Proxus
+4|6465
What the hell does this thing do? it says it grants temporary rifle stablity but i cant find out how to "activate" it and since it says it has to recharge i doubt its "stability" bonus is passive.

i feel like a noob :X
HeimdalX
+37|6661
Equip it.
Hold down shift when you're zoomed in.
There's a bar below the crosshair for it.
Proxus
+4|6465
ah thats it lol, thanks bro.
_The.Don_05
Im super serial
+58|6593|England
Tell me how it is, pm whatever but I haven't heard much about it and don't know if i should unlock it.
the.ub3r
+0|6466|California
it doesn't help much
Th3Boss
+0|6486
so it doesnt stop yr cross hair from moving up and down when you breath?
Proxus
+4|6465
honestly i think its quite useless lol.
basicly, when you hit shift a the little bar below your reticle charges up, when it reaches full, your rifle is perfectly still for like 1-2 seconds tops and then it has to recharge before you can do it again. the problem is by the time the stupid bar charges up and you get your 1-2 second window, the head bob nonsens has already thrown off your aim or the target has moved on.

The improved scope is also trash, because when you use its higher level zooming power, the head bob or breathing bob... whatever the fuck... its insane lol.

Also, you have no choice but to unlock it if you want the rifle unlock. Every kit  has 2 guns and 3 items below each gun. you must unlock all 3 items below the rifle to use the rifle.

If they just made it so the stabalizer activated as soon as u hit shift instead of charging up then needing to recharge, it wouldent be so useless imo.

but ill stop crying now
_The.Don_05
Im super serial
+58|6593|England
lol I'm glad i went for the c7,net thingy, camo, carbine tree instead then. Thanks for the info. +1
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6601|Your attic
The sniper section of the recon kit is almost worthless, could just be me not being able to adapt, but I couldn't hit a thing with any of the rifles
dontfeedthenerd
+38|6557

Towelly wrote:

The sniper section of the recon kit is almost worthless, could just be me not being able to adapt, but I couldn't hit a thing with any of the rifles
No, it is USELESS. *grrrrrr*
[-DER-]Omega
+188|6837|Lithuania
Lambert Carbine unlock is the way to go for the Recon class.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/fe717ed1eb823c939460a42f15bced7dd0057c51.png
manitobapaintballa
+32|6629
true i love the carbine but they will probably tweek the sniper rifle right now it is a front line markmans rifle not a true sniper rifle
Proxus
+4|6465
for all the technological improvments upon the weapons of war in BF2142 i must say the Sniper tree is the most disapointing. I don't understand how you can possibly justify the jump to hover tanks and mechs and Orca fighters (lol) yet a sniper rifle has become less effective than a present day rifle. Id rather have my "vintage" L96 in titan than the sorry excuses of rifles they provide.

And in 136 years you cant develop an anti personel mine with friend or foe recognition? I dont know how many dumbasses ran infront of my APM's today after i literally TOLD them it was there, and then they punish for the tk...

Last edited by Proxus (2006-08-25 20:11:57)

Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6601|Your attic

Proxus wrote:

for all the technological improvments upon the weapons of war in BF2142 i must say the Sniper tree is the most disapointing. I don't understand how you can possibly justify the jump to hover tanks and mechs and Orca fighters (lol) yet a sniper rifle has become less effective than a present day rifle. Id rather have my "vintage" L96 in titan than the sorry excuses of rifles they provide.

And in 136 years you cant develop an anti personel mine with friend or foe recognition? I dont know how many dumbasses ran infront of my APM's today after i literally TOLD them it was there, and then they punish for the tk...
Yea, the new rifles look snazzy but they don't feel right or have any real stopping power. And the reason they ran infront of your mine is becuase you told them it was there..... anyway, it's only the beta so things can be changed and your stats will be getting wiped anyway, so don't worry about the TK's

Last edited by Towelly (2006-08-25 20:14:54)

Proxus
+4|6465
meh i dont care about the teamkills till i get banned from a good server for teamkilling cuz people are fuckin retarded ((
-MP-Nuke1266
+20|6726
Wait... someone has to explain this to me.... EA made it so the Basic, tripwire claymores (I believe they actually use optical sensors on the detonator in bf2, but oh well.. there's so many ways to prime those things..) not kill teammates ( a while back, too), but (however many years in the future 2142 is, too lazy to do the math now, or look for it.) years in the future, they've somehow lost that technology? Also, from a programming standpoint, why not just use the current det. tracking for the claymores rather then dig up the old "kill everyone who gets near" code!?
Th3Boss
+0|6486
Yeah, i wish i had known that u had to go one who tree to unlock stuff higher up in the tree, i deleted my character so i could start over cause it whould be faster that way and when i recreat it as teh same name, the stats are still there

so i have 4 unlocks now in the sniper package, 2 on each tree lol
GotGoose?
+4|6500
Make sure you report the sniper rifle's accuracy to DICE as a bug or feature request.  (if there is such a form)

Last edited by GotGoose? (2006-08-26 06:51:28)

fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6578

Towelly wrote:

The sniper section of the recon kit is almost worthless
Sniper is and was always useless.
mattajohnstone
+15|6798

fierce wrote:

Towelly wrote:

AmbassadorofPain
+34|6667|Devil's Perch

[-DER-]Omega wrote:

Lambert Carbine unlock is the way to go for the Recon class.
That's for the titan mode, indeed. Yet I think BF2 snipers will for sure find a purpose for the sniper tree instead of specops tree for 2142's Conquest mode. Plus: APMs are defensive weapons that can be used on the titan, and as many servers will have the noob-friendly "ff off" settings, they're going to make that game mode as annoying as some rounds of Warlord or Karkand can already be these days.
Proud member of a dead community.
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6652|Burmecia, Land of the Rain

fierce wrote:

Towelly wrote:

i beg to differ

sig
AmbassadorofPain
+34|6667|Devil's Perch

spawnofthemist wrote:

fierce wrote:

Towelly wrote:

i beg to differ

sig
That's recon class & spec ops equipment
Proud member of a dead community.
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6652|Burmecia, Land of the Rain

AmbassadorofPain wrote:

spawnofthemist wrote:

fierce wrote:

i beg to differ

sig
That's recon class & spec ops equipment
that was with 7 RDX kills and the rest using the Park 52 Sniper Rifle.
and teh knife
Proxus
+4|6465
I think the FF off feature is bugged, because im trying to stay on FF off only servers and my APM's are still TK'ing and im STILL getting punished lol...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard