Outlaw2431
+0|6745
How on earth do I get the purple heart medal anyway? I read the requirement in UBAR section. I tried it last night and I didnt get it. Any clue on how to get it?
Bubkin
Pay It Forward
+8|6781
You have to have a 1:4 K/D Ration with at least 5 Kills and 20 Deaths.
maton
LAZY ZOMBIE
+-4|6778
i can help you, i kill you 20 times and you kill me 5 times and everybody wins
1MaNArmY
+2|6798
I dont know how I got this badge but I definitely did not die 20 times IAR and I had at least 12 kills and low and behold you have just been awarded ........  Maybe I got it because of my overall K/D ratio who knows but I'm glad I have it.  suh-weet!
Sturmvogel
+1|6776

1MaNArmY wrote:

I dont know how I got this badge but I definitely did not die 20 times IAR and I had at least 12 kills and low and behold you have just been awarded ........  Maybe I got it because of my overall K/D ratio who knows but I'm glad I have it.  suh-weet!
Why would you be glad you have it? IT IS A BAD MEDAL TO HAVE.
Sandi_Fagina
Life is a beach
+6|6791|CT, USA

Sturmvogel wrote:

1MaNArmY wrote:

Why would you be glad you have it? IT IS A BAD MEDAL TO HAVE.
LOL ain't that the truth.
CaimanReid
+-2|6758
I was gutted when I got 'awarded' the Purple Heart. That was a dire round on my part.
DesertEagle357
Attends Shock Paddlers Anonymous
+1|6793
I don't care if it's a bad medal to have if it involves me fucking one round over to get it, my k/d is still above 1
STYXXX-NL-
+0|6744
It,s better you DONT get it. Its the worst medal you can get!!!
C.Keen
Aliens Ate My Babysitter
+0|6809|UK
I don't know why people get all in a flap about the idea of getting the Purple Heart. Sure I wouldn't want to regularly be awarded it, but I have no problem with the fact I have one (especially since I got it whilst trying to obtain my Veteran Knife Combat badge). Really, it's not a big deal. If you suck your stats will say a lot more than any medal will.
Thanatos247
100% Artillery Magnet
+3|6750|Derby, England
I came real close getting the purple heart when trying to get my expert knife - 19 deaths at the end of the round. It is a bad medal to have because it says you did really crap in one round, but everyone has the occasional bad hair day, so it's no big deal if you have one.

Besides, if you are going for a difficult badge like the knife, then it's to be expected really. Nice stats Keen BTW.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

I might make a profile devoted to earning more purple hearts than any other player in the world...

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2005-11-10 11:46:23)

1MaNArmY
+2|6798
the purpose of my statement was that I got the medal but I didn't earn it.  I did not have a 1:4 K/D ratio in the round that I received it but I gladly took it.  It's a pretty nice looking medal.  By the way you don't have to be dead to earn the medal in real life you just have to be wounded :-)
VIKING-LOVER1
+3|6845

maton wrote:

i can help you, i kill you 20 times and you kill me 5 times and everybody wins
Rofflmao....isint that some form padding though ? ...hell i'd take that trade myslef....20 for 5
WormGuts
+17|6794|Dayton, Ohio

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I might make a profile devoted to earning more purple hearts than any other player in the world...
Lt. Gordon i'm not trying to be a jerk but your knife kills look a little suspect.  166 knifes in only 27 minutes?  what is that, about 4.5 kills per minute with the knife?

looks to me like you got it on a knife/pistol server only map to me.  that or you are really fast at taking knife out killig then putting it away again (which would impress, though i have doubts).

no offense of corse if you actaully are that good.  if its knife/pistol only server well...you have to live with how you got it...i would feel dirty.
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6820
I don't see the big deal concerning K ratio, it can EASILY be nullified by killing 20 people and dying 5 times.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6774|Noizyland

STYXXX-NL- wrote:

It,s better you DONT get it. Its the worst medal you can get!!!
BUT IT'S SHINY!!!
Yeah, my mate's got it and I don't. Ha ha ha.
It was his stupid fault playing "Dodge the Buggy" with my other mate.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
pokerplaya
want to go heads up?
+11|6734|cairns australia
16suicidesgot me mine lol its all just fun right
Kingswat
+0|6755
Its not a medal you want, it means you suck.
VirtuaLResistancE
ArmChair Warrior
+4|6755|NH - USA
In war it means you come home in a body bag, or something simular. Aim your sites alittle higher, soldier.

Last edited by VirtuaLResistancE (2005-12-04 23:32:29)

notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6747|The United Center
i got mine on karkand as MEC.  we only had the hotel flag left and the USMC had two tanks and two apcs watching every one of our spawn points.  it....was pretty lame.  no one went to capture the flag because they were all just racking up points.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard