swedge
+23|6429|haggis hill
hey guys this isn't really to do with bf2 but i thought id ask anyway, my problem is when i start up my PC it sometimes just stays on the motherboard screen (the very first part of my boot up) it will stay there fr ages until it finally goes away then the next part comes on.  the next part is the memory check i think, after a few seconds it comes up with a error saying something about a media cable being unplugged but I've checked all my cables and they are fine. it has even said something about staring a program by Marvel and Intel.  lol i don't even have a Intel machine its amd. 

it cant be overheating as it happens when my PC has been off for a while aswell, i even tried opening my case but it didn't help.  like i say it doesn't happen all the time just on occasions but has been happen more lately.

cheers in advance

my PC specs:

AMD Athlon xp 3200 2.2ghz
mother board is a Asus a78n-e deluxe
graphics card is a XFX 6200a 512mb agp
it has 1.5gb ram (3x512 sticks)
120gb hard drive
has 3 large fans aswell
windows xp sp2
ddenholm67
DanForth Teh Pwnzer
+53|6527|Scotland
maybe a harddrive prob? did u change anything or notice anything the last time you shut down?
swedge
+23|6429|haggis hill
nope i havent changed anything atall and didnt notice anythingg different did a full virus scan aswell and im clean

p.s     do you actualy live in denholm fellow scottish guy lol
--->[Your]Phobia<---
+35|6727|UK - England
Hi. I have had problems like this. I have found that its my removable drives such as DVD RW, CDRW etc. What I do is make sure all my IDE/SATA cables are plugged in properly and try it. ANother thing remove the Power cord from your drives one at a time... I found my fault this way, my CD RW was bust.. PC was trying to locate the device at start up, as it was in my boot up sequence.
hope it helps...
CronicjoeBlunt
+5|6524|SoCal
Couple of things, first is if you are using your SATA and happened to place one or more CDRom devices on the primary IDE you need to move them off of it and put them or it on the secondary, for whatever reason new boards are not liking anything but a hard drive device on their primary port and have even burned out cdroms which were master or slave on the primary without a hard drive. Other thing is to pull out all your devices that are not intergrated except video and just one stick of memory (if multiple) with your windows hard drive and boot it, if all goes well shut down and install one item back in and so on until the one that is your problem get in and then you'll know, don't be shocked though if you get  all of the parts back in and suddenly the problem is gone, that happens more than you might think.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard