zizler
+0|6677
wouldnt it be cool if you could get a silenced sniper simelar to the svd and the type 88, only a bit less damage because of silencer. lying on a chinese map and sniping everyone who comes bye without being heard, that would be great
MDW
+43|6687|Dortmund, Germany
Yeah, let's throw in another bunch of weapons for each kit that nobody's gonna use.
They're not gonna do much work to BF2 anymore, seeing that they're working around the cock to get BF2142 ready...
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6854|Reykjavík, Iceland.
At the range that I snipe the sound of my L96A1 can't be heard by my enemies.
Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6634|Camp XRay

no, and it will never happen.
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
Kanye North
randy
+80|6475
the L9 is pretty much silenced it seems like
Longbow
+163|6657|Odessa, Ukraine
L96 is not semi-auto , over .
Ryan
+1,230|6854|Alberta, Canada

MDW wrote:

Yeah, let's throw in another bunch of weapons for each kit that nobody's gonna use.
They're not gonna do much work to BF2 anymore, seeing that they're working around the cock to get BF2142 ready...
lol working around the cock. good times, i remember that
DrJAV
+1|6579

MDW wrote:

lol - i agree with you....but you meant 'clock' right?

Last edited by DrJAV (2006-08-22 08:58:26)

Mouse315
Bash.org Junkie
+105|6531
It was an EA announcement from a while ago.  They said working around the cock.
uk-anubis-uk
+21|6532
No autosniper is great! Bolt Action forever!!!!
GhostStalker0
I like pie
+29|6488|San Diego, CA
I wish they replaced the M95 with the Barrett M107 Rifle. .50 cal bullets FTW! 1 shot and you go down! But balance may be an issue
jord
+2,382|6689|The North, beyond the wall.
I just wan't some silenced weapons,i try to do my stealth but using the pistol usually results in enemy fire giving me away.

M4 silenced,G36 silenced,and some sort of silent Sniper,that will be fine.
ValentijnR
+18|6564
then everybody would think they are a ninja or something, go all stealthy into flag areas

then they get shot by me with a canon

KABOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM stupid ninja wannabe's
Tushers
Noctwisaskfirtush
+224|6695|Some where huntin in Wisconsin
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaT!!111!!
jord
+2,382|6689|The North, beyond the wall.

ValentijnR wrote:

then everybody would think they are a ninja or something, go all stealthy into flag areas

then they get shot by me with a canon

KABOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM stupid ninja wannabe's
I'l take it you're tying to address me with the ninja thing?

Well it was a laugh and i really can't be assed explaining it you as you have nothing to do with it.
lt2tanks
meat shield
+18|6504|Maine

MDW wrote:

Working around the what?  Keep your personal life out of this pal.
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6707|Germany

PBAsydney wrote:

At the range that I snipe the sound of my L96A1 can't be heard by my enemies.
That's correct,they may hear the impacts on the ground if you miss but they don't hear the shot at all.And if you get the headshot they just "urrgh" before they see the "You are critically wounded".

uk-anubis-uk wrote:

No autosniper is great! Bolt Action forever!!!!
Bullsh*t! I prefer bolt-action aswell because of the long range abilities,but this round here made me think:
This was on Wake,pwning all sniper noobs with their L96A1s,using the Type88 :https://f10.putfile.com/thumb/8/23314154716.png
No claymores,no transport kills,just Type88 kills.

On maps where you have low visibility anyways due to fog you are actually better off with a semiautomatic sniper.
The x5 zoom isn't such a big bonus on maps where you can only see 140 meters and if you can pull off headshots on long range(for the semiautos with their x3.33 zoom) the higher rate of fire and double amount of ammo of the SVD or Type88 just outweigh their lack of power.
So maybe take that in consideration on a foggy map next time.

And now back to topic:
Hell yeah,why not?New unlocks for every class.
But please no bullshit silencer low damage gun,that's what the pistol is for.How about a semiautomatic with a proper x5 zoom like the bolt actions?
I know that the H&K PSG-1 is on a lot of people's wish list,but due to it's nature as a police SWAT weapon I would rather choose the military model,the H&K MSG-90.

But I don't think they will be anything new for BF2 after patch 1.4,with BF2142 coming and all.
Mods could be the alternative,but you don't get the ranking and the points.

Last edited by Mj.Blindfisch (2006-08-22 11:36:08)

Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6560|UK

MDW wrote:

Lmfao
MDW
+43|6687|Dortmund, Germany

lt2tanks wrote:

MDW wrote:

Working around the what?  Keep your personal life out of this pal.
I guess you dunno about that cock-typo in that old EA-announcement...
It said that DICE was "working around the cock" to get some patch ready while they meant cLock...

Last edited by MDW (2006-08-23 06:48:47)

lt2tanks
meat shield
+18|6504|Maine
I'm an idiot.  Always way behind.
Go-Devil
Does a wild bear crap in the woods, son ????
+3|6460
maybe give the Sf a semi sniperrifle, 2x zoom, fully silenced, not very powerful, auto or semi-auto....

real snipers dont need semi auto or silencers....

BandoIruka
+1|6505
maybe if the auto sniper had a 20 round mag, then people might take interest in it. but of course there will be cries for nerf as well. It would probably be like that hated terrorist auto sniper in CS.
Ben>You
+90|6537
Why on earth did you people revive this thread..
BandoIruka
+1|6505
because they were smart and used the search function instead of starting another new obnoxious topic?
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6537|Singapore
maybe give the SF forces a sniper rifle (semi or bolt or whatever) with a sound and flash suppressor

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard