[OBC]Ben
Hotel California
+0|6763|Oakland, CA
Ok so what i notice with some of the things is that they are slightly flawed...

Grenades:

Most grenades have at least a 50 meter shrapnul blast radius, but for some reason you have to be 3 feet away from a live grenade for it to damage you, i think if there are people around in a 50 meter radius that they should be at least somewhat damaged.

-----------------------------------------------------

Support Class:

Never in my life have i seen an infantry that supplies others with ammo have 4 ammo bags only for them to come back 30 seconds later like magic, they should probably limit the ammo bags considering the amount of grenades they can get.

MEC Jets:

Since when would an Iraqi air force fly a Russian bomber or fighter?

Anti Air and Jet missles:

Its not really an improvment as it is a statement, yes your teamates have a X on their Heli/jet, but once they are shot they are free and travel to any source of heat in the air, i just find that the people who complain about AA missles havent actually tested them without Friendly in the air. Also, if they are flying straight or maybe slightly to the left/right, they're almost gauranteed to hit.

Tanks and Transport:

I dont know of ANY vehicle that has an unlimited amount of machine gun ammo in their supply, it should probably be limited like the APC's and Attack Choppers gun.

Sniper:

If you hit someone in the leg in real life with a sniper, they'll most likely fall down, in BF2 i'd like to see them at least be limping off and slowly as well as lose the ability to sprint and jump, because if you have a bullet in your knee cap, you most likely wont be sprinting and bunny hoppin around. Same thing goes for the chest or arm.

Clearance of a Transport and proned unit:

Most cars or jeeps i know of can clear a person, but if you crouch here, you get run over and killed by them anyway.

Ability to open doors:

I'd love to be able to open doors and climb a staircase to get to a tall building instead of having to take a chopper or some aerial vehicle. Like for example, the hotel on Mashtuur City is one of the greatest sniping spots on the map.

Ammo Capacity of a G3

If you cant manage to shoot the enemy enough times in your 20 chances, you're pretty much screwed.

Pressing E while ending a sentence in a chopper or Jet:

Ive had this mistake so many times its so annoying, for example: could you take me to the main base PleasE? You get ejected out once you hit enter. At least i do.

Entering a Vehicle:

I dont understand how someone is standing next to a vehicle, they all of a sudden, he's in it, its not like you can melt yourself through the shell and magically be in the cockpit or drivers seat. So for things like the jet or AH-17/Mi-37 (i think thats the number) the glass windshield should open up. But when you're in an a helicopter or jet and want to eject, i think they should have ejector seats, so you dont just suddenly bail out somehow. Maybe for the Transport choppers, they have to jump out the back or in the case of a Blackhawk, jump out the sides

I have more, but there's my 2 cents for now.
Sgt_Sieg
"Bow Chicka Bow Wow." The correct way.
+89|6745
They all sound pretty good to me (certainly the sniper one,"Bullet in my leg but I can still dance all day!"). Heh but accually the Iraqi airforce DOES use russian jets (along with like 25 other countries, I know that at least 14 countries use F-15).
[OBC]Ben
Hotel California
+0|6763|Oakland, CA
Oh, i never actually knew that others countries used MiGs and F-15/F-35
Aegis
Sailor with no BF2 Navy
+19|6715|I'm worldwide, beotch
I hate to be a flamer, but...

[OBC]Ben wrote:

Grenades:

Most grenades have at least a 50 meter shrapnul blast radius, but for some reason you have to be 3 feet away from a live grenade for it to damage you, i think if there are people around in a 50 meter radius that they should be at least somewhat damaged.
Grenades have approximately a 5 meter kill radius. Getting fragged much beyond that is unlikey, and near impossible at 50 meters...

[OBC]Ben wrote:

MEC Jets:

Since forever. Literally none of the Middle Eastern militaries design or build their own heavy hardware. A majority of this hardware is outdated Russian equipment, with some of it being newer MiG or Sukhoi models that have been stripped of their top of the line fire control radars and software and replaced with slightly less powerful equipment. Most small countries cannot afford to develop their own aircraft, as it is a multi-billion dollar endeavor, so the more wealthy countries sell theirs for a profit. The Russians do it, the Chinese do it, and we do it - a handful of West Asian air forces (such as India and Israel) have "less powerful" versions of our modern fighter aircraft.

[OBC]Ben wrote:

Its not really an improvment as it is a statement, yes your teamates have a X on their Heli/jet, but once they are shot they are free and travel to any source of heat in the air, i just find that the people who complain about AA missles havent actually tested them without Friendly in the air. Also, if they are flying straight or maybe slightly to the left/right, they're almost gauranteed to hit.
Another story entirely - the whole missles/warning tones are horribly unrealistic. Are they passive IR or active radar? They are fooled by flares, but they give you an active radar warning tone if they're locked on you. A combo AA missle such as the Russians developed wouldn't behave this way, so I've ruled that out. Any ideas anyone?

[OBC]Ben wrote:

Most cars or jeeps i know of can clear a person, but if you crouch here, you get run over and killed by them anyway.
I doubt you'd be that confident if you tried it yourself... While the body of the vehicle may be x-inches off the deck, the differential is most certainly not as high, especially in the prone-ready-to-shoot position. Add a near foot-thick combat load on your back, and there's no way you'd be sliding under anything.

[OBC]Ben wrote:

Ammo Capacity of a G3

If you cant manage to shoot the enemy enough times in your 20 chances, you're pretty much screwed.
I'm glad the G3 only has a 20 round mag - 'cause that's how the G3 comes in real life.

[OBC]Ben wrote:

Ive had this mistake so many times its so annoying, for example: could you take me to the main base PleasE? You get ejected out once you hit enter. At least i do.
Did you push j, k, or l before you started typing? :-D
[OBC]Ben
Hotel California
+0|6763|Oakland, CA
On the grenade part, i dont want them killed at a 50 meter radius, just at least slightly damaged, like half a bar, not that that matters but its the principle.

The Clearance of a person, i crawled under my car, not running of course, but it pretty much cleared me.

You arent flaming, im glad you made your point . I know the G3 only comes with 20 rounds, but if you want to live with that and only i think 4 magazines, you cant be much of a force for very long unless you have a support guy or supply crate with you.
Bravery
+-1|6740
Yes, cause BF2 is supposed to be realistic. Go find one of the hundred realism mods on the internet for BF2.
[OBC]Ben
Hotel California
+0|6763|Oakland, CA
Im not saying completely realistic like where you have things like Kar98's from WWII based games, just ones that make a little more sense.
Bravery
+-1|6740
Again, BF2... Nothing about this game is realism, some of it could be a little more realistic, I agree. But this is a game, and one from stupid developers at that.
nzjafa
+2|6736
i agree about getting shot. even with heavy body armour on, a bullet will knock you flat on your back.

about the 'iraqi' army using russian planes, it isn't the iraqi army anyway. its a middle eastern coalition, which is comprised of many countries which buy russian equipment.

grenades. have you ever thrown a real grenade? they don't go BANG!!! and kill everyone within fifty meters. they go 'foomph!' and if your over 3 metres away its likely you'll survive. movies and computer games have made them way over-rated.

you can't see it from outside, but tanks carry a shitload of bullets. i guess they just made it unlimited so it would be easier. you'd probably never live long enough in BF2 to use them all anyway.

i also agree about ejector seats, they would be a good edition... once i was parachuting from a jet after being shot down and by sheer coincidence a blackhawk passed underneath me so i pressed e, and then i was in the gunner's seat. would this happen in real life? no.
Hakula
+1|6715|Turku - Finland
Pretty good ideas. But the 50m kill radius fo grenades is quite hard to imagine. It's true that a normal hand grenade can kill you from 50m but it's unlikely to get hit by a frag piece so mayby 15m kill radius would be better like in a real grenade?

And in my opinion i would like have more realistic weapons. I have never ever hear of a accurate or high damage US army rifle (e. snipers) like we have in the game. I think it's so wrong that the M-family weapons are more accurate and effective than most of the weapons that realy are more destructive and accurate.

Last edited by Hakula (2005-11-09 01:03:46)

=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6803
The only thing they need to really change is that damned Noob cannon and the pistol (headshot with the pistol...or any gun for that matter should be an instant kill.)

Last edited by =[4th]=SlayThem (2005-11-09 01:27:12)

Deedubya
+-2|6772|The Seventh Circle of Hell
As stated before this is after all, a game. And having much more realism than, some would argue, it already has would be stretching it, and probably make the game worse than it already is. I will agree that it would be nice if you could cripple people, for example you shoot someone in the arm, their accuracy gets worse. Of course having the ability to cripple someone might take some serious programming and processing power as well, so therefore it might not be feasible. But then again, it could be a very simple process.

The one thing I would like to see improved in the near future is everyone's favorite....the missile. If it was bad before the 1.03 patch, they certainly made it much worse with the patch. Flying a jet is ridiculous now, because if I'm giving chase and an AA tracks me, I just pull in close to the other jet so the missile sails right by me and hits the other jet. I've watched many pilots get TK'd because of this. Of course it happens to me on occasion too. I really do hope they fix it, it's quite annoying, really.
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6756

Danger -blast- radius for your standard hand grenade is about 300 meters.  you're pretty much guaranteed to get something in the face if you're standing up to 50 meters from it... and you definitely are going to loose something within 15 m.

hand grenades are a hell of a lot more dangerous than they portrait them... but who cares? its a game and I like to watch people fly when I toss them one of my love-grenades
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6752|The Hague, Holland

[OBC]Ben wrote:

Nop You pressed the " ? " after PleasE. So you wont fall down
Aegis
Sailor with no BF2 Navy
+19|6715|I'm worldwide, beotch
I'll tell you what guys, when I need a stiff dose of the reality of war, I go sit at my computer desk too.
A.Deric
+0|6721|Norway
come on..
if everything had been realistic, it would be impossible to play the game!
and who cares if MEC starts to use russain airplanes!
Michael4970
+0|6741

[OBC]Ben wrote:

If you crouch in then you will get run over by anything.  But if you lie prone the humvees and truck can drive ober you without killing you.  I've done this in the game.  If you get hit by a tire then you will get killed.  So if you are near a wall and someone tries to drive over you make sure you lie prone facing the vehicle and a foot or two away from the wall.
hurricane2oo5
Do One Ya Mug !!!
+176|6734|mansfield
its only a game
Hakula
+1|6715|Turku - Finland

A.Deric wrote:

come on..
if everything had been realistic, it would be impossible to play the game!
and who cares if MEC starts to use russain airplanes!
Why would it be?
I Think that the could be playable but pace would slow down and no more bunny hopping or funny flying AA missiles.

Last edited by Hakula (2005-11-09 07:17:56)

B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6811|Cologne, Germany

if you want realism, go play Operation Flashpoint

BF2 is an "action - oriented" FPS with strategic elements. it's supposed to be fun, and as we all know, in reality war ain't fun. so there is no need to try and imitate real war. If you want real war, go join the army and fight for some oil field in some desert third world country...
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6740|AUS, Canberra

[OBC]Ben wrote:

Grenades:

Support Class:

Never in my life have i seen an infantry that supplies others with ammo have 4 ammo bags only for them to come back 30 seconds later like magic, they should probably limit the ammo bags considering the amount of grenades they can get.

MEC Jets:

Tanks and Transport:

I dont know of ANY vehicle that has an unlimited amount of machine gun ammo in their supply, it should probably be limited like the APC's and Attack Choppers gun.

Sniper:

If you hit someone in the leg in real life with a sniper, they'll most likely fall down, in BF2 i'd like to see them at least be limping off and slowly as well as lose the ability to sprint and jump, because if you have a bullet in your knee cap, you most likely wont be sprinting and bunny hoppin around. Same thing goes for the chest or arm.

Ability to open doors:

I'd love to be able to open doors and climb a staircase to get to a tall building instead of having to take a chopper or some aerial vehicle. Like for example, the hotel on Mashtuur City is one of the greatest sniping spots on the map.

Ammo Capacity of a G3

Entering a Vehicle:

I dont understand how someone is standing next to a vehicle, they all of a sudden, he's in it, its not like you can melt yourself through the shell and magically be in the cockpit or drivers seat. So for things like the jet or AH-17/Mi-37 (i think thats the number) the glass windshield should open up. But when you're in an a helicopter or jet and want to eject, i think they should have ejector seats, so you dont just suddenly bail out somehow. Maybe for the Transport choppers, they have to jump out the back or in the case of a Blackhawk, jump out the sides

I have more, but there's my 2 cents for now.
i think your only going to get all this in the REAL us army.

its a game for christ sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
not a simulator
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6752|The Hague, Holland

B.Schuss wrote:

if you want realism, go play Operation Flashpoint

BF2 is an "action - oriented" FPS with strategic elements. it's supposed to be fun, and as we all know, in reality war ain't fun. so there is no need to try and imitate real war. If you want real war, go join the army and fight for some oil field in some desert third world country...
Wich ofcourse will lead to world freedom.

And higher oil prizes.
[OBC]Ben
Hotel California
+0|6763|Oakland, CA

Hakula wrote:

Pretty good ideas. But the 50m kill radius fo grenades is quite hard to imagine. It's true that a normal hand grenade can kill you from 50m but it's unlikely to get hit by a frag piece so mayby 15m kill radius would be better like in a real grenade?

And in my opinion i would like have more realistic weapons. I have never ever hear of a accurate or high damage US army rifle (e. snipers) like we have in the game. I think it's so wrong that the M-family weapons are more accurate and effective than most of the weapons that realy are more destructive and accurate.
Once again, its not a 50m KILL radius, just damage.
[OBC]Ben
Hotel California
+0|6763|Oakland, CA
I now see that some of my ideas we're kind of stupid, but i have another one, i was playin call of duty and noticed the time it takes from going from stand to prone, so when you jump and prone, it takes about 1 1/2 seconds and you cant shoot in the process, that be nice from stopping dolphin divers. Its same for bunny hopping, you really cant jump that high in the game as well.
{TL}SHARPSHOOTER
Vacuum Sealed for Freshness
+26|6715|The Island of Carls Jr.
Other stuff Bf2 got wrong was the gun accuracy, I mean since when did carbines get more
accurate than assault rifles? Also guns with the same caliber get different damage points.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard