ChyneseGUY
+20|6483
I just want to know which of those two classes are more useful to a team. I have one unlock to spare on either one of them, since i never play assault. I want to put my last unlock into a class that i would use if i wasnt playing support, sniper, or medic. So it comes down to either the Jackhammer or the DAO-12. I would appreciate your answers and advice.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6808|Nårvei

DAO-12 sucks, Jackhammer all the way !
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6651
you should rarely have to use your guns as an engineer, and if so don't expect to survive long anyway. as AT however, you are on foot, and the DAO is a good gun for cqc defence.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
ChyneseGUY
+20|6483
i was wondering, does the DAO-12 reload like the pump shotguns? Meaning you put one shell in at a time? Or does it load by clip, cause i read it was like a revolver 0.o
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6718|Melbourne, Australia
the dao reloads 1 shell at a time but has a massive 12 shell clip usually takin 1 - 2 shots close range to the head to finish .. at the max 4 will do
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6651
well, it reloads one shell at a time, but you can't stop it before it's completely reloaded without switching weapons
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
ChyneseGUY
+20|6483
so you can't fire off a shot like the pumps when reloading?
stonehand
I need a medic here! Please?!?
+12|6680|Southern Indiana
I am mixed between DAO and the Jackhammer they are both superb cqc weapons but recently I have been terrorizing  people with the DAO.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6661|USA
Both guns blow.

Jackhammer is like shooting air...for engineer shotty, the pump action is the only way to go.

P90 for AT, period. DAO-12 is a waste.  I know you have to get the DAO before the P90. Id just unlock something else.

Overall AT > Engineer

IMO

Last edited by Mason4Assassin444 (2006-08-17 04:33:48)

hordi74
+16|6463|Capital City of Nds, Germany
depends on what you like to play.

i would say dao cause you usually dont take the engi-kit while runnin around -> more in a vehicle or driving in it and repairing it.
with the at-kit you are not so often in a vehicle but try to destroy them -> by foot.

so the dao rocks in crackland äähh karkand. small alleys, many people -> two shots three kills...

so dao ftw!
Spiers.ckz
+10|6527

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

Both guns blow.

Jackhammer is like shooting air...for engineer shotty, the pump action is the only way to go.

P90 for AT, period. DAO-12 is a waste.  I know you have to get the DAO before the P90. Id just unlock something else.

Overall AT > Engineer

IMO
depends very much on the map.

For city maps i deffo prefer the DAO-12 ... its very good for close combat, way better than the jackhammer, and yes, you can fire 12 shots without reloading, but then u better have a safe spot to reload in.
(tip: if reloading all the shells takes too long, switch weapon half way and then switch back)

more open maps i prefer the P90

but your question was really about which kit ur team needed the most, dont worry about that, pick what u wanna play. For example i liked the C4 in the beginning so i unlocked the spec ops first - even though the G3 looked alot better. so it depends on what u like most, rockets or AT mines and the ability to fix stuff

Last edited by Spiers.ckz (2006-08-17 04:56:20)

.:XDR:.PureFodder
+105|6828
The DAO-12 is the single most devastating gun in the game. It's only slightly less powerful than the pump action shottie but it fires at the same rate as a pistol (ie. it can fire as fast as you can hit the mouse button) meaning you can mow down entire squads with it and is so vastly superior to the smgs that you usually get. I usually use the pump action shotties over the jackhammer as it runs out of ammo too fast and isn't overly powerful.

Personally I find the pistol to be superior to the p90 at medium rnage combat and the DAO-12 easly beats the p90 up close.
Vub
The Power of Two
+188|6493|Sydney, Australia
A very simple answer for you: DAO-12. You'll find more use from a DAO-12 than from a Jackhammer, trust me. Unless you love walking around as an engineer all the time (serious disadvantage btw) DAO-12 will serve you better.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6842|Bryan/College Station, TX
Having put way too many hours into both classes I just say that the AT class is more useful in general infantry mode than the Engineer. In Armor the Engineer is more useful than AT.

If I had to do it again I would unlock the DAO-12 way before I unlocked the Jackhammer.

Simply put the AT class is just more useful in a game filled with vehicles.

IMO.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6525|Singapore
tubes > wrench
anzus
Wheres the trigger?
+34|6642|Wangaratta, Australia
Im AT all the way DAO-12 i find to be a great weapon and prefer to use a rocket launcher over a mine as a less chance of TKing. Plenty of idiots run over your mines then punish you for it.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6693|Howell, Mi USA

Varegg wrote:

DAO-12 sucks, Jackhammer all the way !
QFE
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6661|USA

Spiers.ckz wrote:

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

Both guns blow.

Overall AT > Engineer

IMO
depends very much on the map.

For city maps i deffo prefer the DAO-12 ... its very good for close combat, way better than the jackhammer, and yes, you can fire 12 shots without reloading, but then u better have a safe spot to reload in.
(tip: if reloading all the shells takes too long, switch weapon half way and then switch back)

more open maps i prefer the P90

but your question was really about which kit ur team needed the most, dont worry about that, pick what u wanna play. For example i liked the C4 in the beginning so i unlocked the spec ops first - even though the G3 looked alot better. so it depends on what u like most, rockets or AT mines and the ability to fix stuff
AT I use P90 only, regardless of map. I actually aquired my expert AT the other day on Karkand w/P90 and rockets and on foot only. No tank kills no apc and no DAO-12 Karkand alley cheesecake. Old fashioned ground pounding with the p90. Really the only shotty I use is the US/China pump action w/eng.

I just can't stand the DAO or Jack. I feel like Im walking around with a huge C02 cartridge for ammo. And when the P90 can take you out before you DAO gets to me...

People need to learn to stay out of the Karkand alleys cause that is the only place I see people useing the DAO. Cheese Factory.

Still.....AT>Eng. I prefer an amor convoy with Eng driving but 2 AT's in the passenger seats for extra rocket support against other armor. They work well together. But AT is better than Engineer.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6619|London, England
Seems like the Dao-12 is all round better than the Jackhammer. Same for the P90/MP7. But the pump-action shotguns US/PLA engineers get and the semi-auto MEC shotgun, no one can mess with those.
JohnnySupreme
+23|6494
It depends which class you prefer playing.  I am a big fan of both weapons but I play as engineer most of the time.  While on the subject, the engineer is a massively underated class.  Clever positioning and use of mines can change a battle.  Anyway, like I say, just go for whatever suits you the most.
Noop-Ni
ROAR
+14|6497

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

AT I use P90 only, regardless of map. I actually aquired my expert AT the other day on Karkand w/P90 and rockets and on foot only. No tank kills no apc and no DAO-12 Karkand alley cheesecake. Old fashioned ground pounding with the p90. Really the only shotty I use is the US/China pump action w/eng.

I just can't stand the DAO or Jack. I feel like Im walking around with a huge C02 cartridge for ammo. And when the P90 can take you out before you DAO gets to me...
Well, let's look at this. At close range, the DAO beats the P90, 'cause at close range it beats pretty much everything. At medium range, the pistol beats the P90, since it does more damage, is more accurate, and with the minimal recoil, ends up with a faster rate of fire.Since the pistol is better at medium range than both weapons, it comes down to close range, and the DAO wins that.

As to the original question, take the DAO. The normal submachineguns suck, and the DAO is a huge improvement. The MK3A1 isn't really that much better than the normal engineer weapons, and according to some people worse. Even if you do prefer it, it's not that much of a big improvement over the default weapon, unlike the DAO.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6661|USA

Noop-Ni wrote:

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

Well, let's look at this. At close range, the DAO beats the P90, 'cause at close range it beats pretty much everything. At medium range, the pistol beats the P90, since it does more damage, is more accurate, and with the minimal recoil, ends up with a faster rate of fire.Since the pistol is better at medium range than both weapons, it comes down to close range, and the DAO wins that.

As to the original question, take the DAO. The normal submachineguns suck, and the DAO is a huge improvement. The MK3A1 isn't really that much better than the normal engineer weapons, and according to some people worse. Even if you do prefer it, it's not that much of a big improvement over the default weapon, unlike the DAO.
I think you need to practice with the P90. Maybe I am just not a run-n-gun CQC type of trooper. I respect your opinion on it. I found myself in bad spots evertime Ive used it. THose shells are powerful but your screwed once thier gone. Reload for 30 seconds while you pray no one is behind the guy you juts plowed over.

P90 in single shot is ruthless. So if I had to pick one......DAO-12, just to get closer to the P90 unlock.  THough I'd take a long hard look at the other unlocks you may have available.
Noop-Ni
ROAR
+14|6497
Isn't the P90 in single shot a weaker, less accurate pistol? The stats certainly seem to say that.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6661|USA

Noop-Ni wrote:

Isn't the P90 in single shot a weaker, less accurate pistol? The stats certainly seem to say that.
I've heard the same. Everyone shits on the P90. I have never had a problem using it. Its no G3....but I have no issue. And 50 bullets a clip......yeah. My choice for AT kit.
broncobullfrog
Extra Tender Juicy SPINY
+58|6749|The 70's
I'd say go for the DAO. With the Engineer kit you naturally spend most of your time in a Tank or APC, and the default pump shotties are great weapons if you find yourself on foot, so the jackhammer isnt going to help/change your capabilities with that kit. But for Anti-Tank, the DAO really does improve your chances in a close-combat situation, its a bigger change to the kit, so thats how I would make the choice.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard