Pagan[CyC]
DAO12 Whore
+1|6772
Was on Zatar Wetlands 64 last night on the US side with Loneagle<DZ> as commander.  According to the stats I've been in 400 games, and this is the first commander I've seen who had a headset and used it.  He provided advanced vocal warnings about artillery strikes ("I'm going to blast the village"), verbal descriptions of where isolated enemy infantry were located ("behind the shed to your left"), addressed me by name and asked whether I wanted him to arty a flag I was approaching, badgered the nitwits hanging around the airfield to get off their asses and go fight, etc.  This was in addition to basic competencies such as keeping the UAV up all the time and located where needed and dropping supplies when requested.

After a couple of minutes I had no doubts about following his orders.  If only more commanders were like this and fewer were flying jets!
blacksheepcannibal
+24|6758
good generals, good squad leaders....they make the game so damn worth all the smacktards and TKers
PFCStenzel
Check your AA alarm...
+82|6800|Idaho, USA / Age 30
I would so agree with you on that one.   Good commanders are hard to come by.  SOme are good too that don't have headset but still do a excellent job.
Jeckelcopy
Ach du Sheisse!!!!
+2|6766
Yes, really, if you want to be an effective commander, get out of the plane, hide your ass, and tell people what and where to go/location of people/strageties...

I'm more like that, yet I use the text, and I give strategies like:  "There only at our bases, attack their bases, their empty!"
PFCStenzel
Check your AA alarm...
+82|6800|Idaho, USA / Age 30
I hate the Commanders that hide in vehicles and sit there and hog important vehicles.  I like to hide myself and command.    Some people are freakin idiots and don't know how to command.  If you are an effective commander people will want you or ask you to command again.   I have had it done and my friend has been asked to command after a good game even if we have lost the game.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard