Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6668|Washington, DC

In BF2 I could register a nickname with a period. In BF2142, I can't reserve one with a period? What the hell?
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6691
Yup I can't use any special characters at all. I think the only place you can get them is in your prefix by editing the profile.con thingy. I thought it was just a BETA thing, but it's gonna suck if you can't use them in the full version
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Tombstone
+4|6491|Look Behind You
EA/DICE = nubs
Proxus
+4|6492

Tombstone wrote:

EA/DICE = nubs
yet you bought their product...

They are making money, sure a lot of their decisions piss veterans off, but from their standpoint, it brings new customers and or more profits.

$ is everything, especially to a massive company like EA...
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6668|Washington, DC

Yeah I decided "fuck it" and made it Hurricane2k9 after

HurricaneMk2 was taken by some asshole who never played

and

HurricaneMk7 just didn't work for "unspecified" reasons.
c0mplex1ty
Too X-Core
+100|6598|laguna beach, ca

Tombstone wrote:

EA/DICE = nubs
go play pacman
Russkie17
+4|6499|Houston, Texas
Is it that hard to not use a name with special characters? C'mon, man. There's a billion different possibilities.
[RDH]Warlord
Quakecon Attendee
+17|6696|SLC, Utah, USA
What I hate is that now there's no way to have a name for yourself by adding on a clan tag.  They make it so you cannot put clan tags in, but cannot leave your name without it, but add it on later.

For example, my name is [RDH]Warlord.  [] tags are not allowed in the names.  But Warlord is already taken!  It won't let me do a name of Warlord with the tags of [RDH]!  so I am stuck in the beta with the name [RDH] Warlordship (an alt that's never taken).

wtf is with them?  what's wrong with having the same name as another person?  BF1942 had it just fine (though I KNOW it would be impossible to sort out your stats). 

(Ok, maybe not IMPOSSIBLE but impractical.  Whaddya gonna do, remember your PID and always show THAT Warlord's stats all the time?  Also, PID's vary between the computer you play it on.  I occasionally go to a LAN cafe to play BF2 on another's CD-Key)

Last edited by [RDH]Warlord (2006-08-29 15:10:12)

CommieChipmunk
+488|6607|Portland, OR, USA

[RDH]Warlord wrote:

What I hate is that now there's no way to have a name for yourself by adding on a clan tag.  They make it so you cannot put clan tags in, but cannot leave your name without it, but add it on later.

For example, my name is [RDH]Warlord.  [] tags are not allowed in the names.  But Warlord is already taken!  It won't let me do a name of Warlord with the tags of [RDH]!  so I am stuck in the beta with the name [RDH] Warlordship (an alt that's never taken).

wtf is with them?  what's wrong with having the same name as another person?  BF1942 had it just fine (thought I KNOW it would be impossible to sort out your stats).
I'm guessing you meant "though" it would be impossible.. but no it wouldnt, we have PIDs...

Last edited by CommieChipmunk (2006-08-29 14:49:37)

s()mtingWong
+48|6730

Proxus wrote:

Tombstone wrote:

EA/DICE = nubs
yet you bought their product...

They are making money, sure a lot of their decisions piss veterans off, but from their standpoint, it brings new customers and or more profits.

$ is everything, especially to a massive company like EA...
Yea i admit i bought there product to, but bf2 is the last game i will buy from ea for pc. They should stick to making game for consoles.
BrOk_MoRdU
Psychotic Sniper Inc.
+76|6589|The Land of Claywhore
lSllEN7Sl4YERl

I know,it's kinda lame but it's the best i could think of when the vet. program site actually worked for me.And i'm playing Hitman Blood Money at the moment and going for silent assassin on expert on all maps.
[RDH]Warlord
Quakecon Attendee
+17|6696|SLC, Utah, USA

CommieChipmunk wrote:

I'm guessing you meant "though" it would be impossible.. but no it wouldnt, we have PIDs...
Corrected my typing error (maybe I should use spell checker (never saw a forum with it), though I usually never need it unless I type fast and don't check back for errors such as that) and provided more details on WHY I believe it's impossible/impractical.

Reproducing my rebuttal here as well:

(Ok, maybe not IMPOSSIBLE but impractical.  Whaddya gonna do, remember your PID and always show THAT Warlord's stats all the time?  Also, PID's vary between the computer you play it on.  I occasionally go to a LAN cafe to play BF2 on another's CD-Key)

Last edited by [RDH]Warlord (2006-08-29 15:09:42)

kilgoretrout
+53|6507|Little Rock, AR
well, in 2142 you login using your EA id and then choose your character (i think they're letting us register 4 names per EA id this time).  so it would work to let people have the same name for 2142.  in theory, we could both be named "warlord" but have different PIDs.  my character would be linked to my EA login and vice versa.
[RDH]Warlord
Quakecon Attendee
+17|6696|SLC, Utah, USA
I believe PID's are actually tied to your CD-key.  At least, it was the way back in BF1942, as TWL needed that to be sure YOU are on and not some hired BF1942 expert on for that match only.

Yeah, it seems possible that they COULD keep track of the Warlord's differently, but it isn't set that way now.

Does anyone know of a way I could have just plain Warlord with a tag of [RDH] as the system is set up now?
If not, do you think it will change by release?

I'm not being picky (too much), but I know I'm not gonna be the ONLY Warlord left without my name if it's this way now.
Mouse315
Bash.org Junkie
+105|6558
PID is based with the character, not the CD key.

I can play my character on a friend's computer, and my PID will not change. My stats will be updated.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard