Breez
AKA: badhq
+937|6630|Derby, England

Hi guys I need help of sumone who knows what they doing, I need to reformat my PC and install fresh windows ( Full up with 2 much Pooh ) Now my problem is this I have to many files and programs that I do not wanna loose

I have a PC upstairs that does not have a network I was wondering if there is an easy way of setting up my downstairs PC with the one upstairs? so basically I can transform the files from here to there and when I install windows I can move them back to my original PC

Can sumone give me any good suggestions on how to do that please? ether linking PC by I>P or something ow somehow networking the 2pc 2gether.

or if there is a way i can save the files I need of this PC so I don't loose them :-s

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Peace Boris
bedolf57
+20|6712|Metz, France
the easiest way is to use a (big) USB key, or extract your hard drive and plug it into 2nd PC.

or buy ethernet card..
Viper007Bond
Moderator Emeritus
+236|6803|Portland, OR, USA

Easiest way is to just drop the hard drive from one into the other.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/044900892044e7fc95e599e832a086ae9bcd7efb.png
Breez
+937|6630|Derby, England

Viper007Bond wrote:

Easiest way is to just drop the hard drive from one into the other.
I dont think thats an option bro, as This is my PC upstairs

https://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/2003/0116/sony4_05.jpg

and this is my PC downstairs

https://www.dupuis-informatique.ch/catalog/images/scaleo_p.jpeg

De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6525|Belgium

you could create a local network (create new home-network or something like that) and put the necessar files in the shared files-folder. And then set them on the other computer by dragging them from the shared map to the desktop. You'll need to reinstall the network again as you formatted your other pc afterwards to do the same.

Or if both computers are going through a router and/or hub/switch before going to the modem, you might just use msn/googletalk/aim/IRC, and send them by IM (this doesn't get calculated in your monthly download/upload limit as it is local) and should go very fast (depending if you have a 10Mbit, 100Mbit,...)

or write them on a cdrw or usbstick and walk upstairs (not recommended if it's a few gigs).

EDIT: Mmm seeing the computers, you can bring the laptop-one downstairs, plug a Network/LAN-cable in them (same cable that should go to that box in the wall/modem/router, unless it's both wireless) and send it through this way.

Last edited by De_Jappe (2006-08-28 04:44:11)

Breez
+937|6630|Derby, England

De_Jappe wrote:

you could create a local network (create new home-network or something like that) and put the necessar files in the shared files-folder. And then set them on the other computer by dragging them from the shared map to the desktop. You'll need to reinstall the network again as you formatted your other pc afterwards to do the same.

Or if both computers are going through a router and/or hub/switch before going to the modem, you might just use msn/googletalk/aim/IRC, and send them by IM (this doesn't get calculated in your monthly download/upload limit as it is local) and should go very fast (depending if you have a 10Mbit, 100Mbit,...)

or write them on a cdrw or usbstick and walk upstairs (not recommended if it's a few gigs).
Yeah its 4.5 gigs Im trying to transfer :s

i tought I could just set up new network connection and add same I>P on both of them

I just need like step by step guid on how to doit :-s if anyone has it
Golarin214
+0|6456
Hard drive is the way to go, but you could spend 20 bucks on an ethernet card, then get a cheap hub or switch and network the PCs together (ideally the best way to go all around, then you can access the internet from both computers, and you can also file share and use one as your mp3 storage etc.

try this site, its where I got my start
[url]http://www.helmig.com/[/url]
Golarin214
+0|6456
if you want step by step try the link I posted.
Dieselboy
Flicker of beans since 1986
+87|6548|Reading, Basingrad
Do you have a DVD burner?
Breez
+937|6630|Derby, England

Golarin214 wrote:

if you want step by step try the link I posted.
Will do bro

Thank you
Breez
+937|6630|Derby, England

Dieselboy wrote:

Do you have a DVD burner?
yeah I got Nero
DaReJa
BF2s US Server Admin
+257|6625|Los Angeles, California, US.
I thought I remembered seeing something at the Electronics Store, A USB External HD Maybe?

Edite: Here, Perfect Proof that I am not Insane, Proof .

Last edited by DaReJa (2006-08-28 04:58:31)

Battlelog: DaReJa
MyBFi/BF3i Admin

AKA DanielRJ
GameSurge IRC Network, Support Agent and Staff
Phuzion IRC Network, Support Director and Operator
Breez
+937|6630|Derby, England

DaReJa wrote:

I thought I remembered seeing something at the Electronics Store, A USB External HD Maybe?

:s
Widjerd
I like sausage
+18|6539|Bristol UK
just buy a DVD RW burn onto it and stick the disk in the other pc ?
DaReJa
BF2s US Server Admin
+257|6625|Los Angeles, California, US.

badhq wrote:

DaReJa wrote:

:s
Wha? It is a bit much for a 1 time thing though.

Last edited by DaReJa (2006-08-28 05:26:24)

Battlelog: DaReJa
MyBFi/BF3i Admin

AKA DanielRJ
GameSurge IRC Network, Support Agent and Staff
Phuzion IRC Network, Support Director and Operator

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard