+191|6683|The Netherlands
i w8 for pentie=um 5 and windows vista bevore i buy a new one
Psycho
Member since 2005
+44|6832|Kansas, USA

Kmarion wrote:

jaymz9350 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

missing dvd drive as well^^  not to mention shipping.
that's the point i was making for the same as he spent  you would come up pretty short of a full system to do it yourself
I know that's point you were making
I couldnt help but throw those in off the top of my head..lol
Of course this is all based upon the supposed 50% discount card that you allegedly have. However, I find that highly unlikely. The margins on pre-built computers (even high-end rigs) is not enough that any company could justify such a discount. They would be losing money. Something like a gift card with $200 off or something similar would make more sense. But, with a 50% off discount they would be losing more money the more that you spent. Hell you could add a couple ultra large screen flat-panels and would end up paying less than they would cost wholesale. Youcould make a nice profit from selling them on Ebay.

So, I'm not calling you a liar, but if you do indeed have a 50% off discount card, I'm sure there are some restrictions on it that you haven't pain attentiion to.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6657|132 and Bush

The mark up on most retail items is 100 percent. Also figure in that in no way does alienware pay the same thing you do for parts.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Psycho
Member since 2005
+44|6832|Kansas, USA

Kmarion wrote:

The mark up on most retail items is 100 percent. Also figure in that in no way does alienware pay the same thing you do for parts.
That "mark up" is not profit. The markup covers variable costs not included in the materials (such as labor) as well as fixed costs (rent, utilities, etc.). The retail computer market, even the high-end market, is very marginalized. The profit margin is very small. I still think they would take a loss with a 50% discount on anything they sell.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard