Golarin214
+0|6469
How about fixing the stuff ya broke when you released patch 1.3?
It seems like every time I have an itch to play, wait for the map to load, hit join game, and WHAM im looking at my kid on my desktop.

and how about the other stuff thats bugged? I dont have a complete list obviously.

One of the things that iritates me the most is the super long load times. Isnt there some way to cache the maps so they load quicker?
its bad. I have time to go out and grab a smoke in between maps.
duk0r
Administrator
+306|6679|Austin, TX

How about posting in the right section of the forums?

I know you are new so I guess I will cut you some slack.

Moved -> BF2 - Complain
https://bf3s.com/sigs/a3a6d1102d14bf2f7e266fba7f728dc2cc38b316.png
Simon
basically
+838|6669|UK
Wait, how long does it take to load then. Because my comp isnt the best..
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6730|Melbourne, Australia
duk0r.. hes obviously not a forum nerd... ok let him be

golarin people have been saying this since the realise of 1.3  i think the patch is realesed tomorrow actully so wel have to wait and see dont worry i share your pain
majorassult
I <3 ak101
+307|6674|under there hayousaidunderwear
If you want faster load times buy more ram.
ResDog1
+51|6776|Netherlands

Golarin214 wrote:

How about fixing the stuff ya broke when you released patch 1.3?
It seems like every time I have an itch to play, wait for the map to load, hit join game, and WHAM im looking at my kid on my desktop.

and how about the other stuff thats bugged? I dont have a complete list obviously.

One of the things that iritates me the most is the super long load times. Isnt there some way to cache the maps so they load quicker?
its bad. I have time to go out and grab a smoke in between maps.
Untill 1.3 is released, try the following....

DO NOT hit the joinbutton, but press  the ESC button on you keyboard instead... if the game goes into the menu instead of the game press the ESC button again.

Et voila you are in the game without crashing.
This is an anoying workaround, but it works.
Lionbeat
+9|6657|LONDON
I've done the more RAM thing, I've got 2GB DDR 3200 now, an AMD 3200+, and two 6600GTs running SLi. Loading time is still pretty slow, unless I've been playing a few rounds and the maps are in the cache or whatever (or so it seems). Karkand in particualr loads v fast. But I'd have expected better with my rig. In fact - it's not really the loading that takes tooo long - it's the 'Verifying' part that seems to drag out unnecessarily. I've got a 12MB connection (up to 24MB), so what's that all about.

Agreed on 2142. I ain't buying it. Not even if they fix BF2. I like the ocntemporary combat in BF2 and want them to get that right.

I will buy BF3 if that's contemporanous, just so long as they fic the bugs in my beloved BF2...
Jenkinsbball
Banned
+149|6559|USA bitches!
I've got 1 7800gtx, 2gb ram, and AMD 64 3400+ and with everything on high, I load in under 40 seconds.
Golarin214
+0|6469
My system is a Sempron 1.8Ghz with 2G PC3200 and a FX5500 with 512M, and it takes about an average of 3 to 5 minutes to load a map.
Thanks for not -1 Karma-ing me for not putting it in the right place, I was at work and I just wanted to see if I could get some responses to this.
Does anyone know of a way to preload the maps? That way it doesn't take so darned long to get it up and going?
Snipingruven
The Anti-Sniper
+12|6548|Las Vegas

Golarin214 wrote:

My system is a Sempron 1.8Ghz with 2G PC3200 and a FX5500 with 512M, and it takes about an average of 3 to 5 minutes to load a map.
Thanks for not -1 Karma-ing me for not putting it in the right place, I was at work and I just wanted to see if I could get some responses to this.
Does anyone know of a way to preload the maps? That way it doesn't take so darned long to get it up and going?
You got a Dino there buddy. Surprised you get in at all with that CPU. Think about upgrading. Dual core, AMD, only way to fly!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard