redfoxster
Chopper Whore Extraordinaire
+3|6765
so, what I do, is on a map like FuShe pass, ill be commander, assuming we have a very dominant team so Im not super critical to winning, and then spawn as spec ops an place 1 c4 on our uav, satlite, and an arty, and 2 c4s on the other arty, then blow em, and suicide, then respawn as engineer, and get myself 2.5 repair points, lather, rinse repeat

It's not honest by any means, but they are so freakin slow to get and I want my meritous medal...

so there, tell me im an ass, go ahead.....
dshak
+4|6805
red foxster... my nemisis... we meet again.

just kidding. I hate that repair points are such a pain in the ass to get, and I won't lie, that very tactic you described has crossed my mind once or twice, but why on earth would you post that and tell the world!

you're an interesting character, thats for sure.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6766|Noizyland

Nah, I'm not going to flame you. Repair points are a bitch. You can repair all you like, but that's no indication that you'll get any credit for it. Not something I would do, but not for any ethical reasons. Keep doing what you want bro.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
=DBD=TITAN126
+5|6775
I don't get how this works...if you're commander, you can't get repair points. And won't you lose more points by suiciding and c4 your own arty than by getting the repair point afterwards?
redfoxster
+3|6765
no, thats the point of being commander, you still get the repair points credited, just not as part of your score in the round.  Also, being comamnder allows you to stand around blowing up  and repairing your own arty/uav/scan while maintianing about a 0 score for the round, also, you dont get a suicide count for blowing yourself up with c4 usually, so the only neg points you get are for the team damge itself and the suicide while ending your engineer time, I usually finish with around an 18 or so, 0 total final score, -18 team score, 0 combat, but if you win, you get double your commadner points, hence the +18 for the end round score
[RL]Tarasque
+0|6758|Trondheim, Norway
hope im not on your team when your going for the expert badge
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6774|The Hague, Holland
[flame] Blablabla bad-ass blablabla n00b blablabla raggety ass player blabladiebla [/flame]

I would do the same but the suicides doesnt sound so good =/
ToiletTrooper
+25|6767|WC
noob.. just play as engineer... in karkand, u can repair much there
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6805
That. is. so. lame.
jax
+12|6759
i say keep on wat ur doing redfoxster. if thats wat floats ur boat. i have to say that bf2 gives out repair points like i give out money to others. (very seldom casue im stingy with money, well you get the point.) i only have 9 repair points (5 in a round) and thats all i really care about getting.(excuse the english just cant be bothered writing properly)
VirtuaLResistancE
ArmChair Warrior
+4|6747|NH - USA
Its so much easier and more enjoyable to get yourself in the thick of action in a tank or something and repair the vehicles fighting the front lines. It is actually quite easy and quick. You just need a good driver and some action, and your award will come. You dont even have to get out of the vehicle! 

Your present course of action gives commanders a bad name. I vote MUTINY! 

buzz4god
+0|6741
ea should make repair points easier, i did the same thing to get the basic badge. I tryed for 2 days and only got 4 or less. I repaired about 20 things per map too, but i never got credit for 3/4 of it. full repairs too.

Last edited by buzz4god (2005-11-06 23:14:13)

redfoxster
+3|6765
what pisses me off, is that on any other post, I would have been flamed immediately, but as soonas I say falme me, it takes like 7 replies, sad, just sad
dsb
+0|6769
my only problem would be if you are losing tickets for your team every team you sucide.
MatRx9
Carpe Noctem
+1|6785

redfoxster wrote:

so, what I do, is on a map like FuShe pass, ill be commander, assuming we have a very dominant team so Im not super critical to winning, and then spawn as spec ops an place 1 c4 on our uav, satlite, and an arty, and 2 c4s on the other arty, then blow em, and suicide, then respawn as engineer, and get myself 2.5 repair points, lather, rinse repeat

It's not honest by any means, but they are so freakin slow to get and I want my meritous medal...

so there, tell me im an ass, go ahead.....
That's funny, I was just playing last night when I noticed the "Artillery is condition red" warning come up so I made my way down there.  Wouldn't you know it was a friendly blowing up our stuff.  I couldn't fathom why, so I shot him.  In the head.  No flames here.  Just a bullet when I catch ya LOL.
groll72
+0|6738
I do spend some time as engineer and I try to go fix our assets when destroyed, at least if we have a commander.

In this case I would likely spend some time trying to find the bastard going at our UAV not knowing that it is my own commander. I would propably bring a squad member or two, if possible, to help clean out our main. At the time I arrive in our base you'd propably allready be repairing the stuff so I'd just spend some time scouting the area for enemies and drive off. A minute later you'll be blowing the stuff up again and I'm on my route back again...

Please stop.
pfcilng
+0|6759|Northern Illinois University
Eh, you asked for it, you are an ass.
LT_W.J.Kamikaza
Eat C4 SUCKAH!
+0|6778|Netherlands
it's nooby, but go on if you like!
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6739|The United Center
i've done that before...but on accident.  when i was first starting out, i didnt know whose commander assets were whose, so i just blew up everything i saw.

although on Wake Island a couple of times, for some reason it gives me team vehicle damage when i blow up the chinese stuff.

...and yes, when im on the USMC side.
Aruba-Prime
[Expert Smoke Grenade]
+44|6766|Hamburg, Germany
just get a humvee drive it a bit into the water press F3 and repair all round long...
Better than messing with the assets...
muiad
+0|6762
So you paid $45-55 USD to collect virtual ribbons, medals and awards.  Did you notice, in the background, that there are battles being fought by people from around the world?
-(PK)-DarkIllusion
+1|6832
i do that .. its easier.. but sort of stat padding(wut prime said)

Last edited by -(PK)-DarkIllusion (2005-11-07 07:41:46)

[OinK]Tank
+0|6739
I got my basic and verteran engineering badges on Dragon Valley.  Play on the US side and spawn on the carrier in the boat bay.  Wait for the enemy to blow up your arty, uav and sat.  Then take a boat over and repair.  If your enemies are doing there jobs and blowing that shit up you can just repeat the process over and over and over and over.  It will be even easier if the chinese get the docks control point then they can spawn there and blow the shit up quicker so you can repair it quicker.  You can get a few points repairing the AA gun on the deck of the carrier while you are waiting for them to blow the arty.  The chinese team will usually bomb the crap out of the carrier to keep the US planes out of the air so the AA gun will need some fixen'.

Of course this will only work if the chinese are smart enought to blow up your assests.  I have played a few rounds just sitting in the boat bay for 30 minutes waiting for someone to blow up the arty and it never happens.

Last edited by [OinK]Tank (2005-11-07 08:19:50)

Bubkin
Pay It Forward
+8|6773

muiad wrote:

So you paid $45-55 USD to collect virtual ribbons, medals and awards.  Did you notice, in the background, that there are battles being fought by people from around the world?
<raises hand>
I paid $45 to earn ribbons, medals and awards... oh, and ranks too.
M90Medic
Wiki Contributor
+2|6746|Medicland, sthlm

You are all terrible people.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard