SamuraiDogg
+2|6609|Germany | Nationality Turkish

SoiCowboy wrote:

It keeps saying my BF2 password is wrong.

Brilliant.
???
SoiCowboy
+2|6595
Yeah. It just won't accept it. Ho hum.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6833|Cologne, Germany

SamuraiDogg wrote:

So is the email and password automaticly the same as in bf2???
well, if you want to "reserve" your BF2 name for BF2142, you'll have to enter your BF2 name and PW as "proof", so EA knows it's really you.

But since the login method for BF2142 will be totally different from that in BF2, your BF2 accounts won't be valid for BF2142 anyway. Different games, different accounts, as far as I know.

BF2 uses essentially a Gamespy account, and Gamespy is also the entity which manages your account for BF2.

For BF2142, users will have to use an EA.com account, if I am informed correctly. Which makes sense if you keep in mind that EA already keeps track of all the games you own via your EA.com account ( via the EA downloader, for example ).

I guess EA is slowly but steadily moving towards a steam-like approach, where users can aquire game content ( including updates and patches ) via EA-owned technology aka the EA Downloader.

So the answer to your question is basically "no". When creating your account for BF2142, you can of course decide to use the same e-mail and PW for that new account, but they are not automatically the same as in BF2.
Aruba-Prime
[Expert Smoke Grenade]
+44|6766|Hamburg, Germany

JohnClark wrote:

Yes, I got a real response from EA Tech Support
I'll ad that to the first post
SamuraiDogg
k got it, thx
Aruba-Prime
[Expert Smoke Grenade]

SamuraiDogg wrote:

k got it, thx
Dit it work?
SamuraiDogg
Yeah it worked, but I just asked myself what about your passwort and email...
And what b.schuss said sounds logical.
Janysc
+59|6675|Norway
Yay, I finally get to fix my nick! See, "Janysc", my name from BF2 is actually a mispelled Polish/Eastern European name... So for BF2142 I reserved Janysch, corrected. So happy .
FlashHeart
+4|6499|Chatham, UK
Someone is using my BF2 nick in the 2142 Beta but I've reserved it back for the full release, haha !  Trouble is the name I'm using in the beta for now also belongs to someone else, so sorry mate you'll get CountZer0 back in a few weeks.....
Aruba-Prime
[Expert Smoke Grenade]

FlashHeart wrote:

Someone is using my BF2 nick in the 2142 Beta but I've reserved it back for the full release, haha !  Trouble is the name I'm using in the beta for now also belongs to someone else, so sorry mate you'll get CountZer0 back in a few weeks.....
Was anybody able to reserve his BF2142 beta name for the final?
Chou
+737|6783
Finally, you will receive a new verbal taunt to use in Battlefield 2.
What about this?
[n00b]Tyler
Banned
+505|6586|Iceland
guys guys, I got the name Ballz so i rock u all ^_^
GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6755

Anyone know what the deal is if you're in the beta and you want to reserve your name? What I did was reserve the name "GotMex" (lame you can't use symbols) with the veteran program, and then I logged into the beta system and created a soldier with name GotMex as well.

I am just wondering what's gonna happen when the real game comes out before 2142 if we are lucky. Is the beta name gonna be deleted? Or is it gonna remember I used it and then I won't get any special veteranness?
MuseSeeker
2142 Soldier: Behenaut
+110|6767|EUR
I believe all beta characters will be deleted.
Aruba-Prime
[Expert Smoke Grenade]
Yep global reset...
metatr0n84
+10|6577|Germany
some1 already registered metatr0n now i have to take metatr0n84 again
beerface702
+65|6685|las vegas
too bad it doesnt transfer your current rank over.
GotGoose?
+4|6482

beerface702 wrote:

too bad it doesnt transfer your current rank over.
What would be the point in playing the game then?
voidphantom
+1|6462
2 bad it doesnt work for the beta the veterans program i mean
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6659

voidphantom wrote:

2 bad it doesnt work for the beta the veterans program i mean
Does it matter for the Beta anyways?  Early on, it's easy to rank up after just 1 or two games.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard