dlbenson1979
Mr. 20,000
+23|6505
I have only been playing for a couple weeks now, but I would like to "try" to start a civil discussion about the "slight" need for a balance on the vehicles on certain maps.

I do not want to be the whiner, but I have discussed this with friends who have played for awhile and sometimes the air combat(more so then mobile ground combat). Just last night we were involved in a match that we were winning by a good margin, but were still somewhat disgusted by the amount of aircombat mixed in with the normal artillary strikes left us often wondering if it was even safe to spawn regardless whether we were winning or losing.

I know there the good pilot out there who know how to be effective with very little explosive resources, and kudos to you. But the jet and heli noobs just make some situations unbearable...taking no restrain on their targets(friend or foe)

Yes we can team punish, yes they "might" get kicked, and no we can't stop a noob from being a noob.

I'm just trying to think of something that would twick the air combat down just a little, and i do mean just a little. I realize many of you love the air combat and that's fine. I think its great too, but I would just like to see a little more air support/squad teamwork in the game.

Again, please dont' take this as a rant. I want all of us to enjoy it. The ground pounders, the fly boys, and everyone in between.  Just 2 cents...that's all its worth.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6597|England

Increase AA on certain maps (Dalian a prime example), downgrade the J10 (or upgrade the F35), give additional points for taking down enemy jets to try to dissuade from constant bombing runs. Or, if all else fails - be a pussy like most other people and play Karkand.
DavidianCox
...from the internet
+60|6688|Birmingham
make team work a bit better by giving squad leaders or i dont know snipers binoculars [like in bf2] and get teh to spot a target so that it appears on the HUD of the pilot. that may work. or maybe a warning sign to the ground troops that bombs are on there way.

personally i would like to see flak cannons so mounted AA guns not missiles, that would be cool.

idk, im bored of doing work. any thoughts?
sgt.sonner
the electric eel has got me by the brain banana
+146|6564|Denmizzark!!
Laser guided missiles should only be fired if a ground-pounder had marked a target for an example..
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6800|Human Meat Shield
I have no problems on the ground...

The J-10 is a little overpowering, but they are easy kills as long as you don't keep your missle lock on. All the J-10 pilots do is concentrate on massive ground assault anyway, just take your F35 and use bomb mode until you are on his tail then beep once to see him wiggle and drop flares then when he thinks he's in the clear...fire away... 9-10 the J-10 is respawning, unless he looks on his six and gets away from his ground assault tunnel-vision, then the F35 is a casket for your pixel. SO I say upgrade the F-35.

Make the AT either carry more rockets or the Tank be shattered in 3 hits no matter where. Or better yet give AT and Assault more armor than they already have, the AT reload is ridiculous.

But .. eh.. I like it the way it is, let the pilots fly , the tankers kill infantry and wave at the enemy tank as it passes by, and let the ground troops have more skill and competitiveness.
Longbow
+163|6678|Odessa, Ukraine
Get skill and everything will be fine .
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6778|The United Center
BF2 food chain.  Jets > Helicopters > Armor > Transport > Infantry.

Jets are supposed to be hard to take down and better than everything else.  Helicopters are supposed to be hard to take down and better than everything except jets...

You can see where I'm going with this.
kn0ckahh
+98|6769|netherlands, sweet lake city
what a good option would be is to put the airbases away from the action almost out of the maps so they cant refill and be back in to seconds that it would actually take time before they can bombrun again... therefore the mapsize must be changed but it would be cool
ToXiC888
Cal players > BF2s
+40|6616|Columbus,Ohio-THE Ohio State U
You dont need to beef up aa or anything like that, but just co-operate as a team.  Tell the pilots what you want bombed and where.  If your in a jet and see an infantry squad, join it and say "tell me if you need anything bombed."  Theres no built in system such as laser designaters or smoke signals, but telling pilots where targets are is almost as good.

Last edited by ToXiC888 (2006-08-25 03:06:32)

']['error
Banned
+630|6675|The Netherlands
AA on the maps is fine, If you know how to use a stinger/AA vehicle properly a jet is very easy to  shoot down.
yes even the j10, the essex is also fine. many people only use missiles on the essex, but wait a sec: do i see an huge minigun capeble of firering 3000 rounds per minute? yes there is minigun! so when the j10 is comming right at you: 3 secs of minigun fire + with some missiles = booom wathever aircraft....

and for balancing the game more: upgrade the F35B, that would just do it.
PhantomNinja
+8|6490
more points for taking out higher value targets (armor) when infantry
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6800|Human Meat Shield
Infantry is at the bottom of the food chain and the most competitive. Thats why Im specifically infantry, the others I can accomplish in couple minutes.
BandoIruka
+1|6525
-jets can move, stationary aa can't.

-f35bs are flying coffins when it comes to evading enemy jets on their sixes because dice can't fix their overly large hit boxes

-j10s on the other hand can take 3 missiles and still be in one piece. Thats assuming that its doing evasive maneuvers to reduce missile damage.

-safer being on foot than in vehicles on flyboy maps

-always expect a bomber to fly in the moment you make a flag turn grey (so get out and wait for them to waste them)

-Get some skill, be smart, use commonsense and you'll do fine

-This has been mentioned countless times. Use the Search function.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard