Should Israel negotiate with Hezbollah?

Yes47%47% - 53
No40%40% - 45
I don't give a shit about them11%11% - 13
Total: 111
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6759|Argentina
What do you think?  Should Israel negotiate with Hezbollah, to achieve a peaceful solution for the middle east war, at least in this issue?  Please explain your vote.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6757|Scotland

If it stops the war, im happy.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6556
Let's face it. There are two alternatives:
1) Talk to each other.
2) Continue blowing each other up forever and ever.

What harm is there in opening dialogue in the hopes of attempting to avoid option 2?
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6757|Scotland

CameronPoe wrote:

1) Talk to each other.

What harm is there in opening dialogue in the hopes of attempting to avoid option 2?
I doubt it would be forever, as one of them will wipe the other out sooner or later.
or maybe the NATO forces would intervene before that?
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6759|Argentina

zimmer92 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

1) Talk to each other.

I doubt it would be forever, as one of them will wipe the other out sooner or later.
or maybe the NATO forces would intervene before that?
Isn't better a negotiation than a war?  In which case do you think more people would die?
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6765|d
Isreal cant afford to not negotiate with Hezbollah.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6757|Scotland

A negotiation is better, but picture the negotiation going wrong, there would be more casualties than before.

I support the negotiation, because I hate war, I hope it all turns out well.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6556
The thing is Hezbollah is a political/paramilitary organisation with clearly defined political goals. They are not like Al Qaeda or the numerous other crackpot organisation peppered throughout the middle east. They have grievances that are clearly identifiable and as such negotiation with them is at least possible. As such, Israel needs to give it a go. The relative peace in Northern Ireland right now didn't come from the government of the UK ignoring Sinn Féin, the political wing of the Provisional IRA. In fact the opposite brought about peace.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6759|Argentina

zimmer92 wrote:

A negotiation is better, but picture the negotiation going wrong, there would be more casualties than before.

I support the negotiation, because I hate war, I hope it all turns out well.
Picture the negotiation not happening at all.  There would be more casualties for sure.
starman7
+15|6726
Let's put it this way.  There is no negotiation with a party whose clear, stated goals include the destruction of your country.  I voted no, however, if certain pre-conditions are met, negotiations can begin.  They must renounce the use of violence, recognize Israel's right to exist, and honor previous diplomatic agreements such as treaties.  Sadly, the chance of that happening in the forseeable future is minimal.
jonsimon
+224|6496
Of course they should negotiate. But the chances of that happening without a coup inside Israel are nil. I mean, being the biggest little bully around seems to be working for them, why would they stop? Either US aid needs to end, or the Israeli government needs to change.
_-_911_-_180891
+540|6504|Shanghai, ethnicity=German
Israel Can Kiss My Left

N
U
T

They started the bloddy useless war
BoomBox
+3|6458|Israel

_-_911_-_180891 wrote:

Israel Can Kiss My Left

N
U
T

You can kiss my right nut.
And 1 more thing... we did NOT start this war... they kidnapped 2 soldiers so we got sick of this.
I am from Israel and I think we should not talk to them coz they are a terrorists "union" the doesn't even have its own country and they only want to kill us.
Have u ever seen a Jew bombing himself so he can kill German ppl? (after the holocaust)
Have u ever seen a Buddhist bombing himself so he can kill Arab ppl? (after the bomb in the train in India)
N-E-V-E-R
The Arab ppl hate everybody and willing to kill them self so they can kill others.
If they want something they will do everything to get it with war never with negotiation.
They put 6-7 kids in a car that transfer missiles so when Israel shoot it the whole world will hate us.
So... in conclusion... the whole world should join forces to destroy this "union" called Hezbolla which is filled with terrorists and finish all the conflicts in the middle east!

Last edited by BoomBox (2006-08-28 07:03:42)

jonsimon
+224|6496

BoomBox wrote:

_-_911_-_180891 wrote:

Israel Can Kiss My Left

N
U
T

And 1 more thing... we did NOT start this war... they kidnapped 2 soldiers so we got sick of this.
I am from Israel and I think we should not talk to them coz they are a terrorists "union" the doesn't even have its own country and they only want to kill us.
Have u ever seen a Jew bombing himself so he can kill German ppl? (after the holocaust)
Have u ever seen a Buddhist bombing himself so he can kill Arab ppl? (after the bomb in the train in India)
N-E-V-E-R
The Arab ppl hate everybody and willing to kill them self so they can kill others.
If they want something they will do everything to get it with war never with negotiation.
They put 6-7 kids in a car that transfer missiles so when Israel shoot it the whole world will hate us.
So... in conclusion... the whole world should join forces to destroy this "union" called Hezbolla which is filled with terrorists and finish all the conflicts in the middle east!
YAY Another ignorant racist Israeli!

P.S. You started it.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6759|Argentina

BoomBox wrote:

_-_911_-_180891 wrote:

Israel Can Kiss My Left

N
U
T

N-E-V-E-R
Being from Israel you should pray for a negotiation.  Despite what Hezbollah did in the past, that has no cure.  But u can prevent more of the same in the future.  So go and negotiate.  Hezbollah probably blew Israel embassy and AMIA building in Argentina killing more than 200 people.  It doesn't matter now.  It has no solution.  What is done is done, but you can achieve peace for the future.  Besides, Hezbollah ain't Al Qaeda, these guys are very organized and have huge support around arab world, you better negotiate with them.
BoomBox
+3|6458|Israel

jonsimon wrote:

BoomBox wrote:

_-_911_-_180891 wrote:

Israel Can Kiss My Left

N
U
T

N-E-V-E-R

P.S. You started it.
Hell NO!!!
How can u say we started it when they bomb thenself in our country so they can kill us???
they killed a lot of soldiers be4 the war started by shooting AT missiles!
BTW i am not a racist and u cant tell who started coz u live far away and the media show half stories!
BoomBox
+3|6458|Israel

sergeriver wrote:

Being from Israel you should pray for a negotiation.  Despite what Hezbollah did in the past, that has no cure.  But u can prevent more of the same in the future.  So go and negotiate.  Hezbollah probably blew Israel embassy and AMIA building in Argentina killing more than 200 people.  It doesn't matter now.  It has no solution.  What is done is done, but you can achieve peace for the future.  Besides, Hezbollah ain't Al Qaeda, these guys are very organized and have huge support around Arab world, you better negotiate with them.
even though they kill 200 ppl u still think we should talk to them?
all they want is war and they wont stop till they will have Israel or they will die.
they just wont stop killing Israelis and soldiers.
they kidnapped 3 Israeli soldiers and probably they torture them.
in the past they kidnapped a lot of ppl tortured them and then took a video of them cutting their head off...
Do you really think someone can talk to them?!

Last edited by BoomBox (2006-08-28 07:19:07)

SGT.Slayero
+98|6466|Life in a vacuum sucks
Israel shod go over threre and kick some arab ass
BoomBox
+3|6458|Israel

SGT.Slayero wrote:

Israel shod go over threre and kick some arab ass
Finally some 1 is smart in here...
SGT.Slayero
+98|6466|Life in a vacuum sucks
thx
jonsimon
+224|6496

BoomBox wrote:

jonsimon wrote:

BoomBox wrote:

N-E-V-E-R

P.S. You started it.
Hell NO!!!
How can u say we started it when they bomb thenself in our country so they can kill us???
they killed a lot of soldiers be4 the war started by shooting AT missiles!
BTW i am not a racist and u cant tell who started coz u live far away and the media show half stories!
The old "You're not in the action, so you obviously can't form an opinion" argument. Silly in todays connected world.

You started it, Israel conducts military patrols onto lands that do not belong to them. It is the risk you take that you may be attacked when on another's land.

Oh, and Hezbollah doesn't suicide bomb, thats the palestinians. You're in Israel and you can't even tell the difference? So much for proximity lending to your argument.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6759|Argentina

BoomBox wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Being from Israel you should pray for a negotiation.  Despite what Hezbollah did in the past, that has no cure.  But u can prevent more of the same in the future.  So go and negotiate.  Hezbollah probably blew Israel embassy and AMIA building in Argentina killing more than 200 people.  It doesn't matter now.  It has no solution.  What is done is done, but you can achieve peace for the future.  Besides, Hezbollah ain't Al Qaeda, these guys are very organized and have huge support around Arab world, you better negotiate with them.
even though they kill 200 ppl u still think we should talk to them?
all they want is war and they wont stop till they will have Israel or they will die.
they just wont stop killing Israelis and soldiers.
they kidnapped 3 Israeli soldiers and probably they torture them.
in the past they kidnapped a lot of ppl tortured them and then took a video of them cutting their head off...
Do you really think someone can talk to them?!
If you live in the past then invade Germany.

Last edited by sergeriver (2006-08-28 07:40:26)

BoomBox
+3|6458|Israel
"Israel conducts military patrols onto lands that do not belong to them."
WTF?!?!
be4 the war there was no israeli ppl inside lebanon and dont tell me other wise coz i know it very well!
CameronPoe
+2,925|6556

BoomBox wrote:

"Israel conducts military patrols onto lands that do not belong to them."
WTF?!?!
be4 the war there was no israeli ppl inside lebanon and dont tell me other wise coz i know it very well!
Blatant mistruth. The Shebaa Farms is part of Lebanon. Who occupies it to this very day and well before this latest conflict? Israel. Who hasn't released 1000s of Lebanese prisoners kidnapped during the invasion of Lebanon in the 80s? Israel. History did not start 10 weeks ago gentlemen.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6539|Long Island, New York

CameronPoe wrote:

1) Talk to each other.

QFT

And BoomBox, even as an Israel supporter myself, you're wrong. There WERE (maybe still are, not sure) israelis in lebanon.

Last edited by Poseidon (2006-08-28 07:49:05)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard