{TL}SHARPSHOOTER
Vacuum Sealed for Freshness
+26|6787|The Island of Carls Jr.
Unlock grenades? since when did soldiers have to spend 100s of points to get a few god-fucking fraggers?!?!??!! I just hope the beta REALLY changes before the fucking release. Why are 2142 nades better?
~FL~Darkguru
+-1|6563
I for one, have found that I love the gunship-attack aircraft. It takes quite a knack, but once you get it, you can get gold medals on a regular basis. However, the gunner position suffers greatly. Reason being that the tv missles no longer have the crosshairs to aim before you fire. It's literally unguidable. Sure, one hit kills, but comeon. If they just made the tv screen very similar to bf2, the gunner position would be sweet. As it is, the pilot literally has to line the gunner so that the missles have to make no corrections. Preferably, the gunner waits until the vehicle he is aiming at is point-blank, so the missle has nowhere else to go .
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6761|Las Vegas
Here's my take on 2142:

Release date is set for Oct 10, which is roughly 6 weeks away.  Obviously the game must go gold around 2 weeks earlier than release date to allow time for Disc production, packaging, and shipping so that leaves around 30 days for any changes to be coded, tested and approved by QC. 

How much do you REALLY think can change given that time frame?  The best thing we can hope for at this point is a delay until January to allow them time to polish the game and work out the existing bugs (I assume we can all understand what the chances of that happening are right?  This would put them into a similar release window as their closest competition and lose them their early advantage). 

From what I've seen of the beta, if they release on 10/10 they will be releasing a beta quality product, yet they will most likely do so in order to to beat the competition (ETQW) to market.  Flame if you want, but I'm a realist and that is what I see.   On the other hand, I believe that EA/Dice can pull this game together into a polished product, but I seriously doubt that it can be done within a 30 day time period. 

All I am saying here is that you should prepare yourselves for either a retail 2142 beta (on 10/10) or a finished (but delayed) release.  Personally, I'd prefer the delay over the alternative.

I hope they prove me wrong but I seriously doubt it.
13rin
+977|6521
Yea. But are there Laser Guns?  Lasers are cool. I want to buy a green dot laser..... J/k.  Nice review.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6883|Cologne, Germany

well, apart from the usual CTD's ( yes, they were an all-time favourite in BF2, and they are back in BF2142 ), the game runs fine for me.

a lot of wall glitching on the Titans, though. If you turn the wrong direction, you'll suddenly find yourself on the landing bay again...
Home
Section.80
+447|6890|Seattle, Washington, USA

B.Schuss wrote:

well, apart from the usual CTD's ( yes, they were an all-time favourite in BF2, and they are back in BF2142 ), the game runs fine for me.

a lot of wall glitching on the Titans, though. If you turn the wrong direction, you'll suddenly find yourself on the landing bay again...
Ugh, that's so annoying when you're desperately trying to defend the core, and then *poof*! By the time you get back they're in the core.
Chou
+737|6833

PspRpg-7 wrote:

I've never been revived.
Wait till BlaZin.uk get's on the server
B.Schuss

yeah, it seems the engine has its problems with complex confined spaces, like the corridors on the Titan.

btw, does anyone know if the engineer can repair consoles or the core when they are damaged ? Haven't tried that our yet ( who plays engineer on the Titan ) ?

would be a cool feature and a good way to stretch out the rounds in Titan mode. They seem to go by so fast.
Home
Section.80
+447|6890|Seattle, Washington, USA

B.Schuss wrote:

yeah, it seems the engine has its problems with complex confined spaces, like the corridors on the Titan.

btw, does anyone know if the engineer can repair consoles or the core when they are damaged ? Haven't tried that our yet ( who plays engineer on the Titan ) ?

would be a cool feature and a good way to stretch out the rounds in Titan mode. They seem to go by so fast.
I don't think so. It would be cool though, seeing as Titan battles are my favorite part and I want them to last longer.
Shem
sɥǝɯ
+152|6569|London (At Heart)

imdead wrote:

BF2142 is Worse than BF2. I can't tell you how many crashes I had, I didn't play a full game until my 5th attempt. I do say  you have to use skill. Medics are useless. Seems to me everything is easy to kill...for others . Funny thing is all these beta testers think they are going to have thier stats when it OFFICIALLY comes out -bragging about dogtags already, when it comes out every beta tester starts over, then the veteran program sets in.
Thing is, if we are absoloutely destroying people now, it kind of mean we have a huge advantage in the future.
B.Schuss

the biggest advantage I see is that beta testers can have a preview at the unlock system and what to choose.
I can't wait to see all those threads here "OMZG, I have a new unlock, what do I choose ?!!ioneoneeleven""

Shem
sɥǝɯ

Yeah, though, seeing as by the time you are a sergeant on BF2 you would of ranked up a damn lot, it really doesn't matter that much.

Shem
JaM3z
Banned
+311|6752
yeah i cant wait for those either, anyone wants a tip unlock defribs then right teir recon, BTW shcuss thanks for tags man. preiciate it.
B.Schuss

JaM3z wrote:

yeah i cant wait for those either, anyone wants a tip unlock defribs then right teir recon, BTW shcuss thanks for tags man. preiciate it.
you just had to put that screenshot in there, did you ?

As soon as I realized who had knifed me, I knew you'd be rubbing it in at every possible instance.

just don't overdo it, will you ? There is more to life than knifing a mod from bf2s.com in some random FPS...
JaM3z
Banned
+311|6752

B.Schuss wrote:

JaM3z wrote:

you just had to put that screenshot in there, did you ?

As soon as I realized who had knifed me, I knew you'd be rubbing it in at every possible instance.

just don't overdo it, will you ? There is more to life than knifing a mod from bf2s.com in some random FPS...
Lol, i just logged in the server, had a look around to whom was in there and i saw you, i was expecting you to be untouchable with most of the EU server lads but i cam driving up to silo 5 smoking a cigerate like you do, and i see this guy lieing down on the hill behind it shooting some AT rockets at a mech (dont bothr they dont do shit damage to them) so i jump out my APC wack my active camo on and ran straight at you stood behind you until the red tag came up telling me who you where (if it wasnt you i would have pistol'd them) and whipped my knife out and BAM.

Nah ill just leave it in my sig until i get somebody else who i want more, and i wont over do it.

Anyways here is the full screenshot for you to enjoy.

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/2261 … 053dg8.png

https://img168.imageshack.us/img168/2261/bf21422006082623352053dg8.png
Shem
sɥǝɯ

I just love knifing so much, and Jam3z, who needs active camo? jsut rocket pod to silos and knife the poor defender the second you hit the floor.

Another good tactic is to wait at the forcefield thingy on the titan, when the defenders come through, knife em.

B.Schuss

well, apart from myself, only two of the EU server regulars/admins are BF2142 beta testers thus far, so I am mostly on my own out there..

but that's alright, I have had my share of dogtags too.

and if I am lucky, one day I'll sneak up to you...^^
JaM3z
Banned
+311|6752
yeah you should come for a game with a few of schuss, it'l be a laugh at least.  Just dont take shit seriously and have a good game its what i started doing and its become much more enjoyable.

Come on shem active camo owns i love it, especially in the titan just cloak and sneak up on people the time they see you unclock they shit themselves and spray everywhere.

Anyway schuss ill add you to my buddylist, which is getting rather crowded now.
Shem
sɥǝɯ

JaM3z wrote:

yeah you should come for a game with a few of schuss, it'l be a laugh at least.  Just dont take shit seriously and have a good game its what i started doing and its become much more enjoyable.

Come on shem active camo owns i love it, especially in the titan just cloak and sneak up on people the time they see you unclock they shit themselves and spray everywhere.

Haha, yeah it does I admit, though I think I get more of an adrenaline rush when I don't use it.
B.Schuss

JaM3z wrote:

well, I guess you are rather popular among the community.

Hope to see you around then.

B.
JaM3z
Banned
+311|6752
come on schuss accept the invite i wanna go for a game
B.Schuss

JaM3z wrote:

come on schuss accept the invite i wanna go for a game
some of us have jobs..

just back home from work, I'll go online as soon as I can.
JaM3z
Banned
+311|6752
lol i have a job, but i choose to do at work is up to me gotta love being a networking technician with your own office.
[n00b]Tyler
Banned
+505|6636|Iceland
What kit is the best?
jord
+2,382|6720|The North, beyond the wall.

[n00b]Tyler wrote:

What kit is the best?
Minesweeper kit.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard