEAPON!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't get mad about a lot of things, but I do "hit" my desk when I get blown up time after time by the grenade launcher.

EA needs to update it in the "next" patch, which makes it not near as accurate and maybe takes a full healthy person down to 2 bars of health, much like the M24 or M95.
BladeRunner
+5|6755|UK

thinner44 wrote:

ViperGTS19801, figure this one out. If everybody got "the f**k out" because we didn't like what someone says, there would be no one here to post ... and yep, you're in 'complaints' ... and we all complain about each other sometimes ... tis a game though, enjoy
I'd like to complain about that complaint. Although it was a justified complaint I thought I should complain.

Bunny hoppers are pathetic
Grenade Launcher killers are killers
safshep
What's so special about titles anyway?
+40|6753|Minnesota, USA
They should keep the nade launchers in the game but make a few changes as to how they work.  Whoever suggested the minimum distance thing deserves some pie.  i can't count how many times the stupid nade launcher addicts have just jumped around in circles while reloading and firing the 203 or gp30.  It's ridiculous! It reminds me of Americas Army back when they had hand grenades on the Hospital map.  At the start of every round there would be at least 4 hand grenades that would land in your lap.  And then you got to sit out for close to 10 minutes while the survivors continued to use grenades rather then their primary weapon.
nating75
+0|6783

BladeRunner wrote:

Grenade Launcher killers are killers
What does that mean? People who tubers are killers or the people who use them are killers?

I've seen some awsome tubers. Been "owned" (I hate that word) by some of them. But then there are the very bad, bad tubers who have no talent. Who kill you, their teammate, and themselves. Very bad. In that case:

Tubers are NTACs
Mad dawg
+0|6775
Granade launchers arent really cheap or nooby at all. Guys u have to think befor u post. Ok first the bunny hopping is anoying but it is needed to balance out the tanks. If u had a wimpy little hop i think u would hate trying to get away from a tank. And for the granade it is to balance the assult and the whole game. Without the granade launcher what is the point of the assult. The granade launcher is needed. If u think how many times do u get killed by the granade launcher when ur playing a map like Kubra Dam. Not many if any. Its needed to balance everying. Im a noob tuber. i use it to get a high kdr and for a high SPM. My KDR with the "Noob Tube" is over 3.1. So if u think its anoying and to good THEN WHY ARENT U USING IT. If u think its nooby to use the granade launcher then what is to be in a tank. U must be like Noobzilla when ur in a tank. Wow guys make a post about the tank noobs not the launcher.
Lawk
+2|6780

nating75 wrote:

Lawk wrote:

That's funny because I'm the opposite. I usually play as a spec-op with the carbine. I always aim for the head so when someone jumps I simply follow them up and down. I usually end up throwing most of the ammo into their torsos but it works for me.

I don't like waiting for them to come down. Gives them too much time especially if they have a shotgun and can shoot you in the air.
Roger that.  If they have a shotgun, you could be in a bit of trouble.  If they have anything else except the 'tube', you can pretty much watch them hop around before you decide to end them.
nating75
+0|6783

Mad dawg wrote:

Granade launchers arent really cheap or nooby at all. Guys u have to think befor u post. Ok first the bunny hopping is anoying but it is needed to balance out the tanks. If u had a wimpy little hop i think u would hate trying to get away from a tank. And for the granade it is to balance the assult and the whole game. Without the granade launcher what is the point of the assult. The granade launcher is needed. If u think how many times do u get killed by the granade launcher when ur playing a map like Kubra Dam. Not many if any. Its needed to balance everying. Im a noob tuber. i use it to get a high kdr and for a high SPM. My KDR with the "Noob Tube" is over 3.1. So if u think its anoying and to good THEN WHY ARENT U USING IT. If u think its nooby to use the granade launcher then what is to be in a tank. U must be like Noobzilla when ur in a tank. Wow guys make a post about the tank noobs not the launcher.
Noobzilla! comedy!

I agree with you. It is a balance. But I think the body armor, M16, and AKs balance that kit pretty effectively. But I'm probably what you would call an assault rifle whore.

You must be one of the talented tubers I was talking about. I would love to have you on my side. Just try not to TK me with that damn thing.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard