TerrorisT²
Melbourne Shuffler
+214|6622|Gold Coast, Australia
Weamo8, If you mean by some kits having equipment that other kits dont, then its a yes.
weamo8
+50|6439|USA
Sorry, I was a little vague.  I was talking specifically about grappling hooks and zip lines.  If you have a squad in which one person has a grappling hook and another has a zip, you can get you squad to crazy places.  I think it adds a whole new dimension of strategy to the game.  Have you heard anything about devices in 2142 that are similar to the grappling hook or zip?
-EcS-Blade
Mr.Speakman
+153|6636|Manchester UK
any word on when the full unlock list is being released ?
Simon Moon
+13|6666|Canada
-EcS-Blade
Mr.Speakman
+153|6636|Manchester UK

Simon Moon wrote:

Try this: http://bf2142.com/content/Unlocks
thanks pal
Guardian_Ekim
I'm a god damn American Jedi
+51|6546|775

6 Days to Pre-load, I can't wait!!! Anyone else buy from EA?

-Mike
rgraze
+6|6668
Why is getting basic equipment have to be an unlock? Shouldnt soldiers of the future have this stuff already?
zeidmaan
+234|6411|Vienna

lol dont start that "should future have this or that..." Never ends well
Bjenkins_X_123
+11|6491|London, UK

weamo8 wrote:

Sorry, I was a little vague.  I was talking specifically about grappling hooks and zip lines.  If you have a squad in which one person has a grappling hook and another has a zip, you can get you squad to crazy places.  I think it adds a whole new dimension of strategy to the game.  Have you heard anything about devices in 2142 that are similar to the grappling hook or zip?
There doesnt seem 2 be any tactical movement equipment like that. The demo was a pretty open map, and even then it wudnt have been able 2 be used, coz u cudnt use any unlocks!
rgraze
+6|6668
I'm not trying to say the future should have this or that, I know where that goes, I'm just saying we should have the mere basic equipment w/o an unlock. Which I suppose could mean a gun and an itchy trigger finger.
zeidmaan
+234|6411|Vienna

I agree with you man. Altho the first unlock is at 40 points
Thats one round and you get the naaaaaades.
MrPredictable
+14|6683
if you go into your bf hq in the 2142 demo you will see all of the unlocks, what they do, the progression you need to get them (i think) as well as all of the awards and their requirements.
BandoIruka
+1|6490
At least the important unlocks for the kits that we all grew with in BF2 are at the start of each unlock tree (such as Defibs, Explosives, Claymores. Unfortunately the assault got shafted that they have to get 6 ranks and work up both unlock trees to get their smokes and grenade launcher equivalent back).

For them to make grenades as an unlock is an interesting move. Sort of forces the player to decide between the allure of new kit goodies and the allure of having bundles of fun to throw at the enemy. Likewise for the sprint upgrades. More guns and gadgets? Or to have the sprint to be able to make it off the exploding titan?

The last two unlocks are interesting as well (more sidearm/clip ammo & 1 extra grenade). They might seem rather medioche,  but after playing as engineer for a while, that extra SMG clip is a godsend. Plus Im sure snipers won't mind the few extra bullets in their pistol clip. As for that extra grenade, Support players should enjoy the extra EMP grenade, as well as the minority smoke grenade users. 3 frags is better than 2 frags.

The field unlocks is somewhat helpful in relieving the burden of deciding between unlocks and allow you to get away with focusing down a kit tree and not be left out in the cold when, lets say, you've made yourself a nice beefy assault and you've made it into the titan core, only to discover that neither you nor your squadmates bothered to unlock any RDX explosives. As I said earlier, important gameplay changing unlocks are at the start of the tree. Field unlocks is basically an extra temporary unlock that you get for doing what your commander and sqaud leader tells you to do. You were told to defend a silo and kill someone close to the silo, you get an extra point and a small green bar fills up at the top left on your screen. When it fills up enough, you get an unlock.

Which unlock to choose? Decisions, decisions, decisions...
LIBO
+0|6388
were do u type the rank up codes for the rank up card
Ekfud
Infantry Whore
+42|6672|Kingswood Country

BandoIruka wrote:

At least the important unlocks for the kits that we all grew with in BF2 are at the start of each unlock tree (such as Defibs, Explosives, Claymores. Unfortunately the assault got shafted that they have to get 6 ranks and work up both unlock trees to get their smokes and grenade launcher equivalent back).

For them to make grenades as an unlock is an interesting move. Sort of forces the player to decide between the allure of new kit goodies and the allure of having bundles of fun to throw at the enemy. Likewise for the sprint upgrades. More guns and gadgets? Or to have the sprint to be able to make it off the exploding titan?

The last two unlocks are interesting as well (more sidearm/clip ammo & 1 extra grenade). They might seem rather medioche,  but after playing as engineer for a while, that extra SMG clip is a godsend. Plus Im sure snipers won't mind the few extra bullets in their pistol clip. As for that extra grenade, Support players should enjoy the extra EMP grenade, as well as the minority smoke grenade users. 3 frags is better than 2 frags.

The field unlocks is somewhat helpful in relieving the burden of deciding between unlocks and allow you to get away with focusing down a kit tree and not be left out in the cold when, lets say, you've made yourself a nice beefy assault and you've made it into the titan core, only to discover that neither you nor your squadmates bothered to unlock any RDX explosives. As I said earlier, important gameplay changing unlocks are at the start of the tree. Field unlocks is basically an extra temporary unlock that you get for doing what your commander and sqaud leader tells you to do. You were told to defend a silo and kill someone close to the silo, you get an extra point and a small green bar fills up at the top left on your screen. When it fills up enough, you get an unlock.

Which unlock to choose? Decisions, decisions, decisions...
Wouldn't mind some feedback - but I have ended up trying to not unlock the top of a few trees to save some unlock points. Working with a squad for half an hour seems to be more than enough to get a couple of field upgrades - so I have put unlocks onto the middle part of several trees and leave picking up the class specific uber weapons for the field upgrades. Overall, it gives access to more stuff over the game, as unlocking the top permanently doesn't get you any further. Granted - by officer ranks I expect to have a couple of these permanent, but is this a reasonable approach to driving your unlocks further?
BandoIruka
+1|6490
It really depends on how frequent you find yourself using a particular unlock. But I have to agree with you for most parts. Items that I don't unlock permanently are the "situational" ones, such as RDX or squadleader beacon. I pretty much live with just unlocking them with field unlocks only. I am a hardcore engineer player and unlocked everything except the anti air launcher simply because I barely find myself in a situation where AA is a threat that I cannot counter by other means. On the other hand, you might find yourself in a position where what weapon you got could decide between sucess and failure or life and death. (That's why I love my antitank rifle. No missile warning for them = no active defense going off = sucessful rear armour shot )

I'll admit that most of the weapons unlocks really only mildly boost your class combat effectiveness, and you can get away with just using the stock kit weapons and still kick ass. But there are exceptions, such as the recon carbine being the obvious one, support shotgun and engineer AntiAir. Its all with how you use your guns.

You may wish to unlock both sprint unlocks since they don't seem field upgrade unlockable.

Last edited by BandoIruka (2006-10-30 19:57:49)

TerrorisT²
Melbourne Shuffler
********************RECONSTRUCTED AND COMPLETED********************

Completed: 7.20pm, 10th November 2006
the_outsider38
Microsoft Poster Child
+83|6691|Vancouver BC Canada
I think what would be appreciated would be a fair, unbiased review of the unlocks, not a copy/paste from the 2142 web site.

Last edited by the_outsider38 (2006-11-10 01:29:46)

TerrorisT²
Melbourne Shuffler
That makes no sense, Your an idiot.

Its meant so people can quickly and easily access a list of unlocks. And its also good for a 2142 wiki for BF2S.
psH
Banned
+217|6380|Sydney
Gotta admit, the Pilum H-AVR does own all vehicles, but the wierd thing is, it does more damage against the front of tanks than the front of APC's. Can't wait to unlock the engineer Motion mines!
psH
Banned
+217|6380|Sydney

weamo8 wrote:

He has really good point there actually, BF2142 has no soldier movement unlocks, exept for the increased stamina and running speed, but did DICE even consider stuff like this?
TerrorisT²
Melbourne Shuffler

Doms wrote:

weamo8 wrote:

He has really good point there actually, BF2142 has no soldier movement unlocks, exept for the increased stamina and running speed, but did DICE even consider stuff like this?
I think stuff like this will come out in a 2142 expansion pack, like special forces.
psH
Banned
+217|6380|Sydney

TerrorisT² wrote:

Doms wrote:

weamo8 wrote:

I think stuff like this will come out in a 2142 expansion pack, like special forces.
Why would they need an expansion pack? i mean cmo'n they already have active camo and motion mines, i think the only thing they can do now is make new maps and weapons, and making new unlocks wil be really hard. Besides, i think EA and DICE are already working on Battlefield: Bad Company.
SAF.Skellen
+4|6350
This guide has been added to BF2142 Secrets Website (http://bf2142.saf-squad.co.uk) with permission of the Author.

+1

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard