Lisik
+74|6501|Israel
i don't know what are u talking about! things newer was looks rosy to israel!
CameronPoe
+2,925|6555

Lisik wrote:

i don't know what are u talking about! things newer was looks rosy to israel!
Do you think Israel will bomb the reactors in Iran soon?
Lisik
+74|6501|Israel
kinda off-thread question...
CameronPoe
+2,925|6555

Lisik wrote:

Just wanted to know what Israelis think is gonna happen with respect to Iran.
.:XDR:.PureFodder
+105|6829

Dersmikner wrote:

jonsimon, I'm going to teach you a VERY important lesson about the difference between prejudice and racism. I'm serious. I'm not trying to be a smartass, I want you to read this and think about it.

Prejudice means to "pre judge".

We do it every day, in every facet of our lives. We prejudge that when we step on the accelerator our carS will move forward, because the odds are that they will. Of the 500,000 times you've stepped on the accelerator in your life, the car moved 499,985 times.

When you see a man in a courtroom in a blue jumpsuit, you prejudge that he's a prisoner. You're playing the math.

When I see two kids, black, white, Hispanic, Asian, or other, wearing baggy pants that hang down where you can see their underwear, with chains hanging off them, wearing ribbed sleeveless t-shirts, hats cocked off to the side, dragging their feet, I'm not thinking "CEO of IBM". As a matter of fact, I'm thinking there's a better chance of those kids robbing me than a clean cut guy in a suit, irrespective of his race.

That's being prejudiced. I am. You are. We all HAVE TO BE. If I see a truck in front of me with a HUGE rebel flag, a bumber sticker that says "touch my truck I'll whip your ass" and other such stuff, I'm prejudging that the person driving that truck is probably racist, not college educated, potentially violent, and more than likely a wife-beater with a DWI conviction.

I see Mexicans on the street at the day labor camp here and they don't speak any English and I prejudge that they don't pay taxes, don't speak English, are Catholic, and have a Mexican flag in their home but probably no Stars and Stripes.

There's a difference in that and racism.

Racism is disliking someone based on their race. If you're a clean cut, wine drinking businessman who wears a suit to work and you don't want to sit down and have a drink with a clean cut, wine drinking businessman in a suit whose skin is black, you're a racist.

There is a HUGE difference.

I am prejudiced. That's why I won't fly in a plane with more than two Arab males. However, I'm not racist, which is why the next door neighbor, Mo (yes, short for Mohammed) was one of the guys at my house watching the Astros blow another fucking lead last night.
Actually, according to your own argument, you're racist. The vast majority of Arabs are not terrorists therefore your own argument says you should pre-judge them to be honest, faithful, hardworking people. It's the equivalent of assuming that all white people are in the KKK. Also will you honestly walk the whole length of the plane and upon seeing 2 suit wearing Arabs, decide they must be terrorists, not businessmen and get off?

https://img223.imageshack.us/img223/7932/realon7.png

Last edited by .:XDR:.PureFodder (2006-08-23 04:21:09)

Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6675|Canberra, AUS
Sigh. Derailed within four pages.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Lisik
+74|6501|Israel

CameronPoe wrote:

Lisik wrote:

Just wanted to know what Israelis think is gonna happen with respect to Iran.
whanna listen my opinion?

iran need this nucke only becouse he is scary... scary that israel got over 500 nuckes, and he dont have even one! but still i give 80% for YES - it will be destroyed!!
Dersmikner
+147|6498|Texas
Well, this will go COMPLETELY off-topic but I want to respond to PureFodder's talk of racial profiling.

PureFodder, in all honesty, if I see two business suit wearing 55 year old Arabs on the plane, I'm going to have a drink, relax, and enjoy my flight without a second thought.

If I see 3 or more Arab men between the ages of 20 and 35, I'm getting off the plane if I have to forearm shiver the stewardess on the way back up the aisle.

I rarely, if ever, walk the streets of Harlem flashing my Rolex. I don't go watch the KKK march with my black employees. I also try to not walk into a Nazi rally wearing a Star of David (not that I own one).

There's a risk to reward ratio in all things, and I think that my reward (getting to Napa two hours earlier) isn't worth the 1 in 20,000 risk that my plane, or the wreckage thereof, is going to be on CNN.

I certainly understand your point that all squares are rectangles, but not all rectangles are squares, but if someone told you "traditional rectangles are peaceful, but squares of course are explosive. There is a rectangle in that room. Open the door because it's probably not a square," are you going to open the door? I'm not.

Let me clear this up with this hypothetical: If I lived in the Middle East, say Saudi Arabia, and suddenly cowboy hat wearing, white, Judeo/Christian Westerners were responsible for blowing up mosques, and the Saudi Police starting tapping my phone conversations, I'd understand. If I knew a few guys and hung out watching football replays with them or something innocuous, and it turned out that some were involved in the violence, and my door got kicked in one night and I got drug off to an interrogation, I'd understand.

In all likelihood I'd leave the area. At the very least I'd tell every white cowboy hat wearing person I knew that I was not involved and if they were to stay the hell away from me. I'd probably give a key to my front door to the Saudi police and tell them that I loved my new home and was disgusted and appalled at the actions of people who were outwardly similar to me. I damned sure wouldn't carry any banners or march in opposition to Saudi policy or anything of the sort.

You guys are living in a fantasy world. More importantly, it's a dangerous world.

I'm not for allowing the government to break into your house if they suspect that you're smoking weed. I'm not for them telling you whom or how you can screw. But, if you're part of a very specific subset of individuals, and your group is well over-represented in violent actions within these borders, I'm all for them following you like a hawk.

And at the very least, I'm not flying on a death tube with you.
jonsimon
+224|6495
Dersmikner, maybe you should move to China, you're such a fan of oppressive police action and all. :\
HM1{N}
+86|6644|East Coast via Los Angeles, CA
Let me see, since I am following your line of thinking, and you are a White Cowboy hat wearing Judeo Christian, then you obviously can't be trusted because your main goal is the oppresion of all people not of your faith, and the total annexation of their property and means of survival.

In other words, you are an untrustworthy Zionist living in America who's citizenship should be revoked right before you are deported to Israel...
.:XDR:.PureFodder
+105|6829

Dersmikner wrote:

Well, this will go COMPLETELY off-topic but I want to respond to PureFodder's talk of racial profiling.

PureFodder, in all honesty, if I see two business suit wearing 55 year old Arabs on the plane, I'm going to have a drink, relax, and enjoy my flight without a second thought.

If I see 3 or more Arab men between the ages of 20 and 35, I'm getting off the plane if I have to forearm shiver the stewardess on the way back up the aisle.
Richard Reid tried to blow up a plane by himself, so you'd better not get on a plane with any Arabs if you're that worried about terrorists.

Dersmikner wrote:

I rarely, if ever, walk the streets of Harlem flashing my Rolex. I don't go watch the KKK march with my black employees. I also try to not walk into a Nazi rally wearing a Star of David (not that I own one).

There's a risk to reward ratio in all things, and I think that my reward (getting to Napa two hours earlier) isn't worth the 1 in 20,000 risk that my plane, or the wreckage thereof, is going to be on CNN.
You're much more likely to end up dead in a car crash, so risk-reward considerations say you should in fact take the plane.

Dersmikner wrote:

I certainly understand your point that all squares are rectangles, but not all rectangles are squares, but if someone told you "traditional rectangles are peaceful, but squares of course are explosive. There is a rectangle in that room. Open the door because it's probably not a square," are you going to open the door? I'm not.
Any Christians ever killed anyone? Yes. Better not let any of them in then. Jews? Again yes. Better keep them out. Hindus? yep. White people? yep. Hispanics? yep. Eskimos? yep. (insert any large group of people)? yep. Sounds like you're going to be all alone in your room.

Dersmikner wrote:

Let me clear this up with this hypothetical: If I lived in the Middle East, say Saudi Arabia, and suddenly cowboy hat wearing, white, Judeo/Christian Westerners were responsible for blowing up mosques, and the Saudi Police starting tapping my phone conversations, I'd understand. If I knew a few guys and hung out watching football replays with them or something innocuous, and it turned out that some were involved in the violence, and my door got kicked in one night and I got drug off to an interrogation, I'd understand.
and held you there indefinitely without trial?

Dersmikner wrote:

In all likelihood I'd leave the area. At the very least I'd tell every white cowboy hat wearing person I knew that I was not involved and if they were to stay the hell away from me. I'd probably give a key to my front door to the Saudi police and tell them that I loved my new home and was disgusted and appalled at the actions of people who were outwardly similar to me. I damned sure wouldn't carry any banners or march in opposition to Saudi policy or anything of the sort.
As most Arabs did.

Dersmikner wrote:

You guys are living in a fantasy world. More importantly, it's a dangerous world.

I'm not for allowing the government to break into your house if they suspect that you're smoking weed. I'm not for them telling you whom or how you can screw. But, if you're part of a very specific subset of individuals,
21% of the worlds population

Dersmikner wrote:

and your group is well over-represented in violent actions within these borders, I'm all for them following you like a hawk.
Terrorism isn't exacly a large part of the homicide rate now is it.

Dersmikner wrote:

And at the very least, I'm not flying on a death tube with you.
If a terrorist blows up a car will you stop driving? If a terrorist blows up a shop will you stop going to the shops? If a terrorist blows up a school will you stop your kids from going to school?
jonsimon
+224|6495

.:XDR:.PureFodder wrote:

If a terrorist blows up a car will you stop driving? If a terrorist blows up a shop will you stop going to the shops? If a terrorist blows up a school will you stop your kids from going to school?
Oooh, maybe if a terrorist blows up a house he will live on the streets.
Dersmikner
+147|6498|Texas
Wow, man I wish I were 25 again and thought I could tell everyone else how to feel and think.

Let me be clear: I DON'T trust the male Muslim population between the ages of 18 and 40, and if you don't like it, screw you. You can call me cautious, paranoid, racist, or all of the above. I don't care if Muslims are 2% or 21% (though given their "let's make this Planet Islam" mantra that does concern me a little), I call that a specific subset. It's a pretty good bet that if a train gets blown to shit tomorrow in Paris, it wasn't me, or anyone who looks like me. It wasn't a black guy with cornrows. It wasn't a Chinese kid with thick glasses wearing a backpack. Chances are it was a group of pissed off 18 to 40 year old Muslim men. Period.

I don't want to put myself in a situation where those people can harm me in the furthering of their agenda. If I were a black guy, I wouldn't want to live in Vidor, Texas (you know, the home of the dragging death of James Byrd) either.

The percentage of elderly caucasian/oriental/black/hispanic passengers who want to blow up a plane effectively registers at ZERO.

The percentage of young, male Muslims who want to blow up a plane is significantly higher.

So no, I don't want to take the chance that I'm on a plane with a fucking lunatic.

And all your little bullshit analogies, though far-fetched, are closer to the truth than you might think. If Muslims were blowing up houses in a certain neighborhood, no, I wouldn't buy a house in that neighborhood. If Muslims were poisoning olives, I'd be putting cocktail onions in my Martinis.

Hey I've got an idea, if you don't believe in the risk/reward ratio thing, and you think that we should treat all people, irrespective of their sect's/nation's/race's history, as if they were as peaceful as we're supposed to assume the whole of the group is, go stand in the middle of a dark alley in Harlem at 3 a.m., wearing a diamond ring and a $25,000 Presidential and scream "God-DAMMMNNNN it's good to be rich!!"

I mean, if you wouldn't do that, you must be a racist right? Surely you don't dislike black people.
PRiMACORD
+190|6625|Home of the Escalade Herds

Dersmikner wrote:

Let me be clear: I DON'T trust the male Muslim population between the ages of 18 and 40, and if you don't like it, screw you. You can call me cautious, paranoid, racist, or all of the above.
You forgot coward.
jonsimon
+224|6495

Dersmikner wrote:

Wow, man I wish I were 25 again and thought I could tell everyone else how to feel and think.
So the rant at the beginning of this thread was what then?
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6644
"Disproportionate" and "use of force" shouldn't be put in the same sentence when you're talking about war.

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2006-08-23 14:25:00)

DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6685|United States of America

HM1{N} wrote:

Let me see, since I am following your line of thinking, and you are a White Cowboy hat wearing Judeo Christian, then you obviously can't be trusted because your main goal is the oppresion of all people not of your faith, and the total annexation of their property and means of survival.
So now anybody supporting the avoidance of the destruction of the state of Israel now wants to oppress everyone? I'd better print some bumper stickers.
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.
+231|6709|Wilmington, DE, US
Jose Padilla isn't an Arab. Just a thought.
rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6560

Ikarti wrote:

Jose Padilla isn't an Arab. Just a thought.
He was just brainwashed by them.
HM1{N}
+86|6644|East Coast via Los Angeles, CA

DesertFox423 wrote:

HM1{N} wrote:

So now anybody supporting the avoidance of the destruction of the state of Israel now wants to oppress everyone? I'd better print some bumper stickers.
Uh, no...I think you should read his posts fully and with some thought on your part.  I'm talking about him, not everyone who supports Israel, although those supporters need some serious psychological help.

He is a total racist.  He takes great joy in forcing his will on others, and when they don't bend, destroying them...

He is also totally pro-Israel.  How can anyone support a state and government that practices genocide on daily basis, and manipulates the western media to put a pro-Israeli spin on it?

If you would like your grandmother's home bulldozed with her in it, your dad shot in the head for trying to buy groceries, and your brother's arm's held out away from his body while IDF soldiers break them with rocks, then I say move to Palestine.  The Israelis have no problem killing and maiming you and your family so they can take your land and build a settlement on it.

Put that on a bumper sticker.

Last edited by HM1{N} (2006-08-23 15:56:48)

GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6644

HM1{N} wrote:

If you would like your grandmother's home bulldozed with her in it, your dad shot in the head for trying to buy groceries, and your brother's arm's held out away from his body while IDF soldiers break them with rocks, then I say move to Palestine.  The Israelis have no problem killing and maiming you and your family so they can take your land and build a settlement on it.

or you could strap a vest full of explosives and find the nearest israeli  elementary school to send little tiny bits and peice of children to allah.

dont be naive dude.  fucking a, you make it seem like the palestanians are peaceful little ewoks living in their happy enchanted villages. get real.  the shit you described happens to those that support offensive activities against israel and its citizens.
rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6560

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

HM1{N} wrote:

or you could strap a vest full of explosives and find the nearest israeli  elementary school to send little tiny bits and peice of children to allah.

dont be naive dude.  fucking a, you make it seem like the palestanians are peaceful little ewoks living in their happy enchanted villages. get real.  the shit you described happens to those that support offensive activities against israel and its citizens.
Further more. No, wait he said it all.

BTW: Here comes the cycle. They started it. No! They started it. What a world.

Last edited by rawls2 (2006-08-23 16:15:49)

Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6561

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

"Disproportionate" and "use of force" shouldn't be put in the same sentence when you're talking about war.
What if the setence also has "dead" and "civilians"?  Or "fleeing" and "enemies"?  Or "after" and "attempts to surrender"?
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6644
"fleeing enemy" = future combatant

"attempts to surrender" =attempts to draw into an ambush

"dead civilians" = sad to say, collateral damage.

I dont know why I keep trying to explain the MOST BASIC elements of combat to those who refuse to understand.  You dont approach your enemy with kid gloves. you dont water down your offensive for the sake of civility. this is modern warfare, where your ability to inflict as much damage to your designated enemy is the only factor that matters. 

"fleeing enemy"  lol.....

"grab the white flag, there general is riding up to offer terms" c'mon get real and grow up.

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2006-08-23 19:14:14)

Tushers
Noctwisaskfirtush
+224|6685|Some where huntin in Wisconsin
all I can say is their are 2 ways to every piont unless ur narrow minded like half of America not trying to stereo type but if we look at the Republicans and their veiws vs. the Demecrates and thier "views" more like VIEW...like i said b4 don't get offended by this but most demacrates sorry not to good at spelling heh figures 16 and can't spell or type for shit (dont think i listen to my parents or always agree with what they say on their veiws) most of the demacrates are trained to use 1 eye so to say they see only 1 way not always but mostly its the way that looks to anti war and we only care about our selves...like i said most of the  time

Republicans see 1 way freedom for anyone that needs its, put ur self in my friends parents position his dad was born in Iraq he had to surve int he repulican guard did he want to no he fucking wanted out he want to immagrate to America the first battle he was in he turned him selfe in and when the short war was over his family came over to american and wabame i had a new friend that spoke shit for english...just think if we didnt come over and fight for those people back then just imagine what kinda hell they woulda went through to much to comprehend if we where a 3rd world  country being ruled by a dictator wouldn' want someone to come over and help liberate us?!?!?!?! i would i mean would u all like to live their have fucking people standing over u at school public libarys nope i wouldnt it wouldnt be fun at all have no tv no internet, it would solve the fat people problem because you wouldnt be sitting on our lazy asses all day we would be working for them fuck monkeys IDK post might not make sense for u but it does for me that all that counts

their are people on both sides on the palitical spectrum were they see both ways or have tried and ill give u the upmost respect if u have i rly will, but on both side the dems and the pubs the people who are narrow minded open up...i realy like to go off subject don't i, i cant help it

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard