Bigphillyed
+12|6769

wah1188 wrote:

Very true been too damm long waiting for 1.4, BF2 is a good game it could be most probably one of the best if they fixed all the bugs. However employing people to fix the bugs costs EA money, and by fixing the game the company has not exactly made itself more profit. The only benefit they gain is the goodwill of their customers the thing is though they keep pumping out shite and you keep buying it. People usually buy games from impressive trailers and heavy advertising only once they've played it do they realize they've wasted their hard earned cash.
So true, I don't know about you guys but I would even pay a small monthly fee, like say 3-5 USD per month to play bug free. That would come out to ohhhh say somewhere in the area of a cool million. That should cover clean patches and regular map updates, and probably help them with there Game Spy problems.
S1lent-Stryke
+12|6676|UK
the stupid thig is that almost straight after the 1.3 patch, they announced that they had "isolated the source of the problem" with respect to the CTD and lost connection.  Hotfix should have been issued.
evil_twin
+6|6831

S1lent-Stryke wrote:

Hotfix should have been issued.
How they managed not to release a hotfix for the crashbug is utterly beyond me.  Oh wait, it's EA/Dice.
comet241
+164|6911|Normal, IL
i have to agree with the thread starter on this one. EA should have come out with a hot-fix to stop the CTD and server connection problems/crashing. I appreciate they are trying to fix everything else and give us a free map in the process, but they should have been two separate patches, not one that takes 3 months to release to fix a significant problem.

at least they are doing it right this time and having a large/long beta test for the patch, as well as for 2142. it gives me some distant, shining hope that EA has learned their lesson about patching a popular online game.
{TL}SHARPSHOOTER
Vacuum Sealed for Freshness
+26|6891|The Island of Carls Jr.
Cmon guys. you dont hate BF2, you hate 1.3. Shit happens in games so suck it up.
Think of it like this: Are you gonna let a patch kick your ass? ( it sounds stupid I know)
REDARMYMIKE
+7|6652|St. Louis
doesnt ANYONE here know an EA/DICE employee they can kick sqy in the twig and berries just for posterity's sake?

it doesnt even have to be an actual developer. just the guy at the front desk and hope it reaches the developers by proxy.
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6742|Michigan, USA
I love reading topics about the CTD issue and disconnections.  Ive owned BF2 almost since it came out, and Ive only had it CTD maybe 5 times throughout all patches.  Cry all you want about CTD Ill still be playing and taking the spot you just made available on the server.
Jbrar
rawr
+86|6688|Winterpeg, Canada
Well.........Shitload of bitching in this thread.........and I though my hacker accusations were bad.........some people need a new hobby besides bitching
Umibozu_IT
+15|6794|Italy
some people need to learn the value of money.
chuuby
+19|6764
didnt somoene else try a boycott why would they care they ALREADY HAVE UR MONEY!!!!
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6821|Canberra, AUS
Goodness grief. People these days are so simple-minded...
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
137twozerosniper
+57|6711|UK
why did u download it then?
-fe.lep-
+8|6849

FoShizzle wrote:

Aside from your terrible spelling (which I will assume is from being totally red-assed angry), I completely agree with you.  F**k 2142!
Agreed, as all the problems currently associated with BF2 will be moved into 2142 as its just an over priced MOD
Retalliation[1337]
Robin Hood ---> "u got arrownd"
+51|6621|Belgium
stop whining you sound like the grinding noise of moaning french ho0kers
Bigphillyed
+12|6769
I am not 100% sure, but rumor has it 2142 isn't the exact same platform as BF2, there are some parts of the platform that are the same, especially the graphics engine. But I think DICE's problem with BF2 are mostly the server side programming. Me personally, I am not into the futuristic battle stuff, I am more into the realistic battle FPS.

It will be real nice when the POE stat servers go up. Then when BF2 releases the 1.4 patch, I am preying we are all good to go!!!
{TL}SHARPSHOOTER
I hoped for DICE to use a different engine. BF2 has a great engine but all the other new FPSs are gonna make it look like crap. The ragdoll physics of the game suck, it like the corpse is in an iron cast.
(US)THE.DEVILS.HITMAN
+88|6690|Boise, Idaho
how about you take EA and shove it up your ass and stop bitching. Or you can throw the game away ohh wait you cant because you like it so much.
{TL}SHARPSHOOTER
Wow..you...really hurt my feelings...Im going emo.
Bernadictus
+1,055|6883

Thanks for sharing!

https://img385.imageshack.us/img385/6410/kthxbyegl2.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard