13rin
+977|6470
Yet another reason why I hate the UN. 

http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/P … 2bqwjn.asp

With friends like this who needs enemies?
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.
+231|6700|Wilmington, DE, US

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Why do you care? You're not Israeli.
13rin
+977|6470

Ikarti wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Why do you care? You're not Israeli.
Are you? Or are you a Hezbo? Or a troll just aiming to agitate me?

I care because the UN acts all high and mighty and they are a joke.  People in my counrty whine about playing by UN rules and "global tests".   I wonder why the US ignores it?  Could it be cause they do stuff like this?
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.
Why are you getting so damned defensive?

"With friends like this who needs enemies?"

Could say the same thing about Israel. Not like they do shit for us.
And so what that they do? They vote to condemn Israel's actions and we give an automatic veto.
Ben>You
+90|6517
Pretty stupid, although I'm glad Hezbollah "won". After the years of Isreal occupying their country, they finally fought back.. sorta..
13rin
+977|6470

Ikarti wrote:

And so what that they do? They vote to condemn Israel's actions and we give an automatic veto.
Sorry.  I just get pissed that the "UNITED" Nations was posting troop movements in close to real time -to the enemy, is a bad idea.  Israel is a democracy and an ally to the United States.  The Hezbos want you, me, our parents and our kids dead.  In all fairness the UN didn't post where the Hezbos where.

Last edited by DBBrinson1 (2006-08-26 17:55:39)

Ikarti
Banned - for ever.

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Ikarti wrote:

Sorry.  I just get pissed that the "UNITED" Nations was posting troop movements in close to real time -to the enemy, is a bad idea.  Israel is a democracy and an ally to the United States.  The Hezbos want you, me, our parents and our kids dead.  In all fairness the UN didn't post where the Hezbos where.
I understand in their position as a world forum they shouldn't be doing that, but I really don't care. Israel barely qualifies as a democracy and has caused the US many of the problems we face today. Hezbollah really doesn't care about us. You're mistaken there. Their focus is in the Middle East, namely Lebanon. Hezbollah may not like the US, but they are not after us like Al-Qaeda is.

Also, Hezbollah hides better than the IDF.
13rin
+977|6470

Ikarti wrote:

I understand in their position as a world forum they shouldn't be doing that, but I really don't care. Israel barely qualifies as a democracy and has caused the US many of the problems we face today. Hezbollah really doesn't care about us. You're mistaken there. Their focus is in the Middle East, namely Lebanon. Hezbollah may not like the US, but they are not after us like Al-Qaeda is.

Heh. Blue helmets probably stick out a bit...  I guess you don't share the same view of Israel. I like them.  When they are attacked by fanatics, they go to war, kick ass, and have the support of their countrymen.  I do believe that the Hezzies would go after us.

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article … 67,00.html

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/HH25Ak01.html

Different heads on the same dragon.
jamesjosephkilroy
+3|6662|Kentucky U.S.A.
Between April and June 1994, an estimated 800,000 Rwandans were killed in the space of 100 days. Most of the dead were Tutsis - and most of those who perpetrated the violence were Hutus. The UN did nothing! Finally, in July, UN troops and aid workers then arrived to help maintain order and restore basic services. The UN is a bad joke.

Hezbollah was supposed to be disarmed by the UN. Another failure.
HM1{N}
+86|6635|East Coast via Los Angeles, CA

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Gee, with a name like "Lowenthal", I wonder who's side that reporter is on????
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6592|132 and Bush

Ben>You wrote:

Pretty stupid, although I'm glad Hezbollah "won". After the years of Isreal occupying their country, they finally fought back.. sorta..
No one won in my opinion. Just many needless deaths. Everything is where it was before. I saw Israel cross the border into Lebanon not the other way around. I wouldnt call it a win but Israel was defintetly ill prepared..

As far as the UN :
The U.N. has called on Tehran to stop the separate process of uranium enrichment.
Iran answer http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060827/ap_ … nuclear_80
Xbone Stormsurgezz
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6520|Global Command
I didn't see a link to this suppossed website.
Sounds like bs to me.
I hate the UN anyway so don't worry.
13rin
+977|6470

ATG wrote:

I didn't see a link to this suppossed website.
Sounds like bs to me.
I hate the UN anyway so don't worry.
Sorry you missed it bro.... Its on the top post.  It would be safe to assume its BS if the New York Times ran it!

Last edited by DBBrinson1 (2006-08-26 22:29:14)

13rin
+977|6470

HM1{N} wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

What is that supposed to mean?  Assuming Lowenthal is Jewish, does that immediately diminish his credibility?  Do you not believe him because he is a Jew?
Phantom2828
+51|6519|Land of the free
UN is useless. Like sombody else said it is a joke.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

Ben>You wrote:

Yeah. And the Seahawks "won" against the Steelers last Superbowl... (well, it was a ridiculous game).
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.

DBBrinson1 wrote:

HM1{N} wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

What is that supposed to mean?  Assuming Lowenthal is Jewish, does that immediately diminish his credibility?  Do you not believe him because he is a Jew?
It's just a question of bias. I don't know many hardcore Zionists that aren't Jewish, you know? Not to mention he's writing for a conservative publication that ran a banner simultaniously going after Mel Gibson and liberal Jews. At least that's what it said when I looked at it earlier.
<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6693|New York

Ikarti wrote:

Yup, Just like the Veto's France,  and others used over and over again when the US tried with over 6 resolutions leading up to the conflict in Iraq.

Last edited by <[onex]>Headstone (2006-08-27 03:39:05)

<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6693|New York

Kmarion wrote:

Ben>You wrote:

No one won in my opinion. Just many needless deaths. Everything is where it was before. I saw Israel cross the border into Lebanon not the other way around. I wouldnt call it a win but Israel was defintetly ill prepared..

As far as the UN :
The U.N. has called on Tehran to stop the separate process of uranium enrichment.
Iran answer http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060827/ap_ … nuclear_80
A sniplet from your link

""They may impose some restrictions on us under pressure. But will they be able to prevent the thoughts of a nation?" Ahmadinejad said Saturday. "Will they be able to prevent the progress and technology to a nation? They have to accept the reality of a powerful, peace-loving and developed Iran. This is in the interest of all governments and all nations whether they like it or not."

Ok I say Kick every Iranian out of our collages. Send em packing back to Iran. That should stem there technology. He also contardicts himself when he says that Iran is a peace loving country, yet he calls for the imediate destruction of Isreal. THAT in my opinion is the reason they Will TRY to get a bomb, To destroy Isreal. This Socalled leader is going to cause the destruction of his own country. Isreal. the US and its allies(which are many this time) wont wait too long with these sanctions before All these countries take military action against this nut job.
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6482|Menlo Park, CA
The UN is an empty suit. . . .nuff said
HM1{N}
+86|6635|East Coast via Los Angeles, CA

DBBrinson1 wrote:

HM1{N} wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Total bias...
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6510|Πάϊ
DBBrinson1, the UN is useless because the USA render it useless. So in that perspective, the UN are not your government's friend.
ƒ³
CameronPoe
+2,925|6547

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Ikarti wrote:

A few comments:
Weekly Standard is neo-con trash, everybody is aware of that.
Israel is a terrorist state. Democratic nations hold higher moral standards than that gerrymandered land-grabbing 'nation'.
Hezbollah don't want westerners killed, they want Israelis killed.
The UN Is a shit-heap but the US always calls upon it to try and legitimise their own war plans and sanctions so it's a bit hypocritical to criticise it, expecially when the US has a veto.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2006-08-27 13:28:51)

fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6482|Menlo Park, CA

Ikarti wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Ikarti wrote:

I agree with you when you say that Israel is barely a democracy, they do some shaddy shit!! However, they are THE ONLY "democracy" in the region.  With that said, they are also our allies, and are a partner on the fight against terrorism.  The UN caused the problems we have in the middle east, if they created a Palestinian state ALONG WITH the state of Israel, we probably wouldnt have todays problems.  However you are WRONG when you say Hezbollah doesnt care about the USA, they are sworn enemies of the USA.  They had more blood on their hands than al-Qaeda did before 9/11!!  Hezbollahs main focus is Israel, but they do Iran's dirty work, and help fund the Insurgency and those who oppose us. 

You're also correct in saying that they arent as active as al-Qaeda in their attacks on the USA.  However, that doesnt matter considering they are still a professional terrorist group, and are just as dangerous!  We should have confronted Hezbollah after they blew up our Marine barracks, but that was politics intervening.  Either way, when we fight Iran, and it is only a matter of WHEN, we will have to fight Hezbollah. . .

The IDF let politics intervene and therefore let Hezbollah escape with a victory.  I guarantee if Netanyahu was running the show, the IDF would have destroyed Hezbollah! The politicians in Israel planned a shitty campaign and basically got beat!! Hezbollah is now sitting re-armed and ready to go for another round, while Israel is sitting with their tail stuck between their legs!  YOU CANT FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST THESE ENEMIES WITHOUT GOING FULL BORE AND FIGHTING JUST LIKE THEY DO!!! The fight against Hezbollah isnt over by anymeans!! Its just a matter of time till hostilities re-ignite!!

P.S. THE UN IS AN EMPTY SUIT. . . . . NUFF SAID! Absolute worthless organization, and behind the times!! More people have died at the lack of UN action around the world, than both the Iraq wars COMBINED!!!!!! UN should be ASHAMED of themselves!

Last edited by fadedsteve (2006-08-27 19:57:14)

jonsimon
+224|6486
Uh, Iran has been a democracy for quite some time now.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard