griphin
+0|6775
I have been recently been banned from a server 'due to excessive team killing'.

I know for a fact that I had not been team killing. It does not form part of my game at any level.

What I cannot understand is that there is no way of arbitration after the fact. There is no indication saying if you feel this is unjustified then contact .... It does bother me because of 2 things.

1) I enjoyed playing on that server.... Full Metal Jockstrap.. in fact I have had some really good team play games on there with the clan members.
20 What concerns me the most is if people are being banned just for the sake of an admin being upset if for instance you are getting the better of his team play.

This particular round that I had was pretty good not high flying figures but good nonetheless........

Does anyone know of a contact for the likes of either Full Metal Jockstrap or EA.....

If this kind of thing goes unchecked I can see our games being reduced to single player against AI with no chance of appeal.
elbowdeeplove
BWNED!!!
+0|6807|Texas
My roommate and I both got banned from the Strike at Karkand UCS server.  For doing what you ask?  Commanding....  It seems that r00fus doesn't like other people commanding on his server.  It also says banned for excessive team killing.  That's definitely not the case.  I'd say this guy is worse than any tank/heli teamkilling whore that ever existed.  http://bf2s.com/player/|cypher00fus/

Last edited by elbowdeeplove (2005-11-06 08:49:56)

Sud
+0|6773
I've been reporting issues with server admins here: http://forums.easports.com/mboards/thre … b30QAAKDw.

I consider using admin resources to affect the outcome of games, allocation of team vehicles, or just to be malicious and add to players kick/ban numbers to be something that should be illegal (stat padding) and abusive admins should have their ranked status removed.

Another link suggested to me:

http: //www.bf2rankedservers. com/forums/

" BF2RS Hall Of Shame
Here you can submit links to screenshoots if you suspect people are violating the EA user license agreement, i.e people cheating for ranks and points. "
VIKING-LOVER1
+3|6871
It it sad to see this type of behavior  from server  admins  who seem hell bent on  banning every one whom is fairly good at the  game.

Hell i got banned becuse this ass hatt  flys his helo' and i fly a plane'..(i was getrting the better end) and i know the clan  that he's with ( i know all of the -DoD- guys pretty much )

We/ I have my own server up now for the last  5-6 weeks now .
our server  gives the right to an "appeal" should the player feel that he/she has been unfairly banned.
at GNYSO a "art of war" Hosted server.

the reasons why we get banned from these servers are genaraly not because we are tk'ers or asshats.
Its simply becuse these  other servers have "tree hugging butt monky admins" running thier server

so i say to you that have been unfairly treated to boycot those servers that dont alow an "appeal"
of any sorts , its evidently owned / ran by idiots
twistedsphere
+0|6772
I was on a server last night where the admin wouldn't shut up. They kept bitching about how people were playing, "learn to fly on a different server, jet-tards!", "squad up or I'll kick you", and so on... so I called him a fucking nazi. I swear I didn't get two steps before I got booted. My buddy was in there and got booted right afterwards for saying, "thanks for making his point, ya fucking nazi"... granted, I shot my mouth off, but I'd still like to appeal the banning.
elbowdeeplove
BWNED!!!
+0|6807|Texas
Why would you want to appeal the banning? So you can play on that shitty admins server again?  Theres well over 2000 other servers you could play on you know.
DeltaForceWarrior
+1|6790

elbowdeeplove wrote:

My roommate and I both got banned from the Strike at Karkand UCS server.  For doing what you ask?  Commanding....  It seems that r00fus doesn't like other people commanding on his server.  It also says banned for excessive team killing.  That's definitely not the case.  I'd say this guy is worse than any tank/heli teamkilling whore that ever existed.  http://bf2s.com/player/|cypher00fus/
yeah fuck that server, r00fus put a temporary ban on me once because HE teamkilled me and after making the mistake of signing onto this server again, i got another temp ban from UCS for reasons unknown to me. 

i don't need my gaming experience ruined by narrow minded punks
VirtuaLResistancE
ArmChair Warrior
+4|6781|NH - USA
I got kicked but it said teamkilling or Admin decision. I figured they where just making room for one of their buddies...but more than likely they where being an ass.
Raxor
Enemy Boat Spotted
+17|6870|United Kingdom
its their server and THEY pay for it, deal with it and find a different server...
thinner44
+1|6835

Raxor wrote:

its their server and THEY pay for it, deal with it and find a different server...
Exactly..... why burn up energy looking to seek out the 'whys and wherefores'. There's over 2k servers out there, I'm sure you'll get kick/banned again
griphin
+0|6775
The point is guys.... Yes it is their server however these bans go against you and if EA go ahead with the idea of banning you game key instead of your IP, this will render your game useless in no time and for what......
At the beginning I mentioned that I actually enjoyed playing ont he Full Metal Jockstrap server and believe my initial games on there with them when all their guys teamed up with me and we kicked butt all the way through the game. It was ok at that point..... no problems then.....

If there is anyone from EA that actually cares about the game itself and hopefully reads this message.... I am sure that there are far more stories out there. It is wrong and needs to be brought in line. We have rights.... Allow the right of appeal at least... Or make ranked servers conform with a right to appeal policy....

It needs to be dealt with before it gets really out of hand......

Those of you who think this kind of thing is not even worth fighting or moaning about.... What happens when you can now longer play the game??????

Deal with it now before it becomes a major issue.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard