MastersMom
YOUR mom goes to college
+61|6647
Ok first off, to qualify this for the complaint forum, is it just me (God I hope not) or are there other gunners out there that just can't seem to find a decent chopper pilot to save your life.  Now, I can fly if I have to, and occasionally I can even get missles on target.  But I am a far better gunner than I am a pilot so if there is an empty seat I prefer the gunner seat but will take either one.

But over the past two weeks or so it seems like the only people I find can't shoot or fly...but especially can't fly.  They either don't seem to know that the gunner can use tv missles...cause they never line up for a shot, or they flat out can keep the damn thing steady.  So maybe then I'll fly, and it seems like my suspisions are confirmed when I sit with armor or another chopper lined up for like five minutes and all they do is lay into it with the damn guns.

Anyway, the main reason I'm posting this is to find out what kind of gunners we have out there.  On average, how often do you guys hit your targets?  For me I hit armor on probably 9 out of 10 shots...assuming they don't get behind cover.  Meaning that 1 out of 10 times I just flat out miss cause I'm an idiot...or my pilot is.  Chopper to chopper is way iffy though.  It all depends on the day.  On good days I can hit 4 out of 5 shots on choppers...but other days it seems like I couldn't hit a chopper to save my life...literally.  But I have to admitt, usually when I miss armor...and a bunch of times when I miss choppers I'm inclined to blame the pilot.  Not just to sluff off the blame, but because sometimes they move right at the last second, and throw off my aim and I can't correct fast enough.  Other times it looks like the missle passes right through the target and I get nothing.

Anyway, sorry for making a book out of this, but give me some feedback.  Thanks.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6485|N. Ireland
Second gunner - I'm fantastic with the laser-guided missile, can even hit moving choppers etc - once hit a live plane!

First gunner wise, I'm not the best - can't hover that well.
Brasso
+1,549|6622

Agreed.  Some pilots seem to be self-centered where they keep the nose of the chopper down for max. speed and then pull up to shoot, giving you half a second to line up the TV missle.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
slicknic
+145|6617
they are out there... i can do both, as well as most the people i know on xfire ^^ so just use xfire and hang out w/ people u know.   theres always a very smaaaallll chance to find someone decent in a pub... usually pubs like fhm (all dalian) will have some decent gunners/pilots... just hope u can get good one.
Mr.Unstoppable
+26|6460|New York!

MastersMom wrote:

Ok first off, to qualify this for the complaint forum, is it just me (God I hope not) or are there other gunners out there that just can't seem to find a decent chopper pilot to save your life.  Now, I can fly if I have to, and occasionally I can even get missles on target.  But I am a far better gunner than I am a pilot so if there is an empty seat I prefer the gunner seat but will take either one.

But over the past two weeks or so it seems like the only people I find can't shoot or fly...but especially can't fly.  They either don't seem to know that the gunner can use tv missles...cause they never line up for a shot, or they flat out can keep the damn thing steady.  So maybe then I'll fly, and it seems like my suspisions are confirmed when I sit with armor or another chopper lined up for like five minutes and all they do is lay into it with the damn guns.

Anyway, the main reason I'm posting this is to find out what kind of gunners we have out there.  On average, how often do you guys hit your targets?  For me I hit armor on probably 9 out of 10 shots...assuming they don't get behind cover.  Meaning that 1 out of 10 times I just flat out miss cause I'm an idiot...or my pilot is.  Chopper to chopper is way iffy though.  It all depends on the day.  On good days I can hit 4 out of 5 shots on choppers...but other days it seems like I couldn't hit a chopper to save my life...literally.  But I have to admitt, usually when I miss armor...and a bunch of times when I miss choppers I'm inclined to blame the pilot.  Not just to sluff off the blame, but because sometimes they move right at the last second, and throw off my aim and I can't correct fast enough.  Other times it looks like the missle passes right through the target and I get nothing.

Anyway, sorry for making a book out of this, but give me some feedback.  Thanks.
I feel you man.  I can't find a good pilot either.  I probably hit armor 8 out of 10 shots.  The missed shots caused by my pilot or me being completly retarted.  I hit helis probably 3 out of 5 shots.  I haven't perfected the tv missle technique and can't hit a heli when my pilot is pointing left when the heli is going right.  I find myself resorting to solo piloting pretty often.  Good luck with finding a good pilot!  BTW I am pretty good at flying but also better at gunning.
JaMDuDe
+69|6769
I get in the pilot seat when the chopper spawns, kill the gunner and do both so i dont have to worry about if they are good or not.
jord
+2,382|6670|The North, beyond the wall.

JaMDuDe wrote:

I get in the pilot seat when the chopper spawns, kill the gunner and do both so i dont have to worry about if they are good or not.
And when you die you get the person you Tk'd, constantly Tking you for being a dick,well i would anyway.

Last edited by jord (2006-08-14 14:59:05)

AvengingAngel
+3|6523|St Louis
ill be the 1st to admit...i cant hit a freaking thing with the tv missle...i get lucky now and then...but i just cant do it...i fly all the time...and i do very well at that....i just seem to never get a good gunner
JaMDuDe
+69|6769

jord wrote:

JaMDuDe wrote:

And when you die you get the person you Tk'd, constantly Tking you for being a dick,well i would anyway.
Thats why i play on servers where FF is off Then i can go out of bounds to kill him and if he wants revenge they cant do a thing.
[RaWr]-Impsux
Have Guns, Will Travel.
+28|6548
I'm quite proficient in the elements of owning noobs with a helicopter. Any fellow chopper whores, hit me up on Xfire.

Xfire- impsux
jord

JaMDuDe wrote:

jord wrote:

JaMDuDe wrote:

Thats why i play on servers where FF is off Then i can go out of bounds to kill him and if he wants revenge they cant do a thing.
Thats pretty smart i'l admit.

Obviously i would ran you with a Jet/Transport heli/ATV.

Last edited by jord (2006-08-14 15:05:20)

Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6766|Noizyland

My favourite pilot at the moment is GotMex, cause he's a member here so I can remember his name. He knows how to fly and make sure the gunner can do his job. Chuy is pretty good too, he lines up nice TV shots for me, although he thinks I'm stupid and starts yelling at me, "TVTVTV!!!"

It is a relief when you find a good pilot - also when you get into the gunners seat with a good pilot and that fucking muppet with the M95 dosn't shoot you out.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6623|949

that is exactly why I started piloting only, and occasionally soloing.  Now I only gun if I personally know the pilot, otherwise I will just fly.  I was getting too fed up with all the pilots that just go into battle, hovering and cruising along like they are on a sight-seeing tour, let alone set me up for a shot or pay attention to the "Enemy Helicopter Spotted" I am spamming.

EDIT: If you are on the west coast or play on west coast servers, look me up...[WU]KEN-JENNINGS.  I will fly or gun for anyone that is good.  If you gun, you don't have to hit everything, just try

Last edited by KEN-JENNINGS (2006-08-14 15:09:26)

Reject_Wolf
Former Karkand Addict
+32|6574|Windsor, Ontario, Canada
I think I am a great pilot, I'll set you up for TV missile shots as much as possible and I never stand still, I will circle the enemy, if you ever want to fly with me, just find me using bf2s.com.  Lately I have been having trouble  finding guys who can hit choppers with the TVs, so I am all up for someone who can.
HOLLYWOOD=_=FTW=_=
+31|6543
I can do both very well and solo gunning pretty damn good too i can pull off some crazy ass shots solo gunnin
JohnnyBlanco
+44|6562|England

JaMDuDe wrote:

i hate having to do that, but when a private jumps in......
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6740|Mark it zero.
i can gun and fly pretty well. when i fly i rarely ever use my own missiles, i let the gunner do all the work. i only use mine if its needed. like earlier today i had a gunner and i was lining him up perfectly for TV shots and all he would do is shoot the gun at it. so i take it out myself. then he says i need to line him up for things so he can use the TV missile. i've been flying for quite some time and i know eactly how to line up the shots. so i continue to line him up and he would still just shoot the main gun. then once he finally tried to use the TV and he completely missed a tank that was sitting in a wide open road and not moving... lol. i swear its hopeless to try and find a decent gunner   i know that there are tons out there but i cant ever find them.
kawasaki11
+2|6537

MastersMom wrote:

stfu nubcake and just tk ur gunner by zonekilling then go solo thats what the pros do
jord

kawasaki11 wrote:

MastersMom wrote:

stfu nubcake and just tk ur gunner by zonekilling then go solo thats what the pros do
Ha.Ha.Ha...
MastersMom
YOUR mom goes to college
+61|6647
Thanks for all the replies...good to know it's not just me.  Like I said, I'm a decent pilot but a couple guys I usually play with are way better than me at flying...and I'm better than them at gunning.  But we're on different schedules at work now so we don't get to play often.  I still go on empty servers frequently to work on my piloting skills and mainly putting the pilot's missles on target.  Hopefully I'll get good enough to where I can fly and if my gunner sucks I'll just take the targets myself.  Right now though, I crash into the ground all too often when I try to take targets out with the pilot's missles.

As for solo flying/gunning.  I know that's been getting more popular lately...and due to the lack of good pilots and gunners I can understand why...but can someone give me an idea of how you do this???  I've tried it but when I switch seats the chopper spins before I can get a shot off.  Any tricks you guys can share with me??
slicknic
+145|6617
aim your chopper to left of your target, then by time u can shoot the tv, it will be aligned... and u can shoot then dont worry bout what chopper does.  but if u wait to long ull just have to just try again and turn even futher left of target.
Jbrar
rawr
+86|6533|Winterpeg, Canada
line up the chopper, quick switch and quick firing of the tv missile, the way I do it. And if ur looking for pilots, i was just dicking off on the demo yesterday, found a bunch of sweet chopper pilots, got me atleast 20 kills in a 10 min round.
renejak
+4|6717|in the back of your mind......
its all in the fingers... you have to be quick to do it.... but cant help smiling when blowing down a full chopper lol.

howcome i never find a good gunner.... always seems to get stuck with the fool that sprays tanks with the canon....... hate it.....
pat2187
+0|6743
My favorite is what happened to me on Saturday. I had the pilots seat and saw that there was the enemy attack helo molesting our spawn island ( Wake ). I close some distance and level out keeping it steady a moment..wait...wait...wait...then the cannon starts firing. Over ... and over. I manage to type "Missle!" and one fires off in a straight line off to the right. No one seemed to be able to use the TV at all. Very crucial on that Wake map to clear the armor for ground troops. *sigh*
[THE] comben
Wee and Biscuits
+43|6525|Cardiff
i dunno weather this helps anyone or not and its a bit off topic i guess.  when i upped the helicopter sensitivity up to 6 flying choppers became really, really easy tbh.  'cept its still nailz to tell where ur chopper tail is going thru streets.  'watch out for that sign'  'what sign.....'?  bang ..etc

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard