Yes, I believe and don't go to Church20%20% - 88
I'm an Athiest - booyah26%26% - 116
I know there's something out there..16%16% - 71
Nothing is out there14%14% - 65
Total: 436
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6694
Don't believe in God, but I do believe in the moral values of my religion (Judaism).
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6679|Middle of nowhere
I'm an athiest, i believe that religion is just a way to control the masses.  However, i do respect people who believe in God, as long as they don't try to force it upon me
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6674|Colorado
I'm an athiest. I am concerned primarily with my own interests & reject all forms of altruism that attack us from every angle.
Gfinners
+17|6304|Cornwall, England
Never have, never will. Fin

Last edited by Gfinners (2007-02-14 17:28:53)

StokoE
Losers-Server
+51|6842|UK
No, Nothing
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6645
i believe in my ability to pull a trigger.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6566|Area 51
Liek no.

I believe in the scientific reasons and such. Big Bang Theory. etc etc.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6633|949

I believe!
PureFodder
+225|6287

Daysniper wrote:

oy

A mod should make a sticky for "do you believe in god?" , etc. threads. There have been to many.
These threads usually run to 30-50 pages, degrade into a flame war, someone gets banned and then the whole cycle starts again with a new thread.
Schwarzelungen
drunklenglungen
+133|6297|Bloomington Indiana
if he does, tell him to bring it on
0ji
+36|6229|Estados Unidos
Ever wonder if Jesus gets tired of us worshiping him?

I would.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6291|Éire
Grow up everyone. Religion is just a more elaborate version of a teddybear that you need to get to sleep at night. There is no great invisible kingdom that we're all going to when we die, this is it ...make the most of it while you can.
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6654|pimelteror.de

Braddock wrote:

Grow up everyone. Religion is just a more elaborate version of a teddybear that you need to get to sleep at night. There is no great invisible kingdom that we're all going to when we die, this is it ...make the most of it while you can.
+1 for you.
=OBS= EstebanRey
+256|6552|Oxford, England, UK, EU, Earth

Braddock wrote:

+1 also

I've always said it, Religion has two main reasons for existence, the carrot and stick method (i.e heaven and hell) for controlling the population before adequente law enforcement was developed, and theism is a placebo for the natural fear of death as Braddock said. 

A fundementalist Christian even tried to say I was the one scared of death for not believing in God, how on earth do you figure that one out?

Last edited by =OBS= EstebanRey (2007-06-01 03:20:14)

necroyeti1612
+6|6185|Vienna, AUT
I don't belive in anything but mother gaia. Why not...earth you can touch...but how's about god? ;-)

BTW nice Braddock if I could I would +1 you but forum won't let me at this time.

Thanks for your attention.

edit: spelling and braddock

Last edited by necroyeti1612 (2007-06-01 03:25:11)

Gillenator
Evils Bammed Sex Machine
+129|6396|Evilsville
I don't believe in God, but my g/f wants to marry in church, so I'm screwed.
I_invented_BF2
DICE/EA spokesman
+19|6484|denmark
I don't believe in (any) God(s)!

why? because I'm old enough and intelligent enough to draw a reasonable conclusion based on evidence, facts and common sense.

and even if he DID exist, it wouldn't matter to me. he wouldn't be the boss of me, he wouldn't have anything to say and I wouldn't care about him or have anything to do with him.... or his family!
=OBS= EstebanRey
+256|6552|Oxford, England, UK, EU, Earth

Gillenator wrote:

I don't believe in God, but my g/f wants to marry in church, so I'm screwed.
I'm an athiest but I want to get married in Church also.  Not because of the religious significance but purely becasue of tradition and the tackiness that surrounds be married in a registry office....

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard