Lawk
+2|6815
I am not looking forward to BF2 Special Forces.  I will buy it, but I would rather EA/DICE spend their time on new BF2 maps that can be played on ranked servers and not how long it should take to set up your fucking zip-line.

Wake Island doesn't fit this because its not a new map and it is a horrible map for the BF2 weapon/vehicle loadout, unless you like to fly jets(thumbs down).  Anyone who played DC knows that.

I need new maps.  Maps that will rival Karkand and be similar in tactics needed.  Also, these maps should include more buildings that can actually be entered.  What armies do you know of that are stopped by locked doors?
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6811|AUS, Canberra
expansion has new maps and will have ranked servers......there you go everything youve ever wanted
chickenmuncher
+2|6792| U.S.A.
Go to Eagames, look at the bf2 special forces movies, I think it will get you as excited as I am for them.
Kazeons^
+1|6808|Denmark - Sønderylland
we need more city maps
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6882|Missoula, MT
I recently spent time on the bf2s server just playing with the buildings on Karkand.  Interesting how high you can get with the aid of the supply boxes.  Some windows you can throw grenades into, but not medic packs.  I also tried jumping into these windows, no luck.  Got a lot of experimenting done before people started joining and then a game started.

I agree, more maps with more buildings.  New maps could possibly revive the lulls with the old maps that nobody plays.
dobbs
Pawtucket Patriot
+0|6792|Cohog, RI
What about destroyable buildings?  has anyone mentioned or suggested this?  An interactive environment would be nice, like say you have a sniper problem on the hill in dragon valley.  Just bomb it with napalm and set the whole forrest on fire.  Or the factory by the airport is always a nest of spec ops ready to come out and slap your tank with C4 while you are trying to cap the flag.  Just blow it up!  Any thoughts on this?
onewraith
+0|6784
I like the destroyable buildings thing. Even further into walls. I hate being in a tank and someone takes cover behing a stupid wooden fence and effectivly aviods getting blasted by the cannon.

New maps are gonna have to come soon cause these maps are getting old. Hopefully not just some more remakes.

Last edited by onewraith (2005-11-10 10:23:35)

TheMajorBummer
Have a nice day!
+-4|6866|Netherlands

CMDR_Dave wrote:

I recently spent time on the bf2s server just playing with the buildings on Karkand.  Interesting how high you can get with the aid of the supply boxes.  Some windows you can throw grenades into, but not medic packs.  I also tried jumping into these windows, no luck.  Got a lot of experimenting done before people started joining and then a game started.

I agree, more maps with more buildings.  New maps could possibly revive the lulls with the old maps that nobody plays.
https://img490.imageshack.us/img490/2183/screen0386sx.th.jpg
https://img490.imageshack.us/img490/3042/screen0392hp.png

Last edited by TheMajorBummer (2005-11-10 10:29:00)

notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6788|The United Center
the destructable buildings and being able to manipulate the environment would be cool, but i cant see it as an add on.  it would probably be packaged as an entirely different game.  the programming for that would be extensive and wouldnt be something that an expansion pack could take care of.

also, the processing power needed to compute things like that is pretty intense...i think it would make the game unplayable for a lot of people.
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6882|Missoula, MT
Yeah, I was up there too Major...  Nice view! 

No C4...only supply crates were used.

Last edited by CMDR_Dave (2005-11-11 08:09:02)

[FIS]-Thor
+0|6784|Vienna- Austria
hmm i would like "some" of the DC maps ... well make that all... ^^
LT_W.J.Kamikaza
Eat C4 SUCKAH!
+0|6827|Netherlands
using c4 in non-tk servers will get you on almost every roof!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lawk
+2|6815

chickenmuncher wrote:

Go to Eagames, look at the bf2 special forces movies, I think it will get you as excited as I am for them.
Done, and I remain at the same level of excitement.
Lawk
+2|6815

Kazeons^ wrote:

we need more city maps
Thank you
Lawk
+2|6815

CMDR_Dave wrote:

I admit that I was extremely surprised when I saw how few maps were released with the game.  It's fucking unbelievable that they got me so pumped for this game and only realesed three maps that I enjoy playing.
slidero
Give me a chinese infantry map DICE and I will be happy
[FIS]-Thor
+0|6784|Vienna- Austria
hmm.. only reason to play is a 64 karkand server,.... or sharqi
TSal2111
+1|6788
Set any map in China/Taiwan  This would help offset the discrepency of lack of chinese maps/stats.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6797|Scotland

Lawk wrote:

I am not looking forward to BF2 Special Forces.  I will buy it, but I would rather EA/DICE spend their time on new BF2 maps that can be played on ranked servers and not how long it should take to set up your fucking zip-line.

Wake Island doesn't fit this because its not a new map and it is a horrible map for the BF2 weapon/vehicle loadout, unless you like to fly jets(thumbs down).  Anyone who played DC knows that.

I need new maps.  Maps that will rival Karkand and be similar in tactics needed.  Also, these maps should include more buildings that can actually be entered.  What armies do you know of that are stopped by locked doors?
i agree with you, but i think wake is one of the best maps!!!! it rocks, i suk at flying: 0kills 17deaths lol. but i rock on wake with  a spec ops or sniper. how can u not like it???
Lawk
+2|6815

zimmer92 wrote:

i agree with you, but i think wake is one of the best maps!!!! it rocks, i suk at flying: 0kills 17deaths lol. but i rock on wake with  a spec ops or sniper. how can u not like it???
Because I am a tanker.  Every point on the map is a bottleneck, and thats why snipers have a good timer there.  If you're in a Sherman, all you have to worry about is a Zero.  In a M1A1, you're being served to jets/helos on a silver platter.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard