kingjes
+4|6770|Atwater, Ca
I hate it! I hate the fact that I am the WORSE at the one on one fire fight! I dont get it! I dont know what the hell Im doing wrong!

I try to move but once I start moving I cant aim worth sh!t. I play the assult kit and the sniper kit most of all. As a sniper Im not bad, I can aim, but I just cant aim while moving! I get into a one on one fight and it never seems to fail, the other guy will drop, roll over and shot me in the face! haha It seems like Im hitting them but out of happit I always aim for center mass. It seems to me like Im hitting the other guy like 3-4 times then they hit me once and DEAD!

Is there any help you folks can give a fella? I have been trying single player mode with the bots on easy and aiming for the heads but its just not like the real thing. Is that the trick? Aim for the head in a fire fight?

Any help would be very welcome. Maybe a nice CLAN member wouldnt mind a little free training session for me on there server? I know Im not hopless Im just stuck..

thanx
-jes
SGT.Slayero
+98|6473|Life in a vacuum sucks
u will get better dont give up i sucked to once realy bad horably now look at my stats. PID:71360922
Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6657|Norway
Play WOW.
smtt686
this is the best we can do?
+95|6639|USA
evidently you have not played me...i have the same problem
kingjes
+4|6770|Atwater, Ca
loonitic
...is a potty mouth
+286|6542|Valhalla
Drop into prone when your going 1 on 1 as it improves your accuracy
SGT.Slayero

loonitic wrote:

Drop into prone when your going 1 on 1 as it improves your accuracy
and reduces ur damage
kingjes
+4|6770|Atwater, Ca
I think people like smtt686 and I need some training.. I had one fella when I first started BF2 about a year ago show me the ropes as a team player. IT WAS RAD! We used team speak and his clans server and with some of his friends taught me a few things. He was very helpful. I wish for teh life of me I could remember his name. He played BF2 like ALL DAY LONG!

I will keep playing, I just drop off now and then due to burn out and dont play for a while. Then I get hooked all over and play everynight! Im in a play everynight mode right now.

AUGGGHHHH!! i want to larn the art of the one on one fire fight but dang it hard when you get SPANKED by no rank joe every time! haha
Kaosdad
Whisky Tango Foxtrot?
+201|6687|Broadlands, VA
Jes - I so feel your pain (see my sig!).  As far as single player - put it on expert & play.  It doesn't mimic real humans, but it's close.

Use your iron sights (zoom) and squad up!

However, you deserve mad props for hanging in there.  I can't say I'll still be playing if I don;t get at least to a .50 K/D ratio soon.
kingjes
+4|6770|Atwater, Ca
See, thats when Im talking about..Im trying to move and make a harder target but cant aim! haha they drop and shhot me in the face and Im dead! haha PRONE, PRONE, PRONE...
SGT.Slayero
killing dudes EZ. killing tanks not so ez
kingjes
+4|6770|Atwater, Ca
Well I got a K/D Ratio 0.6407 & Accuracy 19.45% which isnt bad I guess but I think thats cause when I play sniper I help my stats a little better. But the fact is I really dont care about stats, I just want to be better ya know.. IM DIEING FOR THE NEXT RANK for some reason! I guess thats a stat huh?
SGT.Slayero
Just Kill Them Kill Them All Muuhahahahahaha!!! Kill Kill Kill!!!
SGT.Slayero
Lol
kingjes
+4|6770|Atwater, Ca
haha Im trying, trust me! I noticed a lot of nade tossing so I guess mastering the nade would be helpful. Im all about ground and pound I need to better utilize my other options in the assult kit.. i just HATE that nade launcher (M203) aka noobe tube... no one ever seems to fight one on one with the rifles?! they noobe tube me alot too?!
DeadboyUSMC
+65|6707|NCFSU2

Fredrik wrote:

Play WOW.
Another jackass brought to you by the anonymity of the Internet!
Jainus
+30|6584|Herts, UK
Depends on how close you are to your target. At close range, i drop prone and aim for the head: even if some of your bullets miss, your still gonna get the x3 for the headshot plus a few rounds in the torso.

At medium range, put in a few quick bursts (never more than 5 rounds or so as the chance of you hitting is so slim that your just wasting ammo) and then throw out a nade. If its a good throw, your enemy is then caught between moving away from the nade and being an easy target for you. Either option you should win or cause enough damage that in the Firefight Take 2, you come off best.

Long range is the easiest; single shot, prone and look at who your fighting. If your an engineer and your fighting a sniper, bug out and save your ass!! Take the extra time to aim your shots and aim for the head again.

One last thing, call in the enemy!! There's nothing worse than dying and knowing that the enemy is now behind your lines and able to shoot your team mates in the back...
kingjes
+4|6770|Atwater, Ca
I got into the habit of always calling targets playing sniper. I somtimes call a target before fireing which could also be a reason why I always lose the one on one's. PRONE, AIM FOR HEAD.. anything else?
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6768
Weapons, weapons, weapons. I thought you used Spec Ops at first (slowest killing guns), but you have most hours with assault. If you're using the M16, don't. Its a very slow killer due to the burst mode. Use the Ak47, AK101, G3 or F2000. Also, use your next unlock on the PKM support  weapon. Your stats show you never play support, I'm not surprised with the rubbish default weapons. But the PKM is possibly the best weapon in the game, very accurate, very powerful and 100 shots a clip.

In the meantime, practice using the RPK (MEC support weapon).

Last edited by Talon (2006-08-18 09:51:08)

Ben>You
+90|6534
Depends on your situation, close range i like to lay it into their torso if we're both standing and jumping all around trying to locate and kill each other (Auto or burst). Close encounters (about 10-20m away) I aim for the head on Burst or Auto. Shoot only in small spurts and aim for the body if you have bad accuracy.

Also, a misconception that some people have is to use the ironsights whenever your in combat. From 5-20m, don't. Go prone if you feel the need and put their body or head or whatever you feel comfortable with in the center of the crosshair, and fire away.

Medium range, start chucking grenades. Make sure your first grenade is purposely thrown to the side of the target, so he can escape it by running the opposite direction. Proceed to throw the second to where the target will be running. After these 2 are thrown he will be damaged. If he's good, about halfway. If he's running around thinking the sky is falling with grenades, you should get him on the second throw. If it's the former, however put it into single shot and aim for him whilst prone.

Long range, you might want to use the scope/ironsights, and get some cover. Grenades can't reach you, so any old 4 foot wall will do. Get behind it, pop your head up and take a shot (single shot), then put your head down. Repeat this fast and randomly, don't make the time intervals in which you pop up seem predictable, and if you can, move around a little behind your cover. If you dont have cover however, Single Shot, and aim for the head. Spot him out so you can tell if he's a sniper or not. If he is, you might have picked to fight a losing battle. Nonetheless, try to aim for the head on single and see if you can take the bastard out.
On a side note about accuracy.. Pistols are extremely accurate and are your best friend when your main clip runs out.
jsnipy
+3,276|6530|...

To remain calm in a firefight do what i do .. (see pulp fiction if you haven't) and repeat the line in ur head "bitch be cool!"

Last edited by jsnipy (2006-08-18 10:13:13)

kingjes
+4|6770|Atwater, Ca
I didnt think about single shot, I am the Chicken with its head cut off most of the time. So Ill be PRONE, AIM FOR HEAD, SINGLE SHOT, BE READY WITH PISTOL and BITCH BE COOL haha
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6530

Talon wrote:

Weapons, weapons, weapons. I thought you used Spec Ops at first (slowest killing guns), but you have most hours with assault. If you're using the M16, don't. Its a very slow killer due to the burst mode. Use the G3 or F2000. Also, use your next unlock on the PKM support  weapon. Your stats show you never play support, I'm not surprised with the rubbish default weapons. But the PKM is possibly the best weapon in the game, very accurate, very powerful and 100 shots a clip.
slowest killing guns?
m16=slow killer?
pkm best gun?????
FAIL

Last edited by ig88 (2006-08-18 10:16:57)

Ether151
Banned
+22|6668

Talon wrote:

Weapons, weapons, weapons. I thought you used Spec Ops at first (slowest killing guns), but you have most hours with assault. If you're using the M16, don't. Its a very slow killer due to the burst mode. Use the Ak47, AK101, G3 or F2000. Also, use your next unlock on the PKM support  weapon. Your stats show you never play support, I'm not surprised with the rubbish default weapons. But the PKM is possibly the best weapon in the game, very accurate, very powerful and 100 shots a clip.

In the meantime, practice using the RPK (MEC support weapon).
The m16 is bad ass man the burst mode owns all, g3, f2000 what ever it has the fastest rate of fire and it is more acurate.  The only time I use the gl is if I am out of ammo or there is a car or tank.  Aim for the head and tap of a couple burst and down they go.
Ether151
Banned
+22|6668

ig88 wrote:

Talon wrote:

Weapons, weapons, weapons. I thought you used Spec Ops at first (slowest killing guns), but you have most hours with assault. If you're using the M16, don't. Its a very slow killer due to the burst mode. Use the G3 or F2000. Also, use your next unlock on the PKM support  weapon. Your stats show you never play support, I'm not surprised with the rubbish default weapons. But the PKM is possibly the best weapon in the game, very accurate, very powerful and 100 shots a clip.
slowest killing guns?
m16=slow killer?
pkm best gun?????
FAIL
Exactly what you said man, the m16 is god.  and this guy fails hard.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard