maxQ
+2|6471|NZ
Dear Mr/Ms Game Developer,

Could we please, please , please have some blood - you know the 'pink mist' factor .  I've just been playing FEAR Combat and the HV Gun that fires stakes is a riot LOL.  I realise that 'gore' will no doubt raise the ESRB rating but my feeling is you will get more older players anyway.

Also while i'm begging - dual ammo for tanks, APDS for anti armor and HE for softies
The_Killer
Banned
+113|6536|dunno
i really dont care if there is blood or not in the game
2tuff
Positive Karma Here!
+357|6787

The_Killer wrote:

i really dont care if there is blood or not in the game
Once agian....thanks for your imput....
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6474|meh-land
I don't think Blood would add anything or take anything away from the game, the game is already rated Mature i believe, and even pink mist would not raise it higher than Teen if thats what it is ATM

Although there probably isn't blood because EA/Dice would screw up while trying to program it, and the pink mist would do something wierd
farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6541

They dont put blood and gore because EA wants a wider audience view. Have you noticed that theres never any blood in EA FPS's? Thats because they can sell more copies with no blood but at the expense of silly 12 year olds playing...

My 2 cents
topthrill05
+125|6589|Rochester NY USA
I like the dust factor.
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6474|meh-land
actually BF Vietnam had a minor blood spray when you got killed, it wasn't noticeable most of the time but i did see it a couple times
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6471|UK
Annoying 12 year olds are my favourite, "oh can ve please turn back zhere are like 5 ppl on ze island lets base rape please!!!!"
']['error
Banned
+630|6655|The Netherlands

topthrill05 wrote:

I like the dust factor.
me to dust FTW!
loonitic
...is a potty mouth
+286|6546|Valhalla

farmerfez wrote:

They dont put blood and gore because EA wants a wider audience view. Have you noticed that theres never any blood in EA FPS's? Thats because they can sell more copies with no blood but at the expense of silly 12 year olds playing...

My 2 cents
agreed
drake666
when Hell is full...
+184|6721|austria
useless in a wargame cool in a singleplayer horrorgame! (if BF is horror or not everybody decides for himself ^^)
https://team-ex.de/imagehosting/daten/1323768139_m98b.png
Usque Ad Finem
farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6541

also blood might lag the game a bit...
[KS]RECON
+35|6573|E 2/351 Camp Anaconda
Yeah and when the artillery strikes/planes/etc you see all kind of body parts flying all over, LOL but no thanks!
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6577|England

They have Blood in CSS...and you are gona tell me that that doesnt have a wide audience?
If anyones play ROTT (Rise of the Triad)....now THAT had gore...but on a funny scale lol.
SOF2 was probably the best if you wanted proper gore (you could slice peoples heads open, brains out, arms off, legs off, and the huge knife cut marks too...), although I havent tried Doom 3 to be fair.

It just makes it feel more like RL than some kiddies playing toy soldiers. Also, it has tactical advantages too - i.e. blood stains = some1 got killed there. Should I really walk round this corner or not?

Last edited by Snake (2006-08-21 10:16:08)

maxQ
+2|6471|NZ

topthrill05 wrote:

I like the dust factor.
Agreed...wasn't there a mod for the original COD for projectile strike dust ??  Reminded me of some images in Band of Brotheres.

I can't see how it would greatly affect lag as several other FPS online games have blood/gore.  Surely it could be disabled in the setup menu for the 12 yr olds ?  Politics,grrrrrrrrrrrr
JohnnyBlanco
+44|6582|England

Snake wrote:

They have Blood in CSS...and you are gona tell me that that doesnt have a wide audience?
If anyones play ROTT (Rise of the Triad)....now THAT had gore...but on a funny scale lol.
SOF2 was probably the best if you wanted proper gore (you could slice peoples heads open, brains out, arms off, legs off, and the huge knife cut marks too...), although I havent tried Doom 3 to be fair.

It just makes it feel more like RL than some kiddies playing toy soldiers. Also, it has tactical advantages too - i.e. blood stains = some1 got killed there. Should I really walk round this corner or not?
SOF2 was sooo much fun, that level of gore would be sweet in bf2. Imagine the carnage on maps like karkand, it would add so much to the game. EA would not loose much money anyway, most 12yo's get 18 games as it is.
APortillo
+21|6524|California, USA
It should be an option that you could switch on and off in the settings, I don't care either way but would be an interesting change of pace now and then.
ValentijnR
+18|6565
the 12 year olds know more curse words then I do...
blood shouldn't be a problem nowadays
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6721|Sweden
yes please add a lot of blood and why not make arms and legs even heads! possible to shot off. everyone knows that much blood = good game just look at Soldier of Fortune best game ever!
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6542
It all about the money. To keep the rating at T so little kities can play the game they didnt add blood. If there was blood rating would be M and all the little kitties wouldnt get the game therefore the money hungry people at EA wouldnt be happy.
maxQ
+2|6471|NZ
I was stuffing around on a Praccy server last night to determine how bad the spread is with the LMG's - read WAYYYY bad.  You can clearly see the dust puffs from projectiles on walls etc. so adding blood spray shouldn't add any lag IMO.  As previous posters have mentioned i guess it's all about 'rating' and more importanly to the bean counters at EA , $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

SO Plan B, are there mods that can be used in pub servers ? or does the game require everyone in the server to have identical mods ?
Trel
+70|6688
There are server crashing problems, J-10 vs. F-35B overkill, red-name bug(still), and numerous other problems in the game... and you're thinking about fucking blood effects?
Good to be back.
maxQ
+2|6471|NZ
Yes...as you mention they are not high on the list of glaring problems/omissions with BF2 but it would be nice to have a mod option.
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6570|Hungary
EA should relase a gore and blood patch ( I know its a joke )
So if someone want blood and gore etc....he can get it with that patch...teh game needs it..now its unreal.
Even CSS got blood in it...so we need it.
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6542
Project Reality has blood. I remember hiding in the grass from a squad once and then i said ah wat the hell il try to kill them so i stood up right beside like 3 of em and started spraying with me chinese machine gun and there was blood everywhere and it felt good. If i did that in regular BF2 it just be another 3 noobs that i owned big deal but blood makes everything so much nicer.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard