God that title sounds cool.

How to Identify a Stat-Padder:

I'm sure 98.2% of you know what they are, so I won't bore you with that. But here are the main points:
These people often hide off in the corner of maps to avoid interference. Now, due to the attempt at padding prevention, the only way to harvest these points is by a trio of players, two on one team and one on the other. Player A is USMC, players B and C are both on the MEC. They hide off inside the pipelines near Intake on Kubra Damn because no one knows what the hell they're for, so no one goes near them. Player A kills player B. Player C revives player B. Repeat. Simple. They each get hundreds of points this way.

Now on a map, look out for these guys. You'll probably notice it without searching for them, when two or three people have ridiculously high scores, and you haven't seen any of them. Sure you may see some guy with an even higher score, but that's because you saw him tank whoring at construction. Explained, done. But not the others. Now look for people in the middle of nowhere who don't seem to be moving. Unstrategic places. Better yet, if you're commander use your portable laptop to use your personal satellite and home in on those suspects. Once you find them, write their names down and it's time for reportation. Reporting. Whatever.

How to Report a Stat-Padder:

Go to your favorite BF2 forums (or preferably the bf2ranked server forums) and report he/she. Sounds easy, no? Well.. there's a whole half (lol) article ahead, so no, obviously, it isn't easy at all. Tough. You can't just barge in and say someone's stat-padding. You could use their stats, with ridiculous worst enemies/victims, ridiculous round scores, etc. If they're smart enough to cover them up, get real in-game proof.

There are multiple sources of in-game proof you can use.

1) Scoreboards - obvious patterns with kill/teamwork points, as well as clan names or any relations
2) Kill Messages - repeating kills between same people
3) Players in Action - really good proof, the trio or more lying down padding

Here are some examples:

https://www.totalirrelevance.zeeblo.com/otherfiles/BF2/proof1.png
Baron Kitjarak's kills match up with nyjo0000's teamwork points. This isn't that good of an example, but this is a good warning sign to yourself that something fishy may be going on. Unfortunately there are no clan tags or name hints that relate the two. I've seen Kitjarak in action before, he's been an asshole since his early private days, but the other person I've never seen until today.

https://www.totalirrelevance.zeeblo.com/otherfiles/BF2/proof2.png
Try as I might, I am unable to kill the same person with a knife several times in a row. Although there are only two kill messages here, this is just an auxiliary piece of evidence. Also note that I killed both of them with artillery (yes, on purpose) so that means they were near each other. Apparantely the third guy was what he was most of his time doing on the server; Dead. All those defrib shocks can't be too good for your shredded, stabbed heart.

https://www.totalirrelevance.zeeblo.com/otherfiles/BF2/proof3.png
My thirteen years as a CIA Field Agent paid off, as I successfully sneaked up on them. With my CIA-Edition Leopold Telescope, I was able to spot them in action. Here you can see the three stat padders working, with another kill message dialog to aid the evidence. Make sure your pictures are clear. Remember, the USMC Handbook says no USMC soldier is allowed to have intercourse with an enemy MEC/PLA soldier so those fellas are probably stat padding. Then again, they break rules so if there's some oral sex going on there...well... you do what you want with your pictures.

But something even better than number three. A few thousand pictures! Or rather, a movie! Click here to watch! (330 kb) Using a special USMC-Edition of Google Earth, I was able to catch live footage of them. Pay attention to the kill dialog once again. But the main highlight is of course my righteous action against stat padding, with the Supply Crate of Justice! Can you say pwnt? You probably can't, it's awfully hard to pronounce a four letter word without vowels, but hey who's listening? I apologize for the quality of the video btw, even my personal satellite has its limitations. And DivX 6.0 has some weird restrictions. For some reason Windows Media Player plays it upside down, I have no idea why. Use something else, it works fine then.

Personal Note:
I hunted these guys for three rounds on this server, finally they left and thanks to bf2s I followed them through four more servers before they stopped playing. I was constantly tagging along, sniping the guys to ruin the pattern, placing artillery, etc, everything to ruin their stat-padding. Ironically enough I got relatively good scores doing those rounds.
Last of all, it's late, I'm tired, would anyone mind formally reporting these two guys, Kitjarak and Nyjo0000?