masterHouse
Official Heckler & Koch ambassador
+8|6708|Veenendaal, The Netherlands
What about a new skin for the carrier, something like the USS Enterprise or USS John C. Stennis. Including the steamcatapults. That somebody is needed to get the planes in the air and that het get's teampoints for a succesfull launch. And instead of the F-35B the F-18 of top off the carrier. Do you like the idea?

Last edited by masterHouse (2006-08-18 08:33:41)

JohnClark
+5|6577|Groningen-The Top of Holland
Sounds nice, but no!

ps Maybe half of the idea...
[KS]RECON
+35|6553|E 2/351 Camp Anaconda
Hmm interesting ... what about a pirate ship ... LOL or submarine for silent insertion navy seal operators

Last edited by [KS]RECON (2006-08-18 08:26:09)

the_hitman_kills
Agent 47 wannabe
+32|6456|Inside my APC
We're looking for nuclear wessles  (in my best Russian accent)

Last edited by the_hitman_kills (2006-08-18 08:24:51)

Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6747|United States of America
Why not just use the USS Ronald Reagan,  No one could get near it...
DeadboyUSMC
+65|6690|NCFSU2
The Marine Corps doesn't use aircraft carriers. LHD's and LHA's are used for their amphibious landing craft/ capabilities.
Disgruntled_vet
+2|6506|America
1. Enterprise not price and the steam cat idea is pretty good....

2. Deadboy....Marine Fighter Attack Squadrons deploy on yup you guessed it aircraft carriers........are you a Marine or what??

Last edited by Disgruntled_vet (2006-08-18 08:30:59)

masterHouse
Official Heckler & Koch ambassador
+8|6708|Veenendaal, The Netherlands
"+1 teampoint for a succesfull launch with the steamcatapult"
Disgruntled_vet
+2|6506|America
Imagine catching the wire?? that would be a trip.....
[KS]RECON
+35|6553|E 2/351 Camp Anaconda

Disgruntled_vet wrote:

Imagine catching the wire?? that would be a trip.....
LOL
el capitan
+11|6522
this is kinda a repost. this whole idea was presented in this post
arson
+99|6628|New York
Put F18s on it that can take off, park one  off of wake and dalian , then you can paint it pink for all I care.
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6689

Disgruntled_vet wrote:

1. Enterprise not price and the steam cat idea is pretty good....

2. Deadboy....Marine Fighter Attack Squadrons deploy on yup you guessed it aircraft carriers........are you a Marine or what??
I realize that cat. is an abbreviation of catapult but steam powered cat sounds funny.
LT.Victim
+1,175|6554|British Columbia, Canada
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Essex_%28LHD-2%29

The USS Essex is not a Carrier, it is Classified as a Wasp-class amphibious assault ship. As the Ship is alot smaller then a Carrier, this ship can not support a Catapult. F-35Bs can take off of Wasp-Class Ships because they can do Vertical Take-offs. The reason why there are no F-18s on the deck is most likely because F-18s need a catapult to take off. They may be able to take-off in-game but not in real life.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6557|England

[KS]RECON wrote:

Hmm interesting ... what about a pirate ship ... LOL or submarine for silent insertion navy seal operators
Play Devils Perch on SF if you want that Its the only map where RIBS pose a threat - since the MEC swarm round the sub spawn raping the seals to shit!
Or Leviathan, where you get to defend them in their hangers instead.
ValentijnR
+18|6545
that catapult thing gives a whole new perspective on vehicle drops...

commander i need a tank
*pfsssss* *weeeeeeeeeeeee* *boom*

You where punished for a teamkill
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6521|Boston, MA
Sounds cool. I think it would be cooler if they put battleships in the game again though. Or even subs, think how much easier it would be as USMC on Wake.

I know this has been suggested time and time again but here's an extended idea of a map suggestion:

US SEALs vs Russian SPETNAZ
I'm not going to think of a storyline but I'm mainly just choosing these two so the battle could be between Alaska and Russia.

There's an air carrier for both sides, two battleships on both sides, and a sub on both sides. All are destructable through battleship-vs-battleship fights. Also, you can go inside each ship like in Iron Gator. Another way to destroy them is a few C4s in strategically placed locations. That would be the fastest way to sink a ship but by no means the easiest. If all are destroyed then you can spawn on a strip of land for each side (ie a Russian peninsula for SPETZNAZ and part of Alaska for US.) There should also be a few islands scattered around.

Now for the normal vehicles. There will be the normal anti air on the air craft carriers but none on the battleships. There will be machine guns along the sides that have a very wide turning radius. Allowing you to still shoot at enemies around you and at helicopters/planes with ease. Each side will get 4 jets and 2 attack helis on the aircraft carriers. They will also get 2 transport choppers on the land bases. There will be a mobile anti air at both land bases. There will also be 2 APCs under the air craft carriers and 2 on land. Every spawn will have RIBs and jetskis.

I know this will never happen but it would be a great map. It will keep aviators happy, heli pilots happy, and adds a twist to the game for infantry. I can always dream.
ToXiC888
Cal players > BF2s
+40|6576|Columbus,Ohio-THE Ohio State U
You can easily put an F-18 on the carrier without having to code/reskin anything.  Just put one at the end of the runway for some takeoff room, and have another one spawn after the first one goes up.  Easiest way to balance out wake IMO.

Last edited by ToXiC888 (2006-08-21 15:29:55)

SGT_Squirtle
+13|6707
No, what would be cool is instead of all those rather fragile zodiaks in the stern of the Essex put a couple of LVTP-7s (or whatever they call them now)... Marines might have a chance to make the beach then, even if they're all morons
TXVeteran512
+16|6483
I'm still awaiting for EA to add the coffee cup holders to the Vehicles
Marinejuana
local
+415|6576|Seattle
Which button equips your bong? To toke you just push fire, right? I prefer to buy my stuff on Armored Fury maps. I'm tired of all that bricked garbage in the middle-east and china.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard