Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6607|132 and Bush

I know there are some Alienware hater amongst us but damn this thing looks nice.
A gig a video memory in a laptop...
http://www.cnettv.com/9710-1_53-22829.h … e#mgallery
http://alienware.com/product_detail_pag … KU-DEFAULT
Xbone Stormsurgezz
-101-InvaderZim
+42|6850|Waikato, Aotearoa
*drools*

glaa glaa blaaa

gimme gimme gimme

and its only US$4500 (AUD$5950)

Last edited by -101-InvaderZim (2006-08-25 23:52:41)

Jbrar
rawr
+86|6548|Winterpeg, Canada
you get what you pay for, but not everyone can pay for it.

I'll buy one when I get an annual salary of 100k, 75k being commission, so i don't lose it in taxes

Last edited by Jbrar (2006-08-27 14:03:52)

XstrangerdangerX
conversation is combat
+36|6636|Tasmania
Hot shit. I've always wanted alienware, and solely because they look pretty and have marketed themselves fairly successfully as being all about games.
=TBG=Zoton
my mum says i'm cool
+22|6661|Australia
nice to see 2142 being featured on the alienware link
_NL_Lt.EngineerFox
Big Mouth Prick
+219|6537|Golf 1.8 GTI Wolfsburg Edition
wow......I'll let the video and the pictures dot he talking
dstock9
+13|6611
I wonder what the battery life is like... 19" screen!?
theknuck
It's pronounced Knuck, like in Knuckle!!
+45|6619|balls
so isnt that a dell then? no thanks.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6773|UK
I looked at this last week, its £2500 now my computer is as good as it and it cost me only 500 quid. Also alienware is owned by dell, you know the ones who sell those amazing exploding computers.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6607|132 and Bush

theknuck wrote:

No not a Dell. Research before you post on what you think you know about.

Dell said Alienware will operate as a wholly owned subsidiary following completion of the transaction and will maintain its own product development, product marketing, sales, technical support and other operations as well as brand. The management and founders of Alienware will continue to operate the company as a standalone unit of Dell.

It is funny though how people are always putting Dell down when they have 30 million dollars a day in sales. They are by far the largest online PC retail company. Can't be all that bad now can they. Obviously they have many return customers.

Last edited by Kmarion (2006-08-26 10:04:40)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6773|UK

Kmarion wrote:

theknuck wrote:

Dell said Alienware will operate as a wholly owned subsidiary following completion of the transaction and will maintain its own product development, product marketing, sales, technical support and other operations as well as brand. The management and founders of Alienware will continue to operate the company as a standalone unit of Dell.

It is funny though how people are always putting Dell down when they have 30 million dollars a day in sales. They are by far the largest online PC retail company. Can't be all that bad now can they. Obviously they have many return customers.
Well its kinda easy to put them down when THEIR COMPUTERS EXPLODE!
theknuck
It's pronounced Knuck, like in Knuckle!!
+45|6619|balls

Kmarion wrote:

theknuck wrote:

ya, return customers, the fucking retards that buy $300 computers and realize that their junk.  then they just buy another one from the same company because a majority of computer owners aren't going to build their own.  so in that sense i guess your right.  but would i buy dell, fuck no.  i'm not going to pay for a name.  so leave me be and i can have my own opinion fuck you very much.

so go spend your mommy and daddy's money and tell them you want  an alienware!!!!!
Snipedya14
Dont tread on me
+77|6701|Mountains of West Virginia

Vilham wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

theknuck wrote:

Computers explode? WTF

Last edited by Snipedya14 (2006-08-26 18:54:54)

AAFCptKabbom
+127|6665|WPB, FL. USA
All I wanna know is does it come with that really neat Darth Vader swivel chair  - if so then I'll take two

SWEEEEET!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6778|PNW

AAFCptKabbom wrote:

All I wanna know is does it come with that really neat Darth Vader swivel chair  - if so then I'll take two

SWEEEEET!
The Vader chair isn't complete without the giant sealable capsule.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=K698uM0083Y
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6773|UK

Snipedya14 wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Computers explode? WTF
DO ANY OF YOU EVEN WATCH OR READ THE NEWS! Dell recalled about 5 million computers of different models because the batteries sometimes randomly combust thus making the computer explode. It was one of the biggest things in the news like last week because it happened at an EU meeting or something.
BlaZin'Feenix
I'm just that good
+156|6626|Cork, Ireland
The batteries were made by Sony, not Dell
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6773|UK
Dell should have tested them inside their hardware as the batteries used also by other companies have had no reports of combustion.
Widjerd
I like sausage
+18|6548|Bristol UK
actually they did. Apple recalled some of their junk too cos of them
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6773|UK

Widjerd wrote:

actually they did. Apple recalled some of their junk too cos of them
Apple are probably doing that as a precautionary measure, there have been no cases (as far as im aware) of other computers having problems.

Last edited by Vilham (2006-08-27 07:19:15)

Maj.Do
+85|6758|good old CA

theknuck wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

theknuck wrote:

ya, return customers, the fucking retards that buy $300 computers and realize that their junk.  then they just buy another one from the same company because a majority of computer owners aren't going to build their own.  so in that sense i guess your right.  but would i buy dell, fuck no.  i'm not going to pay for a name.  so leave me be and i can have my own opinion fuck you very much.

so go spend your mommy and daddy's money and tell them you want  an alienware!!!!!
Have you ever owned a dell? just wondering
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6607|132 and Bush

theknuck wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

theknuck wrote:

Go learn how capitalism works. The success of a company is more often then none dictacted by the quality of their product. I wasn't commenting on your opinion but rather the complete ignorance in the statement that Dell and Alienware were the same company. Perhaps it is your inablity to comprehend simple comment's that have led you to be easily confused.

Now run along little angry boy.

But once again people have taken this topic to Dell which if you read the Big Bright Yellow text you understand that Alienware is it's own company. Owning and running are two different thing's.

Last edited by Kmarion (2006-08-27 13:51:55)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
0ktane
Negative Ping
+55|6773|Arizona
I'ts very nice...but I'll continue to keep building my own desktops. 
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6607|132 and Bush

0ktane wrote:

I'ts very nice...but I'll continue to keep building my own desktops. 
It's a laptop .
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6773|UK
Yes i think he knows that... i think he was pointing out that home made desktops are the bomb, which i agree with. No computer is worth £2500, you could make the most awesome desktop rig with that money when you can make nearly the best possible computer for £1000.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard