Cooler Member
+31|6528
it is probably like the l85a1, where it has a scope but it doesn't zoom much
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6706|Devon, England

EntertaineR_06 wrote:

Firestarter wrote:

negative bout that 1 shot kill....all shots penetrate armor equally, meaning two shots body 1 shot head, the heavy armor means there's more armor on him but it's still spread out....
No... It take's unarmoured down to 2 bars of health and armoured to 5 or 4 or something and a HS is a kill on anyone
no, the M95 takes all infantry enemies down to 2 bars of health, heavy and light armor.

hedshot is a one shot kill.
starman7
+15|6740
From what I am seeing, I think it's a heavy anti-tank rifle similar to WW1.  From the description, I think it will do lower damage to infantry than BF2's M-95, but be the single most-damaging shot to armor.  It even says something about it being particularly useful against the rear armor of tanks, which leads me to believe it may be able to get a 1-shot flame kill on a tank (as in, the health is red and it's burning to death, but it's not an insta-kill).  So in method of firing, think M-95, in terms of damage, an RPG on steroids (as in better than the guided rockets),  in terms of reloading, probably similar to the guided rockets.

That would also make sense in terms of RL, because it seems to be a KEP round which penetrates a small area of armor on the tank and puts all sorts of spall into the cabin, destroying the interior, but which would simply punch a small hole in an infantry guy and keep going (if a bullet goes straight through, it's better than if it stays lodged in the wound or breaks up inside there or somethng.  That's why they had such a tough time in Mogadishu (think Black Hawk Down)).
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6541|Singapore

starman7 wrote:

From what I am seeing, I think it's a heavy anti-tank rifle similar to WW1.  From the description, I think it will do lower damage to infantry than BF2's M-95, but be the single most-damaging shot to armor.  It even says something about it being particularly useful against the rear armor of tanks, which leads me to believe it may be able to get a 1-shot flame kill on a tank (as in, the health is red and it's burning to death, but it's not an insta-kill).  So in method of firing, think M-95, in terms of damage, an RPG on steroids (as in better than the guided rockets),  in terms of reloading, probably similar to the guided rockets.

That would also make sense in terms of RL, because it seems to be a KEP round which penetrates a small area of armor on the tank and puts all sorts of spall into the cabin, destroying the interior, but which would simply punch a small hole in an infantry guy and keep going (if a bullet goes straight through, it's better than if it stays lodged in the wound or breaks up inside there or somethng.  That's why they had such a tough time in Mogadishu (think Black Hawk Down)).
if BF2142 was THAT realistic, a single bullet to the engine or rotor shaft is enough  to fuck up the chopper
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6721|Antarctica

Viper007Bond wrote:

Assult shotgun attachment kinda sucks. Dunno about the actuall fullblown shotty tho.
Nah its a good side arm.  About the engineer gun, I don't have it but have been shot at with it.  It does quite a bit of damage to tanks, I may end up unlocking it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard