airborne916
+24|6671
Well my system specs are

x700pro
200 gb HD
i gig of ram
stock 350 psu
stock crap gateway mobo

About 8 months ago i sent my card to ati cuz there were dots all over my screen, they sent me a new one. That one did the same thing, then i got a new one again and the fan did not work, and last i sent that one back and im still getting dots all over my screen. Do you think it could be my PSU? The guy at ATI said i should try swaping my ram in the diffrent slots, i dont know if that would help. PLEAS!
spacebandit72
Dead Meat
+121|6736|Michigan
eeh, just do what the dude said... wouldn't hurt to try.

Try the ram thing and also make sure the monitor cable is tightened all the way onto the card. I thought the card was bad till I decided to tighten the connector with the screwy things. My old computer worked fine without tightning.

Good luck.
Vampira_NB
Trying is the first step to failing
+76|6680|Canada Eh?
I would replace everything except for the HD and RAM.

That should do the trick.
Crap.Bag
+5|6719
Also you didn't say and I know it sounds obvious but update the Drivers for the card

I once had an ATI which did similar things and it was because I wasn't using latest drivers, hence I went back to good ole nVidia cos they spank ass and I never had an issue with one but I spose it's the luck of the dice

I wouldn't of thought it would be your PSU usually when they are on the way out your system may become quite unstable and you tend to get crashes or lock ups and wierdness but thats not too say it isn't by all means try it

Also make sure the PSU can handle everything you have on the system cos 350 should suffice but if it's a cheap ass bit of kit it might have problems delivering the goods to the components

Yeah and try the ram thing you never know with PC's

Crap..
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6626|Mhz

u forgot ur processor, and 350w is prety low... hell, a heavily loaded CPU can draw 250 by itself... new stuff coming out hits 300w
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6772|UK
Might just be the monitor tbh, test your comp with a different one.
KO
Banned
+31|6549|New Jersey
i had the same problem and i got a new Power supply and video card... my bro installed the powersupply without the video card and we tunred the computer on and there were no dots on the screen..hope that helps
Husker~ifh~
Beer Consumption Expert
+25|6736|Beerville, USA
Gateway sucks!!!  I had the same issue when I owned a gateway, went through 3 ATI X9800 Pro cards and  2 Nvidia 5500's, plus the tech support sucked.  After 3 months of dealing with all the BS I finally scraped it, built my own and salvaged the HD, Mem, & Vid Card.  So if you can, save up so $$$ and loose the door stop you have now.

Note:  I never did get the graphics to stop showing dots or black areas on the screen.
airborne916
+24|6671
oh sorry i for got

I have a intel P4 ht 3.2

Yes i have all my drivers up to date.

I just dont know why it dose it with all games just noe valve games.
=]7[=Banh_Bao
+3|6659
The ram is probably not related to your dots issue, but I really reccomend 2 gigs of ram for BF2. 

For the dots issue, I would say update drivers (@ guru3d.com) and powersupply.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6499|N. Ireland
Dots in the screen? Could be dead pixels........
airborne916
+24|6671
ok i tryed the ram thing and it did not help
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6772|UK
if its that in the pic its called reinstalling BF2 as it has absolutely NOTHING to do with the hardware, that is quite clearly a software issue. As you can see from your shots, the texture of the ground has gone wrong, possibly from becoming crupt.

Last edited by Vilham (2006-08-17 09:03:44)

kylef
Gone
+1,352|6499|N. Ireland
Yes, a full re-installation of Battlefield 2 should rectify this problem. Make sure you are running the latest DirectX 9.0c etc, and don't strain your card too much if it isn't THAT new.. (say, 9800 or less)
airborne916
+24|6671
were do i go to get the lates vertion of direct x?
airborne916
+24|6671
omg i hate this. I unstalled bf2 and reinstalled it and now the damn thing will not even run. Of course every other game works.
airborne916
+24|6671
nvm i got it to work again. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it still dose not work.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6778|PNW

About the only thing I can say is to think again before buying into Cowputers. I've seen nothing but trouble from those boxes at the shop.
=]7[=Banh_Bao
+3|6659
Don't regret about getting the Ram even though it didn't solve your dots issue.  2 gigs is what the majority of BF2 players rec. 

Do you have any friends that have an Nvidia card that can handle BF2?  Try borrowing it and see if it works.
airborne916
+24|6671

=]7[=Banh_Bao wrote:

Don't regret about getting the Ram even though it didn't solve your dots issue.  2 gigs is what the majority of BF2 players rec. 

Do you have any friends that have an Nvidia card that can handle BF2?  Try borrowing it and see if it works.
I did not get more ram i just swiched them around in diffrent slots like the ati guy said to.

I dont have friendswith computers really, they dont know shit and they all have old ass computers. AGP slots only.
CommieChipmunk
+488|6576|Portland, OR, USA
that was happening to my friend too.  It had something to do with new ATI drivers
MECtallica
+73|6510|jalalabad
It looks like a driver problem, not a hardware problem... try uninstalling all video drivers and reinstalling ATI 6.7 or something

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard