-=ThC=-ThaShadow
Smoke weed every day...
+18|6564|Made in Holland
Got this from www.battlefield2.nl:

Although the patch was announced to be released today (by EA Spain), it seems a small bug has been found and needs to be fixed before patch release. The release of patch 1.4 has been postponed 24 hours in order to allow more testing and the fix of this small bug.

We will keep you up to date about this issue.
Better a good and fixed patch than a hotfix release next week !

2 bad....

Last edited by -=ThC=-ThaShadow (2006-08-15 11:10:00)

NZDeathBoy
+20|6711|Chch, New Zealand
Im starting to wounder if it will ever be released...
bf2_zspyvin
+17|6695|The Netherlands
crap.... :S
=TheGame.Pt=
+13|6508|PoRtUgAl
oh well.....lets wait...tks for the info +1
Buzerk1
+44|6848
lol "small bug".... I don't mind the wait... but "small bug".... really?? lol

Looks like they forgot to compile some of the fixes and they need to repackage it again lol, which can be done in 24hrs.... but fixing/compiling/texting.... moving it to different developpement stage... not 24hrs.

Last edited by Buzerk1 (2006-08-15 11:36:30)

-=ThC=-ThaShadow
Smoke weed every day...
+18|6564|Made in Holland

Buzerk1 wrote:

What he said...
=TheGame.Pt=
+13|6508|PoRtUgAl

Buzerk1 wrote:

Ya rly..
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6665
They probably finally found the server crash bug... it's not like it's the most significant problem present in 1.3 or anything...
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6533

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

They probably finally found the server crash bug... it's not like it's the most significant problem present in 1.3 or anything...
lol
-=ThC=-ThaShadow
Smoke weed every day...
+18|6564|Made in Holland
This HAS been discussed in another part of the forum (BF2 chatter) but I think it should have been posted in here (Patch chatter 1.4)... for the ppl who want to read the other discussion: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=39510
CC-Marley
+407|6840

-=ThC=-ThaShadow wrote:

Got this from www.battlefield2.nl:

Although the patch was announced to be released today (by EA Spain), it seems a small bug has been found and needs to be fixed before patch release. The release of patch 1.4 has been postponed 24 hours in order to allow more testing and the fix of this small bug.

We will keep you up to date about this issue.
Better a good and fixed patch than a hotfix release next week !

2 bad....
HAHA You said"good and fixed patch"...lol
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6656

NZDeathBoy wrote:

Im starting to wounder if it will ever be released...
lol i know they keep laying it off, every time they test it new bug is found lol
lagerfool
+23|6776|SE Virgina
EA USA says the same thing:

Community Update - 8/15/06

Greetings Everyone, As many of you are now aware we have made the choice to take some extra time with the 1.4 patch before release.

During our standard final processing of the 1.4 client update we came across an issue that, although it does not compromise stability, we felt needed to be addressed in order to meet our goal of improving the overall player experience with Battlefield 2.

It has come to our attention that a beta version of the 1.4 client has leaked to the general public. It should be noted by players that this file is not final and being such could cause damage to players systems.

We want to warn players to avoid the use of any client files that are not distributed by EA/DICE or one of our trusted partners. Once we have set a new schedule for release we will communicate this information to everyone.
[DRS]ChurchSt
+4|6750
"that this file is not final and being such could cause damage to players systems"

WTF? so this game will fry my system now?
GhostH
+0|6476|Hannover, Germany
It will if it cointains a virus cause you downloaded it from some unoffical website.

Greetings from Hannover
Ghost
Possum61
+9|6760|Philly PA USA
jezz them dudes cant do a darn thing right the first time, They need to fire them all and get someone who knows what they are doing....... Same old thing each & every time there is a patch
daffytag
cheese-it!
+104|6587
They will fix that bug, then realise that the rest of the coding has a 100,000 more bugs.
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6706|The Ville
Patch 1.5 fixed delaying patch issue.

Last edited by Obiwan (2006-08-15 14:58:22)

Fragboy
+9|6612|Massachusetts, USA
Thanks for the heads up, hopefully we will see it tomorrow, its looooong overdue.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6686|Canberra, AUS
Well that sucks.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6589|Florida
So much for all the success they had during the testing stage....this doesnt surprise me.
Cobra4545
Jizz in my pants
+54|6490|Vancouver, USA
This crap is really getting old.  They screwed up the game so much in 1.3, they are still finding bugs to fix.  But I hope this patch is worth it, because we sure had to wait a long time for it.
masculata
+24|6688|45° 30',North by 73° 35',West
Better they found it before the release and held back to fix, imagine all the extra bitching if they hadn't.
Eboreus
Member of Foamy's Card Cult
+46|6659
hmm only 24h? the message on their webpage sounds more like another 24days (waaait 24 days later? no that was something else)
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6760|Mark it zero.
probably just another bug to crash servers

i hope they fix all these damn bugs. i have never seen a game crash because of programming error before...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard