+0|6764
Okay this is the final sign that I am completely addicted to this game....

Last night i had a dream, THAT I WAS PLAYING BF2, and as usual i was pwnin it up...
Then all of a sudden i win the War College Ribbon!

I was so damn happy and confused because i didnt understand how it would have been possible?

I woke up today and went into my Bfhq, saying to myself, I cant wait to look at my ribbon!
I get in there, ofcourse its not there, and then i realize it was a dream.  I realize now that i need to go get a job or something because im addicted to this game...

How many of you think its damn weird?

-You got my vote....

How many of you has had this happen to you?

-Not just War College
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6763|The United Center
well, i was driving home from hockey last night and i drove past hamilton, ontario (which is a huge steel city if you dont know) and i saw some gas-burning flames on top of towers...and i was like "man, if i was playing BF2, my missiles would get locked on to those right now."
dsb
+0|6794

ThomasMorgan wrote:

well, i was driving home from hockey last night and i drove past hamilton, ontario (which is a huge steel city if you dont know) and i saw some gas-burning flames on top of towers...and i was like "man, if i was playing BF2, my missiles would get locked on to those right now."
that kind of thing happens to me too...I was driving home one time and an animal ran out into the road in front of me...reminded me of an enemy soldier trying to get across the road before you...i almost aimed at this poor animal for the road kill...
M_Ichi2
+0|6762|Near Munich
I always think in bed on BF2, it's the best game i ever played.
Turtle
+7|6774|Boulder, CO
If I get stuck in traffic I think man I wish an Su-34 would come carpet bomb all these bastards out of my way.
AnD-MasterMatt
+0|6768|Vancouver, WA - USA
You're not the first to dream about a game world. I know I get addicted on and off with the game, and it's annoying that I feel compelled to play with my friends online a few times a week. I'm trying to break the habit because I need to spend more time on the design document that I'm working on and creating the static meshes for my demo level. I know I'd be much more content making games then playing them, but it's also so gratifying to own other players online.

I had the same addiction with Warcraft 3 and I finally managed to stop playing it. I'm hoping I can do the same with this game. I actually took the initiative to uninstall the game from my machine at work where I usually play, but the problem is that all my coworkers have the game on their boxes, so if I ever feel the urge to play after hours it's never too far away. Sigh...

I think what I need to do is have one last BF2 fest on a weekend with my friends where I completely gorge on the game and hopefully make myself feel so guilty for playing so many hours straight that I'll just give it up and dedicate more time to my personal game projects.
+0|6764

dsb wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

that kind of thing happens to me too...I was driving home one time and an animal ran out into the road in front of me...reminded me of an enemy soldier trying to get across the road before you...i almost aimed at this poor animal for the road kill...
Lmao, same thing happens to me after playing Grand Theft Auto, You just wanna drive down the sidewalk squishing people as you go, Who says video games promote violence?

lol
[Ahazi] Kaika
The Suicidal Soldier
+3|6778

Turtle wrote:

If I get stuck in traffic I think man I wish an Su-34 would come carpet bomb all these bastards out of my way.
Nah man, they'll never bomb unless you start thinking "Man it would suck if some noob decided to bomb my ass right about now."
+0|6764
Lol,

A couple days ago i did a burn out with my motor cycle and the thing flipped out underneath me...
It got completely Total'd

The next day i went out to it with a crescent wrench to attempted to fix it just by looking at it and pretending to screw an invisible screw into the air....

Didn't work

Last edited by 34766 (2005-11-08 08:40:21)

Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6762|Houston, TX
I fell asleep the other night after a long sniper session.  Amidst 2nd stage R.E.M.  I dreamt I was engaged in a knife fight with a MEC soldier, I punched him to get away.....
My girlfriend still doesn't understand why I nailed her (make puns here) in the middle of the night.
LT_W.J.Kamikaza
Eat C4 SUCKAH!
+0|6803|Netherlands
It's just weird a game can be such a big part of your life. Half the day i think about: I'm going to get my expert spec ops time if i get 15 more hours, then i will get expert first aid, then i will gather assault time, then i will.............

Just WEIRD!!!!!!!!
pfcilng
+0|6783|Northern Illinois University
Yeah, I am not dreaming about it, but when I go running, I go by a area covered with trees and some roads.  I think to my self, I could hide in the treeline and wait for a enemy vehicle to come and go over the mine I placed.

Since it is finals week in about two weeks, I think I might have to give my GF the CD and have her hide it from me until the semester is over.  I had to do the same thing when I bought the expansion pack for DOOM 3, just happened to arrive a week before finals.  She hid it from me for about two weeks, got my grades and I was able to play.  The first week is usualy the roughest week.
Michael4970
+0|6788
Oh man am I addicted.  I was going to play one quick game last night.   Yeah right, I was online for 6 hours. If feels sureal to get in a car and drive somewhere right after playing.  Every stop light I want to hit F2, just in case.
fikraag7
j00baroni w/ l33t sauce
+1|6771

We're all addicted to BF2...we just don't want to admit it. I'm so addicted that I've started using the phrase "capping a base" in real life...I'm ashamed but I still play
Heretic
+3|6793
Yea, I'm sick with BF2.

Wake up the other day and the girlfriend says " You better let that dog out before he pisses everywhere. "

I reply with a smartass " No way man ! "

And every now and then she will ask me a random question and, the reply... " roger that. "
She looks at me with a disgusted and worried look. I guess my life of good deeds is paying off becuse she is still here.
{TL}SHARPSHOOTER
Vacuum Sealed for Freshness
+26|6761|The Island of Carls Jr.
wow you guys REALLY LOVE bf2, this proves that videogames can be used like pot
mikeshw
Radioactive Glo
+130|6854|A Small Isle in the Tropics

Instead of saying ok to my buddy the other day (he also plays BF2), I text-messaged him "Roger that! Ten-four!".. we couldnt stop laughing..
VirtuaLResistancE
ArmChair Warrior
+4|6772|NH - USA
I have BF2 dreams allot, especially if I play before bed. I cant remember any of the specifics, but I've had plenty. The only game I've played that made me act/think different while awake was SOCOM II. Id go to work trying to dodge the snipers and looking around corners.
SWAMRaoulDuke
+0|6808
reconize all what you are saying i have the same problem; i use the words roger that all the time, even my girlfriend is talking to me in that way. (luckly not all the time).....

Weird shit
BladeRunner
+5|6765|UK
After a huge Quake session years ago, I walked up the stairs, leaped 'round the corner and fired a weapon I didn't have.

Sleep. In the end we ALL need sleep.

<edit>

oh yea...and don't get me started on almost slipping into San Andreas mode....that could have ended badly for that dude in the Porsche.

Last edited by BladeRunner (2005-11-08 22:53:33)

jonsass
+1|6778|Beastmanville, Skeletorland
we're all turning into fps doug
SIRMERCSALOT
+-1|6761
Lmao!! Ty God!! I Am Not Alone!! ..........."howell".....
0ktane
Negative Ping
+55|6783|Arizona
Hi...um, my name is 0ktane...and I'm an addict.
It's been...2 days since I tried to take the RL flag in front of the post office by my house...I think I am getting better.
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6799|The Hague, Holland
Whenever Im in school I wish I had a n00b-tube.

I'd fucking TK the teacher and pwn teh n00bies.

After that I would drive my hummer to my g/f and bunny hop her all night.

But thats another story..
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6830
That is really fucking strange. lol

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard