Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6644|Ohio
1 the first step of being support is chosing your weapon. The whole style of play is dependant, There are two groups: The PKM, and everything else.

Using the pkm:
Try to keep medium distance between you and the target.
Go prone when they start to fire, not before, a prone person is easy to shoot at when you come up to them, because they cant move out of your fire, but if they are standing, you start to shoot at them, then they go prone, you miss, and waste amunition, and they kill you.
So, once you are prone, only zoom if they are at very long range, but even then you dont need to.
It is just as accurate unzoomed, so if you are facing a single enemy, who has probably just gone prone as you have, shoot in 1-2 shot bursts, it will only take a few, because of the power of the pkm, then you can stand up and move.
Rinse lather and repeat.
When capturing flags behind a bunker: do not go prone! it may seem smart because then they cant shoot you, but seeing as the reaction time for most players is about a half second, if you are standing, you can see them and go prone, a prone person in a base is so easy to kill if you jump the bunker and shoot down on them.
Seeing the enemy lets you prepare for what they want to do.

Using other LMGs: Run!
This is the best advice for any kit, it is way harder to hit a moving target for anyone, especially snipers.
Jump and go prone this trick gets you closer to the enemy to increase your accuracy, and its really hard to hit someone who is flying like that.
Do not zoom in, this makes it so much harder to turn and move!
Then go full auto on their chest, that way more bullets will stay in the target area, and you might be suprised by how often headshots come from your chest aiming.

The RoF(rate of Fire) of the RPK and MG36 are the same, at 600, they are slightley more accurate so keep a slightly larger distance, and if you are closer, shoot standing if you can hit them.
Try to strafe, this makes you harder to hit but they are easier for you to hit.

The Other 2, SAW and Type 95 have a 900 RoF, making them less accurate but kills come much faster.
Try to get right on top of your target. Allot of people do zoom in for fights, which gives you the advantage.
Try to run at the person, if you are close when they go prone, try to jump over their body and go prone, turn in midair, this will put you behind them with the gun right in their back, so you cant miss, easy kills.
If a player if zoomed in they will be unable to turn, so your job becomes extreemely simple.

If you try to capture a swarming base by your self, and guys are all over, get in the middle of them and go prone, this will confuse them and they might not even shoot you for fear of hitting a teammate.
Full auto and keep turning, shoot at the direction where damage is coming from.
But most of all, do not stop shooting.
If your gun is near over heating, stop shooting, stand up, jump toward cover and sprint, then jump, go prone in mid air, turn and shoot again, it will have cooled enough to kill the person whos shooting, then you can relax and let it cool.

Other things: The support carries Ammo bags, which are easy ways to get more points and very helpful when spamming with nades.
throw some down in high traffic areas, just throw them all until it automatically switches back to your gun, free points for you.
If you run out of ammo, do not hold a bag to refill yourself, throw one down, switch to gun, and run it over, it is much quicker, same thing for filling nades, and it gives you the ability to defend yourself.

Another thing, dont shoot at tanks.
They just know where you are, and it wont hurt them. Then you die.

Helos are fine to shoot at, especially with the PKM, but shoot alittle in front of its path, because bullets are slow. Some times you get lucky and end up getting a kill for it, Some people have done it with the pistol.

I have never writen a guide before, so i hope this helps out some of the newer players. thank you for reading at any rate.

EDIT: Broken Down for easier Reading!

Last edited by Paco_the_Insane (2006-08-23 13:28:00)

[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6745

Paragraphs or make bullet points please. Don't just put it in one big mess because nobody is going to read this as it stands now.

LMG useage:
http://files.filefront.com/Sharqi_Grena … einfo.html

Last edited by [CANADA]_Zenmaster (2006-08-23 13:27:50)

jord
+2,382|6677|The North, beyond the wall.

[CANADA]_Zenmaster wrote:

Paragraphs or make bullet points please. Don't just put it in one big mess because nobody is going to read this as it stands now.
JohnnySupreme
+23|6494
If I stare at all the text for long enough I think I can make out a rabbit.... Yes.  Definately a rabbit.

Amazing.
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6521
good info, but try playing support for more than 30 hrs b4 making a guide
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6677|Middle of nowhere
dude... you have no idea how to use the PKM, or any of the support guns... just more bunnyhopping nonesense
captain_itchy_pants
+13|6574

JohnnySupreme wrote:

If I stare at all the text for long enough I think I can make out a rabbit.... Yes.  Definately a rabbit.

Amazing.
Dude, I saw it too. Awesome
Wicked_Wumpus
+7|6489|Ann Arbor, MI

jord wrote:

a fly
+105|6643|The netherlands

Wicked_Wumpus wrote:

jord wrote:

quote piramyd
Pyrri
+7|6622

JohnnySupreme wrote:

Amazing.
I see an elephant and the word "cabbage"
Krysiss
+15|6473|NL

Paco_the_Insane wrote:

1 the first step of being support is chosing your weapon. The whole style of play is dependant, There are two groups: The PKM, and everything else.

Using the pkm: Try to keep medium distance between you and the target. Go prone when they start to fire, not before, a prone person is easy to shoot at when you come up to them, because they cant move out of your fire, but if they are standing, you start to shoot at them, then they go prone, you miss, and waste amunition, and they kill you. So, once you are prone, only zoom if they are at very long range, but even then you dont need to. It is just as accurate unzoomed, so if you are facing a single enemy, who has probably just gone prone as you have, shoot in 1-2 shot bursts, it will only take a few, because of the power of the pkm, then you can stand up and move. Rinse lather and repeat. When capturing flags behind a bunker: do not go prone! it may seem smart because then they cant shoot you, but seeing as the reaction time for most players is about a half second, if you are standing, you can see them and go prone, a prone person in a base is so easy to kill if you jump the bunker and shoot down on them. Seeing the enemy lets you prepare for what they want to do.
Using other LMGs: Run! this is the best advice for any kit, it is way harder to hit a moving target for anyone, especially snipers. Jump and go prone this trick gets you closer to the enemy to increase your accuracy, and its really hard to hit someone who is flying like that. Do not zoom in, this makes it so much harder to turn and move! Then go full auto on their chest, that way more bullets will stay in the target area, and you might be suprised by how often headshots come from your chest aiming. The RoF(rate of Fire) of the RPK and MG36 are the same, at 600, they are slightley more accurate so keep a slightly larger distance, and if you are closer, shoot standing if you can hit them. Try to strafe, this makes you harder to hit but they are easier for you to hit. The Other 2, SAW and Type 95 have a 900 RoF, making them less accurate but kills come much faster. Try to get right on top of your target. Allot of people do zoom in for fights, which gives you the advantage. Try to run at the person, if you are close when they go prone, try to jump over their body and go prone, turn in midair, this will put you behind them with the gun right in their back, so you cant miss, easy kills. If a player if zoomed in they will be unable to turn, so your job becomes extreemely simple.
If you try to capture a swarming base by your self, and guys are all over, get in the middle of them and go prone, this will confuse them and they might not even shoot you for fear of hitting a teammate. Full auto and keep turning, shoot at the direction where damage is coming from. But most of all, do not stop shooting. If your gun is near over heating, stop shooting, stand up, jump toward cover and sprint, then jump, go prone in mid air, turn and shoot again, it will have cooled enough to kill the person whos shooting, then you can relax and let it cool.
Other things: The support carries Ammo bags, which are easy ways to get more points and very helpful when spamming with nades. throw some down in high traffic areas, just throw them all until it automatically switches back to your gun, free points for you. If you run out of ammo, do not hold a bag to refill yourself, throw one down, switch to gun, and run it over, it is much quicker, same thing for filling nades, and it gives you the ability to defend yourself. Another thing, dont shoot at tanks. They just know where you are, and it wont hurt them. Then you die. Helos are fine to shoot at, especially with the PKM, but shoot alittle in front of its path, because bullets are slow. Some times you get lucky and end up getting a kill for it, Some people have done it with the pistol.

I have never writen a guide before, so i hope this helps out some of the newer players. thank you for reading at any rate.
sorry bro.
but you ain't rambo if you tink so much.
HaywoodJablowme
Baltimore Blowfish
+46|6579

Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6689|Tampa Bay Florida
All you'd need is an M60, than you would be Rambo......
chefvolrath
feeding the BF2S community since 2005.....
+5|6689
def a rabbit.....a white rabbit no less:)
Snipedya14
Dont tread on me
+77|6694|Mountains of West Virginia

Krysiss wrote:

sorry bro.
but you ain't rambo if you tink so much.
Did he say he was? I must of missed that.
ChyneseGUY
+20|6484
when i first started playing in june, this was how i played, but unfortunately it didnt work lol.
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6644|Ohio

ig88 wrote:

good info, but try playing support for more than 30 hrs b4 making a guide
Hey, maybe i have a fourth of your time, but a third of your kills, what does that say?
Simon
basically
+838|6657|UK
Atleast you made it readable. Still, its not a very good guide.

But props for making it.
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6644|Ohio
and, in reference to rambo, that means i charge down the enemy team alone, generally to take bases.

Warlord + RPK + Me = Gold
FesterTheMolester
BF2s US Server Admin, IRC>Forums
+157|6639|The Mind Of A Cereal Killer

a fly wrote:

Wicked_Wumpus wrote:

jord wrote:

quote piramyd
Simon
basically
+838|6657|UK

FesterTheMolester wrote: