Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS
Islam doesn't seem to be restraining Indonesia - and it's the biggest Islamic country in the world! AND it's full of MODERATE islamics who still do everything they're supposed to but don't let it dictate their lifestyle.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6667|NT, like Mick Dundee

Spark wrote:

Did you see the links and, how am I generalizing?---
I'm just cautioning. It's not generalizing but it is approaching it.
Go to Indonesia. World's largest muslim nation (highest population). They do not have Shari'a law.

EDIT

Bugger, Spark beat me to it. Spark did you hear about the rejection the Wahabbi movements are facing there at the moment?

Last edited by Flecco (2006-08-16 00:16:52)

Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6563

AlbertWesker[RE] wrote:

how about staying on topic
How is it not on topic?  I'm pointing out that demonising them is foolish.

Last edited by Bubbalo (2006-08-16 00:19:58)

Flecco
iPod is broken.

Bubbalo wrote:

AlbertWesker[RE] wrote:

how about staying on topic
How is it not on topic?  I'm pointing out that demoising them is foolish.
Demonising...
Flecco
iPod is broken.

deadawakeing wrote:

Under Taliban laws, murderers are publicly executed by the relatives of their victims. Adulterers are stoned to death and the limbs of thieves are amputated. Lesser crimes are punished by public beatings.

I dont know if im read this rite but does this say a person is executed by one of their families members?!! if so WTF how can people do this?
Welcome to the world of Wahabbism. Did you know the movement originates in Saudi Arabia? A close ally of the US of A?
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6563
I could have meant demoisting.
ltsabre
+0|6467|rotterdam Holland
And who helped the Taliban into power?

It was the US when Rusa was fighting in Afganistan.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6557

ATG wrote:

http://i8.tinypic.com/24oxfl0.jpg

Please visit the links below
Excluding civilian murdered by soldiers during wartime these have got to be the most absurd executions of all time.
They are gay; hang them.
They brought Bibles to Saudi Arabia; behead them.
She went to classes to learn to read; shoot her.

This my friends, is a preview of life under Sharia ( that's Islamic Law, for you unschooled types ).
Islamic led governments such as those in Iran, Saudia Arabia, Niger, Pakistan, Afganistan, Eygpt and many others have put people to death for mundane acts such as those listed above.
What kind of animal would shoot a woman in the head for wanting to read?
What kind of man could put a noose around another mans neck because they don't like girls?
What kind of a government could sanction and carry out executions of people in this modern time for religious beliefs?
What kind of human fecal matter would destroy thousand year old statues of Budha because it wasn't an Islamic icon.

The answer to all of the above is of course, Muslim.

9-11 and terrorism aside, these are all primary reasons why the West is at war with Islam. Make no mistake, these people will not stop until you either convert to Islam and live under Sharia as a second class citizen, or die.
The United States can't say it, but I can call a spade a spade. This is a crusade, and we must finish it this time. This ideology must be crushed before, like a poisonous cancer, it spreads
We are at war with Islam, and I say it's a fight we need to win.
http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2005/7/22/102249/246
http://therhema.blogspot.com/2006/04/ex … di_11.html
http://www.rawa.org/murder-w.htm

EDIT, I have known many great people who are ethnically Muslim. This is why it's so sad for me; I know these people.
I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt here and assume you're being sarcastic and just wanting to get under peoples' skins with your post. I don't think anyone sensible thinks Islam poses any kind of serious threat to a) the United States of America or b) Western civilization. Cave-dwelling militant extremists and the odd screwball here and there are not going to pose a serious threat to us. Especially not to the USA who must be something of the order of about 10,000 miles away from the middle east. Scaremongering like this is what prompted Germans in 1930s Germany to start thinking it was OK to gas Jews to death. Several years later they realised the error of their ways. Let's not be the ones who did the gassing and realise later on what monsters we were.

"Preview of Life under Islamic Law" - If people honestly believe the miniscule percentages of muslims in their respective countries are capable of peeling back millennia of western civilisation then they've got problems.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2006-08-16 06:03:05)

Flecco
iPod is broken.

Bubbalo wrote:

I could have meant demoisting.
Is that even a word?
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6563
Yes, yes it is.
Flecco
iPod is broken.

Bubbalo wrote:

Yes, yes it is.
My little WordWeb needs a little updating then... Still, you did mean demonising didn't you? Or was I gravely mistaken?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

The fate of the Muslim World is insignificant compared to the power...

of my half-eaten bag of cheese Doritos from 1996 that I found under my desk this morning.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6563
Oh, yes, because it's not like they're the single largest demographic in the world, or anything
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6794

ATG wrote:

EDIT, I have known many great people who are ethnically Muslim. This is why it's so sad for me; I know these people.
How can someone be ethnically Muslim?  Do you mean religiously Muslim?

By the way, I do wonder sometimes about Sharia law.  Would America and the rest of the developed world have the same crime rate, general lack of discipline and distrust of authority?  I doubt it.

Maybe we should introduce public beatings for small crimes, amputation and death penalties for greater crimes.  Start with castration for male sex offenders, I'm sure that'll go down well with most people.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6563
I must say, I don't get the issue of cutting of a hand for stealing: it's probably more effective than jail.

Of course, I'm a fan of traditional Aboriginal justice.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6768|UK

-=CB=-krazykarl wrote:

LostFate wrote:

9/11 was obviously a very bad thing and the people responsible should be harshly punished BUT retribution should'nt be taken out on the entire islamic world, most of them are decent normal people just like you an me..

Its a small group of people with a large amount of screws lose an they can come from any backround and any religion not just islam..

Lets take it out on the terrorists not the religion they hide behind.
i will state this once again: not all muslims are terrorists, but.... MOST TERRORISTS ARE MUSLIM. IF YOU DON'T GET THAT OR DISAGREE, GO CHECK YOUR FACTS.
edit: or get some uncommon sense. (it isn't that common any more) (i trademarked that so you can't use it without my express consent)
Your an idiot mate, its about 10% of suicide bombings are done in the name of religion. Also not all terrorists are Muslims, every heard of the IRA, funded by America, then there are a hell of a lot of seperatist movements across the world who are also terrorists.

For that 10% this is know because someone did a survey of about 400 attacks, i searched the BBC site for their story on it but the search feature is rubbish.

Last edited by Vilham (2006-08-16 06:13:47)

Erkut.hv
+124|6737|California

LostFate wrote:

9/11 was obviously a very bad thing and the people responsible should be harshly punished BUT retribution should'nt be taken out on the entire islamic world, most of them are decent normal people just like you an me..

Its a small group of people with a large amount of screws lose an they can come from any backround and any religion not just islam..

Lets take it out on the terrorists not the religion they hide behind.
That would be great if the 99% of "non-terrorist" muslims would stand up against the extremists.

Point: Instead of condemning the possible terror attacks on the 10 airplanes, CAIR decided their bone of contention would be the presidents use of the word "Islamic Fascist".

Not the fact men were trying to knock airplanes out of the sky.

When muslims stand up against their own bad apples, I might.... MIGHT... be more tolerant. until then, you are all terrorists to me.

Quit getting guilty white people to defend you.
Colfax
PR Only
+70|6646|United States - Illinois

Bubbalo wrote:

Gays being discriminated against?  My, what horror!  That would never happen in the West, of course.  It's not like gay couples are practically second class, or anything.

Oh, yes, a highly reliable blog.  I so no bibliography, which is probably because the whole thing is opinion, not fact.

And who helped the Taliban into power?
Gays being discriminated against?  I haven't recently seen anyone hanged for being a homosexual.  Have you?  When the U.S. court finds someone guilty of being gay and then hangs them we can talk.

Bible:  What do you want an AP wire source.  Because everything is found there right?  From now on anytime someone posts a link and its not from an AP wire source I'm just gonna say, "THATS NOT RELIABLE, THATS NOT RELIABLE......SO ITS WROOOONG...AND NOT TRUE!!!

I'm with you ATG.

Edit: ЎőŪŖ ĹĬŇĶ Ĩš ņőŢ ǻ ŘęĻİąБĹЄ ŚŏųŘćę Ŝő īŦ Ćăņ'ţ ВЄ ŤŗūЄ
you will now see if it is not a AP wire source.  for every link that is posted here because of how ridiculously people throw that around.

Last edited by Colfax (2006-08-16 07:19:19)

herrr_smity
+156|6629|space command ur anus
how fascinating
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6765|d
i ant even gone read this shit, its all the same.
MOD WHY THE FUCK DON'T U MAKE A STICKY SAYING
"LET KILL EVERY MUSLIM "
SO ALL THESE DICKS CAN STAY ENTERTAINED, and let the rest of us can debate in peace.

And to all the people that want to kill all the Muslims, GO do it, stop talking about it, you bunch of pussies.
M1-Lightning
Jeepers Creepers
+136|6733|Peoria, Illinois

mafia996630 wrote:

i ant even gone read this shit, its all the same.
MOD WHY THE FUCK DON'T U MAKE A STICKY SAYING
"LET KILL EVERY MUSLIM "
SO ALL THESE DICKS CAN STAY ENTERTAINED, and let the rest of us can debate in peace.

And to all the people that want to kill all the Muslims, GO do it, stop talking about it, you bunch of pussies.
Who beat you with the stupid stick? So instead of reading about atrocities of Islamic Government and commenting on it, you'd rather kill us all with caps-lock extremism?
M1-Lightning
Jeepers Creepers
+136|6733|Peoria, Illinois

Spumantiii wrote:

ATG wrote:

http://i8.tinypic.com/24oxfl0.jpg
Excluding civilian murdered by soldiers during wartime these have got to be the most absurd executions of all time.
They are gay; hang them.
They brought Bibles to Saudi Arabia; behead them.
She went to classes to learn to read; shoot her.

This my friends, is a preview of life under Sharia ( that's Islamic Law, for you unschooled types ).
Islamic led governments such as those in Iran, Saudia Arabia, Niger, Pakistan, Afganistan, Eygpt and many others have put people to death for mundane acts such as those listed above.
What kind of animal would shoot a woman in the head for wanting to read?
What kind of man could put a noose around another mans neck because they don't like girls?
What kind of a government could sanction and carry out executions of people in this modern time for religious beliefs?
What kind of human fecal matter would destroy thousand year old statues of Budha because it wasn't an Islamic icon.

The answer to all of the above is of course, Muslim.

9-11 and terrorism aside, these are all primary reasons why the West is at war with Islam. Make no mistake, these people will not stop until you either convert to Islam and live under Sharia as a second class citizen, or die.
The United States can't say it, but I can call a spade a spade. This is a crusade, that we must win, and this ideology must be crushed before, like a poisonous cancer, it spreads and we are all doomed.
We are at war with Islam, and say it's a fight we need to win.
http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2005/7/22/102249/246
http://therhema.blogspot.com/2006/04/ex … di_11.html
http://www.rawa.org/murder-w.htm
I know of the Taliban performing those kinds of executions, is it that bad elsewhere too?  I had no idea it had gotten that bad.  I just know for sure the Taliban did those things, is it still happening? 

What I mean to say is I don't think all of Islam is that extreme, I do know the Taliban are.
I'd join you in a fight against extremism, not necessarily all of Islam though
more accurately we are at war with extremism, which exists within our own ranks as well,    Regardless, it does disgust me too.
It's not so much the extremist views among civilians as it is the extremist control within some of the arab nations.

An example: 16 year old girl sentenced to hanging by Iranian judge for having sex with an unmarried man
Colfax
PR Only

M1-Lightning wrote:

It's not so much the extremist views among civilians as it is the extremist control within some of the arab nations.

An example: 16 year old girl sentenced to hanging by Iranian judge for having sex with an unmarried man
whose gonna try to disclaim this link?????

anyways QFT!!! for the post in general

"Atefeh's crime? Offending public morality. She was found guilty of "acts incompatible with chastity" by having sex with an unmarried man, even though friends say Atefeh was in such a fragile mental state that she wasn't in a position to say no.

But Judge Haji Rezaii was determined she should hang, regardless of the rules of international law which say only adults over 18 can be executed, and that the courts have a duty to children and the mentally ill.

Every step of the way the troubled teenager plagued by mental problems shouted "repentance, repentance" as the militiamen marched her to the town's Railway Square.

In Iranian law anyone who shows remorse has an automatic stay of execution and a right to appeal, but she was ignored"

{sarcasm} YAH for the great country of Iran {sarcasm}

Last edited by Colfax (2006-08-16 07:36:08)

Ikarti
Banned - for ever.
+231|6711|Wilmington, DE, US

AlbertWesker[RE] wrote:

Spark wrote:

I still don't think you should generalize about a group of people who represent about a fifth of the world.
Umm yeah, and their birth rate is what, 60x higher than the U.S.'s Hmmm, maybe you won't be saying that when they are 3/5's the world population in approx 70 years.

Not a long time.  No wonder Russia and some other Euro countries are giving families MONEY to have children.
Oh boo hoo, whitey isn't going to be around much longer. Get over it.

EDIT: and to the above post. It may be wrong, yes, but if the penalty is death, how hard is it to not have sex? And it said the girl had done it twice before too.

EDIT: EDIT: WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT! Lookie what I found off of wikipedia.

"The NCRI is classified as a Foreign Terrorist Organisation by the United States and as a terrorist organisation by the Council of the European Union."

O RLY? Next time let me use Hezbollah as a source.

Last edited by Ikarti (2006-08-16 07:41:03)

Colfax
PR Only

Ikarti wrote:

AlbertWesker[RE] wrote:

Spark wrote:

I still don't think you should generalize about a group of people who represent about a fifth of the world.
Umm yeah, and their birth rate is what, 60x higher than the U.S.'s Hmmm, maybe you won't be saying that when they are 3/5's the world population in approx 70 years.

Not a long time.  No wonder Russia and some other Euro countries are giving families MONEY to have children.
Oh boo hoo, whitey isn't going to be around much longer. Get over it.

EDIT: and to the above post. It may be wrong, yes, but if the penalty is death, how hard is it to not have sex? And it said the girl had done it twice before too.
Oh so raping the mentally ill is now considered consensual sex....

leave the forums man...
you are to consenting killing of a minor, defying of international law, and so many other moral obligations

Last edited by Colfax (2006-08-16 07:45:23)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard