Aquastorm
Last of the Uchiha
+4|6729|Hong Kong, China
Things that remind me of Tiberian Sun:

1) The mechs - Titans much? For those who don't know how a C&C GDI Titan looks like:
http://www.cncguild.net/pages/ts/render … _field.jpg

2) EMP on wheels? Both are in 2142 and Tiberian Sun

3) The orca fighters and the current 2142 Gunships are both look quite similar. And they both luanch rockets.

4) The tanks, GDI has a hovering missile launcher and NOD has a tank - this game has a hovering tank and a normal tank.

5) The 2142 Titan looks somewhat similar to the GDI Kodiak - although without weapons.

6) Both of them are fighting for the last piece of land that humans can live in. C&C due to Tiberian and 2142 due to ice.

7) Although somewhat stretched, I'm going to put it here. The control points for 2142 in Titan Mode are missile silos which fire onto the Titan. The silos can be compared to the NOD Missile Silos in the game, although they are not used against air targets.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6706|Tampa Bay Florida
not really
Aquastorm
Last of the Uchiha
+4|6729|Hong Kong, China
which part.
-MP-Nuke1266
+20|6732
Makes sense.... Although It probably is just coincidential (OR maybe EA just decided to use some C&C looking tech so they didn't have to make anything up). My first though when seeing the trailers was "hrmm... those flying thingse sure do look a lot like orcas...."
SPC.Egley
+0|6477
I'd have to agree, even the assult pods are like the GDI drop pods in a way
Aquastorm
Last of the Uchiha
+4|6729|Hong Kong, China
The shottie for one of the sides screams of "Product of GDI"
doc. josh
+48|6561

Aquastorm wrote:

3) The orca fighters and the current 2142 Gunships are both look quite similar. And they both luanch rockets.
i noticed that 2 man

i think ea and dice took all of the futureistic game  and bits of real guns and stuff from other games and what not and thay made them into a first person shooter called bf:2142 they barley made any of the things upin 2142 on there own

Last edited by doc. josh (2006-08-20 15:00:41)

Aquastorm
Last of the Uchiha
+4|6729|Hong Kong, China
Perhaps 2142 and TS will be what Renegade was for Original C&C...
-MP-Nuke1266
+20|6732
Hrmm.. come to think of it, that shottie does look like a gdi shottie lol! HORRAY C&C RENEGADE!
Aquastorm
Last of the Uchiha
+4|6729|Hong Kong, China
Too bad C&C got sold to EA..or Westwood can sue EA's arse off.

(I have a feeling that some of these things in 2142 will appear in C&C: Tiberian Wars.)
Crazy-Madness
+8|6501
Well.. NOW WE know  EAs idea of 2142...

Why  create 1 day long   vehicles?!?! just take it  from another game ^^

And if EA really want to beat Quake Wars then they must tell Dice they should add  stuff like "REPAIR THE BRIDGE"  "CAPTURE THE BUNKER"   and so on

I think Dice can programm stuff  so they should  make maps  with  things like it

I hope you know what i mean...
Aquastorm
Last of the Uchiha
+4|6729|Hong Kong, China
I know! Commander builds base! When finished, he deploys it near a spawn point! (All infantry not smart enough to stand clear will either:
1) Be squished when air-dropped buildings land on them or
2) Be stranded on the roof.
-=256=-Evo_Wales
The New Evolution in gaming...
+14|6773|Cardiff, Wales
I would much rather see a proper Renegade 2 than some BF game being shoe-horned in to fit the style...

Damn a new Renegade would be awesome and would be so much better than BF2142 if done properly

Here's to dreaming eh
Aquastorm
Last of the Uchiha
+4|6729|Hong Kong, China
...wouldn't it be nice for a non-Titan mode where everyone falls in from the edge of the sky from a drop pod armed with quad chains guns foring explosive rounds that we can control towards "designated drop zones" - spawn points?

Or the pod could be equipped with the main weapon of the infantry class.

Oh wait, quad shotguns are not really going to do much while falling from the sky...and then anti-tank weapons would be overpowerd...
Bluenu
+1|6478

Aquastorm wrote:

7) Although somewhat stretched, I'm going to put it here. The control points for 2142 in Titan Mode are missile silos which fire onto the Titan. The silos can be compared to the NOD Missile Silos in the game, although they are not used against air targets.
8) its prolly gonna suck as much as tiberian sun

future is teh suck =/
Aquastorm
Last of the Uchiha
+4|6729|Hong Kong, China
TS was good, although there was some old icons and cursors from RA1. It did pave the road for RA2 and it looks much nicer than C&C....
-MP-Nuke1266
+20|6732
Agreed.... I would've also wanted to see a proper Renni 2.... but it got canceled mid-production. The setting, I believe, was going to be in the RA/RA2 world...you can still find some media if you look harc enough. Man! and I wanted to try out a [traditional] Orca fighter (or, even better, bomber!) in a newer engine......
Viper007Bond
Moderator Emeritus
+236|6822|Portland, OR, USA

Aquastorm wrote:

I sure hope not. Renegade sucked ass.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/044900892044e7fc95e599e832a086ae9bcd7efb.png
Aquastorm
Last of the Uchiha
+4|6729|Hong Kong, China
Hell, it was pretty good since it's a 1st time production and it was cool when I came out.
That mech looks like a PAC Battlewalker.

Even if it is a little copied, the games are on completely different levels, GENRES at that. I still can't wait until Battlefield 2142 is released.
Aquastorm
Last of the Uchiha
+4|6729|Hong Kong, China
I don't think 7 different points should mean that something is going on...
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6543|Singapore
nobody cares as they are both owned by EA
Aquastorm
Last of the Uchiha
+4|6729|Hong Kong, China
The problem is that most of the road laying and the things done to make the game happen was done when there was still Westwood and C&C was still a C&C.

And if nobody cares, why are you going here? This thread is to engage in the conversation of how BF 2142 and C&C Tiberian Sun has similar features, if nobody cares, you should not be here.
sheggalism
+16|6759|France

Aquastorm wrote:

1) The mechs - Titans much? For those who don't know how a C&C GDI Titan looks like:
http://www.cncguild.net/pages/ts/render … _field.jpg
2) EMP on wheels? Both are in 2142 and Tiberian Sun
4) The tanks, GDI has a hovering missile launcher and NOD has a tank - this game has a hovering tank and a normal tank.
5) The 2142 Titan looks somewhat similar to the GDI Kodiak - although without weapons.
6) Both of them are fighting for the last piece of land that humans can live in. C&C due to Tiberian and 2142 due to ice.
Yeah....to some extent...
Are they planning to add counterparts of some useful units as the Limpet Drone or the Jumpjet troopers from TS to BF2142 ??

Just hope that C&C3 will be damn good !
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6773|Scotland

Viper007Bond wrote:

Aquastorm wrote:

I sure hope not. Renegade sucked ass.
Tiberian Sun did as well

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard