Are You For or Agaisnt 2142??

For51%51% - 41
Against30%30% - 24
Dont Mind17%17% - 14
Total: 79
Kurazoo
Pheasant Plucker
+440|6654|West Yorkshire, U.K
Hi i think BF2142 looks too futuristic and unrealistic due to those big mechwarrior things, i would like to get more out of bf2 before they bring out 2142 in october (which will probably be delayed lol) What do you guys think?
a fly
+105|6614|The netherlands
they must fix BF2, not make ANOTHER OVERPRICED mod for bf2. damn bitches cant even make the real game work, let alone stand a whole new game based on a bug.
niomosy
+26|6659
I think it's an interesting idea but I'm not yet sold in their implementation of it.  At least it's not another damned WWII fps as I'm wearing rather thin on them.  I'll keep an eye on 2142 as well as Quake Wars and pick the one that I'm having more fun with.
Aardcore
+60|6683|USA, Arizona
Since Battlefield 2142 is more like a mod than actually a new game fitted with a new engine... ya think they'll fit it somewhere in the community tab into a custom game like they do between Battlefield 2 and Battlefield 2 Special Forces?

I think that'd be kinda neat, you get tired of all the "OMG LAZERS PEW PEW PEW!" to "Man, I wanna play some hand grenade, no battlewalker-type action." and just be able to change between games in itself.
Aardcore
+60|6683|USA, Arizona
If I was going to base my opinion based on the game trailers, which I'll assume use ingame footage since Enemy Territory: Quake Wars, according to ID Software, is actual in game footage, then I'll have to say Quake Wars. That game looks TOO much fun!
jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.
For,i need a change.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6736|UK
Well im looking forward to some new bloody gamemodes, have you not noticed that the BF2 gamemode filter is pointless!!! theres only 1 bloody mode! thank god they are adding a new mode for BF2 and BF2142 will have atleast 3 game modes.
Aardcore
+60|6683|USA, Arizona
I'll feel kind of bad switching up Battlefield 2 to 2142 just before I even get a general rank, I dunno, i was kind of thinking about it but I might not be able to get that veteran aviator badge anytime soon so I might migrate to 2142 if that's the case, but I'll most definitely be on the battlefield at Quake Wars.
captain_itchy_pants
+13|6545
What about Crysis? I am looking forward to that one more than Quake Wars or 2142.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6664|Howell, Mi USA
_Don't mind

Im not really for or against it. Maybe ill pick it up sometime, but not right away when it comes out.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
Aardcore
+60|6683|USA, Arizona

captain_itchy_pants wrote:

What about Crysis? I am looking forward to that one more than Quake Wars or 2142.
Yeah but you'll still need a pretty decent rig with a videocard that can handle DX10, the Windows Vista OS and anything else that'll fit inbetween.
Kurazoo
Pheasant Plucker
thanks guys, it would be pretty cool to keep your rank though...
BlaZin'Feenix
I'm just that good
+156|6589|Cork, Ireland
I think it'll be excellent
Aardcore
+60|6683|USA, Arizona

Kurazoo wrote:

thanks guys, it would be pretty cool to keep your rank though...
Yeah I guess so, but at leats BF2142 will have a "Battlefield 2 Veterans Program" so anyone who has put in an effort into BF2 will be rewarded with a free rank up, victory dance animation and some other thing I forget at the moment, but yeah, it would be kind of cool to be an officer first round up LOL, but that'd also be kind of unfair.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
for, so i can play with people i know
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Kurazoo
Pheasant Plucker
yeh i suppose but noobs will rape bf2 to hell when people move to 2142
Aardcore
+60|6683|USA, Arizona

Kurazoo wrote:

Hi i think BF2142 looks too futuristic and unrealistic due to those big mechwarrior things, i would like to get more out of bf2 before they bring out 2142 in october (which will probably be delayed lol) What do you guys think?
LOL Yeah, considering this is being published by EA, even if DICE are the builders, the game looks alot like a Command & Conquer game to me, especially with the walkers and Orca VTOL aircrafts they have in it. I figure, take out the Tiberium and replace it with ice, you've got BF2142.
captain_itchy_pants
+13|6545

Kurazoo wrote:

yeh i suppose but noobs will rape bf2 to hell when people move to 2142
I am hoping beyond all hope that they will move on to 2142 and leave BF2 alone. Then the real players will have more intense and enjoyable battles.
ZCor3x
+46|6540|Pennsylvania
I'm not for or against bf2142, it's a whole new game to add to the EA Battlefield series. Yes, they need to fix Bf2, thats what 1.4 is for, and beta. But I also agree that BF2142 looks too futuristic, and I'm not all for that. I would buy it, but I don't have the money for it right now, and I'm not even into BF2 anymore as it is. Even though that's said, not as many people will be playing BF2 and their will be less asshattery.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6661|Devon, England
for. looks good. orgasmic even.

(and whats with people not setting up te right polls? its simple enough)
tega
+4|6666
the futuristic style aint the most appealing but it looks great ...

not arsed about all the EA/Dice bashing n shiz, ill defo buy it on release ...
crimson_grunt
Shitty Disposition (apparently)
+214|6624|Teesside, UK
When i first heard about it i though what a load of crap but when i heard about the titan mode that got me hooked.  When i first started playing SF i read the mission descriptions about stopping missiles launching and capturing submarines and thought wow.  Was disappointing to realize it was just identical flag stuff to the vanilla maps.  A game play mode which is more than basic flag capturing is going to be awesome.

Plus I think SF is tonnes better than vanillia so i'm sure 2142 will add some great stuff.
Lazzars
+4|6617
i'll play the beta later then decide

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard