MastersMom
YOUR mom goes to college
+61|6656

Stubbee wrote:

Are you joining their squad so you can communicate over VOIP?
Most people jumping into the choppers are not from the same squad.

Communication is ESSENTIAL for a good chopper team. VERBAL communication. Typing and commo-rose don't really cut it. I am as guilting as the next for not communicating but I also play on foreign language servers a lot.

A lot of times the pilot is lining you up for a shot you didn't see.
Anytime I'm with my own clanmates (which is rare with conflicting schedules) we always use VOIP and will usually leave a server if it's not working or if the server doesn't have it.  We are all too aware of the dissadvantage of not having verbal communication.

If I just jump in with a random co-pilot I'll check to see if they're in a squad or invite them to my own squad.  If I join their squad or they accept my invite I'll ask over VOIP if they use VOIP.  I am still surprised at how many times I get the canned response of "Negative" or "No Sir."  They actually hear me on VOIP and don't want to use it.  That is usually a good indication that things are not going to go well...and I'm usually right.

Really there's only two people that I've flown with (that I don't know personally) that have stood out as just absolutely amazing co-pilots.  One of the was Haxor something (don't remember his exact name).  He's 15 years old and from the Netherlands.  His English wasn't perfect but was good enough that we could use VOIP and communicate well enough.  He told me from the begining that he doesn't fly but he's a "pretty good gunner."  So I figured I'd give him a chance...he litterally didn't miss a shot.  Transport choppers, attack choppers, armor, cars, humvee's, everything was dead on.  It was really just fun to fly for him.  I finished the round with 51 points and I didn't have a single kill...also didn't die the whole round.

The other co-pilot was Bomber*SAW*.  He is a 3 star general and his global ranking is #145.  I'm only a First Sgt and I thought for sure he wouldn't waste his time with me but not the case.  We were using VOIP and he was flying.  He set me up for shot after shot and if I happened to miss he'd stay with it and give me another shot.  I think there was two times where I missed and he took out the target with his missles and then with a laugh say, "Sorry, I wanted that one...sometimes I just need to kill."  The other times though he was very cool about it and would say "Don't worry, you'll get another chance."  Then he'd line me up for the shot again.  I finished that round with 41 kills and a 82 point round.

So yes, I use VOIP as often as possible but some people seem to be ignorant to the benefits.  And no one seems to care if you spot enemy choppers, tanks, vehicles, etc.
[-DER-]Omega
+188|6827|Lithuania

leetkyle wrote:

- once hit a live plane!
..once..?!?!?!!!???!!!11/
https://bf3s.com/sigs/fe717ed1eb823c939460a42f15bced7dd0057c51.png
kn0ckahh
+98|6739|netherlands, sweet lake city
I am a pilot  ... but I get to many retards in my gunnerseat... then I TK them and go solo ....
I give eveyone a chance ( except commanders) to gun ...
but mostly they arent worth it thats why I have a few mate's that I pilot for and together we have to shoot through bunches of retards to finaly get the chopper
mayB its a little mean to the pricks that we TK but PPL shouldnt go in chopper when the really cant hit anything ..   even a gunner that hits 50% is good with me, I just hate the n00bs that shoot the machinegun instead of the TV missle

Last edited by kn0ckahh (2006-08-15 09:08:45)

MastersMom
YOUR mom goes to college
+61|6656
It almost seems like the decent pilots keep getting stuck with the gunners that don't even know there's a tv missle there...

and the decent gunners are getting stuck with the pilots that don't know there's a gunner.

I know I've been on both sides of that.
OGGBlueGoose
+8|6514|Michigan
There is a bit of a learning curve to be a good gunner.  Communication is definitely a plus, whether it be VOIP or TS or Ventrilo.  I personally am a terrible pilot, but I feel I can gun.  I use the TV alot and watch the radar, and listen to my pilot.  There are alot of times when my pilot will tell me TV ready and I follows his directions, because he sees something I don't or vice versa.  Good pilots will not only line themselves up, but also there gunners.
If you want a real treat, gun with OGGComet241.  He has 200+ hours in a chopper and he's a team player.
*e6/TheChronic
+21|6482
Im an alright gunner i guess..... I usually gun for a clanmate on our Ventrilo server.. so it works out well... oh yea and im new and only posted once or twice
CITYHUNT3R
+15|6469|Winnipeg
I've recently been flying choppers more and more often, and the thing I try to remember is to always fly for my gunner. If I see any armor I'll steady the chopper facing towards them and let my gunner line up a TV missiles, and I'll strafe around bases letting my gunner rape the infantry. The only thing I'm having troubles with at the moment is chopper vs. chopper combat, since I can never hit the bitches.
messfeeder
+31|6528|Gotham
I've never flown with a good enough pilot to get good at gunner.  I take that back.  There was one time I clicked pretty well with one guy as gunner.  But I think most pilots don't think about tv missiles.  They never stay steady for a gunner to line up for the tv.
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6572

I've literally flown with 2 gunners/pilots who I've met on a public server before. When I pilot, I can't find a good gunner. When I gun, I can't find a good pilot. I almost always end up soloing if in a helicopter now.
lxcpikiman
imbad @ bf2
+70|6596|Toronto-Canada
hard to find are gunners (or it's just me) and pilot they just have to aim where the target is and the gunner do the rest
a_rabid_std
+16|6603|Arkansas
Consider myself to be a pretty damn good gunner... and i hate a sorry pilot.. i've knocked out quite a few jets and even have proof here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iZGojfcx-E  (on the kubra map coming over the dam...)
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6632|949

TeK||drake666 wrote:

http://www.tek-clanbase.de/tekv4/design … 256450.JPG

most pilots fly 4 themselve not 4 the gunner! :>  (i dont count to them ^^)
And this pic is to show...?

Anyone (yes, anyone, including my brother LotharMcDowner) can get a high score on Sharqi in MEC heli.  I flew for him his best Sharqi round.  That shows nothing impressive.  Although your 8K+ driver points is impressive.  Kill me 10 times IAR with your gunner/chopper combo and you get my respect (just as long as I don't get you 30x )
..::IZMone::..
+1|6687|Rotterdam, The Netherlands
I can do both to but still have problems now and then with TV guided and moving choppers. Armor is no problem.
~Smokey~
Steve Irwin Reincarnate
+396|6538|Internetfitlerland

There are some great gunners on AusArena 24/7 Oman server.  Was there last week and just kept lining my gunner up fot tv's, and got him golds 3 rounds in a row.  Good times...

Also VOIP is essential when it comes to piloting/gunning, as you can tell your pilot/gunner where your targets are, and what your doing.

Last edited by ~Smokey~ (2006-08-15 18:47:05)

Doliss
..I should be studying..
+5|6469|Sterling, VA
my problem is that unless i'm playing with RL friends i can hardly find a decent gunner.  When a friend of mine and i get on he'll rack up gold medal after gold medal with the kills.  I enjoy the gunner seat as well, but i'm a pilot at heart, so i find myself there most often.

I've spent time in both seats so i know how difficult the TV missle is to get good at, it takes practice....flat out...nothing else.  If i have a gunner that just lays on the gun when i'm lining him up with 4 or 5 second wide open shots at vehicles that he should use the TV missle on and doesn't, then i just stop lining him up on those shots and use my missles.  Just have to hope for a better gunner if we get shot down.

anyway, if there's some good gunners wanting to fly with a good pilot and can't find one hit me up on xfire, i'm always up for some flying and can't get enough...i'm a chopper whore, i'll admit it!  my xfire name is doliss
[AD]will_young[G36E]
spreader of the herpies
+33|6531|Down under, melbourne
im a damn good gunner, and so is my clan mate fullysick, i usualy pilot for him tho cos hes a greedy bastard, we get max 1 death a round. i have only seen fully miss 4 times whilst gunning for me, choppers and all.
OSS-CAPT-SPEIRS
+13|6733|Orange County, CA
I stopped flying in choppers because 1. I am a so-so pilot and 2. when I was a gunner it seemed like the overwhelming majority of the pilots I had flew like they didn't know or didn't care there was a gunner in the seat.   
Given this constant disconnect, I just gave it up, it is not worth the frustration.
Thumper
+10|6693
This thread seems full of airbags and TKing selfish assholes

Some of these guys I think I flown with

If I get a gunner that can't shoot or a pilot that can't fly I try and communicate with them

If they don't get it the first couple times I will get more hostile and say things like

"why don't you just crash into the ground so we can respawn"

or

"never mind that AAA"

or

"don't shoot at the tank with the gun, it does nothing expect pisses them and me off"

after this they either listen or don't come back

I can solo fine but spend so much time dodging jets that I can't get a good score
TheDoctor
The Original BF2 Timelord
+51|6534|Australia
im a good gunner and pilot, its just i really get shitted off when my crew mate tells me how to fly/gun just becouse i have a rank lower than them. Shit i have even been asked "can you use the TV",  then after getting a tank and a few other guys, then missing a IGLA 3 times then get told "you are a pizza hut noob",  "you cant gun." and "you are dumb". ironicly the twat couldnt even spell (i was corporal at the time)  I probably would of got it if the wank that was flying it acctually could keep it steady.

no wonder i'm a jet whore.
DirtyMexican
I knife Generals
+278|6538|Search Whore killing fields
Im great with the Tv missle and the Machine gun.. Im an ok pilot but I suaully get those gunners were if theres a full BH thye are going to miss everytime so after 2 trys from them Ill just ram it
TheEvilCubivore
+1|6587
Standing still in a Helicopter is suicide.

Or thats how it should. Those stupid ass ATs are too busy shooting the tank with 3 supply boxes instead of shooting the boxes or the helicopter hovering over the base

Im like the only one who ever kills them
Jenkinsbball
Banned
+149|6549|USA bitches!
I was actually going up against the leader of the clan I just joined while he was raping the tv station on Sharqi. He got me twice up there, so I spawned AT and shot him down w/ 2 rockets. He didn't even react to them, just sat there. What a noob.
Septimius2
+9|6469
well.. i am a noob.. been playing for about a week.. usualy i play sniper... getting used to maps etc etc..

but when i run out of ammo..

( and yes i call for some more.. and no.. i dont get it... even though the dude with the ammo icon above his head is 10 feet away from me .. i run after him.. he runs away.. gets in a car and takes off.. lol... )

ANYWAYS... so when i run out of ammo.. i usally try to find a tank or something.. occasionally i will go to the airport.. wait until a pilot shows up for one of them atttack choopers... and if no one else gets in the gunner seat.. i will...

but dam.. either im not aiming it right.. but it seems the pilot likes to keep the nose down where i cant see crap with the TV thingy.. so only thing i can use is the guns... 

then it never fails.. the pilot isnt really a pilot... and we crash...
Jenkinsbball
Banned
+149|6549|USA bitches!
If you can't see anything in tv mode, yell at the bitch and tell him to put the nose down. That, or just don't fly with him after you crash. If you learn to gun well, you can rule the skies.

Jump into Dalian Plant on single player, easiest difficulty, and learn how to fly the chopper there. Just have to cap the northern most flag for the chopper to appear. You can learn the PLA or US chopper on that map, so its all good.

I set my sensitivities to max and I have great response now. I can't fly unless they're all the way up there
8ball
+1|6741

DirtyMexican wrote:

Im great with the Tv missle and the Machine gun.. Im an ok pilot but I suaully get those gunners were if theres a full BH thye are going to miss everytime so after 2 trys from them Ill just ram it
wow what skill it takes to ram
i wish i were as good as u

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard