GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6762

I'm not one to say that this was nooblike or just plain stupid... but it was. I joined a Wake server as PLA and got ready to ride the attack chopper. Some guy comes in a car just in time for the respawn and gets in the pilot seat. That's cool so far, I can be gunner or pilot, np, so I just get in. Next, I see what I assume was his buddy (didn't seen clan tags yet) running towards the chopper and I get a prompt "Bail Out!".

Normally, I'd bail and let them ride because they probably got some good techniques going but I wanted to ride and I paid my 50 bucks for the game so I just replied with some "Hit it!". Promptly, he responded with a msg:
-"Have it your way"-
I immediatelly figured he was gonna try and crash the chopper but I had hopes of non-noobness from his part, so he flew straight up, flipped the chopper over and bailed out leaving me to die.

Now, sure I've fought people before for chopper, even a little tking here and there, BUT WHAT THE HELL WAS THE POINT OF THAT can anyone explain to me??? I guess it was kinda funny.

Oh and instead of taking it like a man and just giving up, I respawned around the flag area and launched a grenade straight at the chopper sight and perfectly tked him. Then I typed "Have it your way!". I guess I'm a noob too, oh well.
GotMex?
+193|6762

Oh I forgot, at the end, I got the tank from the Airfiled and was on my way to Northbase when I see the chopper hovering over the flag. I was truly past the chopper thing but I still felt like I had to shoot an honorary tank round in the direction. I even led the chopper a bit and aimed higher, with the intention of hitting it but of course didn't expect anything to happen.

Well I'll be dammed but I hit the chopper and since it had damage already it smoked for a bit, then blew up, and with those two tks I was kicked. Damn proud of that shot though...
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6813
I really dont like it when people dont get out of my helo/plane/car etc. I probably would've done the same...
Sud
+0|6747
You deserved it. Two people who are coordinated, and often working together IRL with ventrilo or other such resources are much more valuable to the team than you sitting in the gunner spot. Not only do you take three people out of the action for god knows how long, you deny the team the chopper support it likely needs to push bases.

News flash: your $50 doesn't entitle you to anything. If two people are better suited to a vehicle, you should willingly and promptly defer it to them.

Why is it always the worst newbs who run for the vehicles first?
thinner44
+1|6809
I'll always give up my seat to a more experienced pilot/gunner/driver. I see the original posters POV though, he has paid $50 for the game which entitles him to do exactly what he wants, even if some others consider it 'noobish' (cough, spit)... It's up to the more experienced to EXPLAIN why he used 'bail out', just using it doesn't mean you have a right to it.
The first and last time I sat in the pilot's seat of an attack heli, a guy gets in as gunner, starts with the 'bail out', I politely ask him why, he explains... and I say, fair enough, and to be honest, he was true to his word, they went on to almost dominate the round.

The more experienced gamers have no right to tell anyone how to play, what to leave, or what to do... the emphasis is on the word 'tell' .... sure they can guide, explain, even coerce.... but to 'tell' someone that's paid for the game isn't right and proper... a 'noob' (grrrr) has the same rights as any of us.

Sud says "Why is it always the worst newbs who run for the vehicles first?" . My answer, because without trying means they won't get as good as you

GotMex?, I probably wouldn't have done the TK thing though. If you get on a server and there's someone that's a real 'pain in the rear', don't lower yourself into a constant TK situation, just change servers, you'll probably feel much better for it
ClarkVent
+0|6747

Sud wrote:

You deserved it. Two people who are coordinated, and often working together IRL with ventrilo or other such resources are much more valuable to the team than you sitting in the gunner spot.
That's complete and utter BS. It just so happens this happened to me yesterday too (and many times before). Two clan members were whoring the chopper and at one time I got into the gunner seat. I got the "bail out" but didn't so he flipped the chopper, bailed out himself and got me killed.

These guys were doing nothing whatsoever to help the team win the round, all they were interested in was getting as much kills as possible. They camped around respawn spots and bases while the chopper could and should have been used to support the troops on the ground. In fact, we lost round after round because we didn't get any support from the chopper when we needed it. So at the end of each round, they went away with the gold and silver medals while our team lost the round.

So don't talk BS about two people being coordinated and being valuable for the team while all they are doing is whoring the chopper and getting their stats up. How do they know *I* am not the better pilot or gunner and more valuable to the team? They don't. They are just after easy kills. Write down any of these people's tags and look them up in the stats. You'll see they've got a tremendous amount of tk's on their hands because they couldn't care less if they "accidently" kill a few teammates if it means they can get their stats up.

I've been playing BF2 for 2 months now and that's the problem with this game: there are just too many adolescent a-holes in this game who are less than interested in teamplay.
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6782|The Hague, Holland
Rico's rule considering this matter :

When somebody is being a prick, Its only fair to return the favor.
BladeRunner
+5|6748|UK

Sud wrote:

You deserved it. Two people who are coordinated, and often working together IRL with ventrilo or other such resources are much more valuable to the team than you sitting in the gunner spot. Not only do you take three people out of the action for god knows how long, you deny the team the chopper support it likely needs to push bases.

News flash: your $50 doesn't entitle you to anything. If two people are better suited to a vehicle, you should willingly and promptly defer it to them.

Why is it always the worst newbs who run for the vehicles first?
Of course, the first time you ever got in a heli on a game you were 733t immediately? You never mind when someone better than you comes along and tells you to get the hell out of THEIR heli or they'll kill you? If you never let anyone else fly how do you know they aren't as naturally gifted?
ayb
+0|6754|Orlando, FL
gunning in the atack chopper is one of the few things you CAN'T practice on your own. thank god idiots like sud are in the minority.
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6770|AUS, Canberra
if someone had a cry about me being in a chopper and then tried to tk me over it id hunt them down for the rest of the round, everyone has the right to everything on every map equaly.......
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp

the_heart_attack wrote:

if someone had a cry about me being in a chopper and then tried to tk me over it id hunt them down for the rest of the round, everyone has the right to everything on every map equaly.......
Word
BladeRunner
+5|6748|UK

Sgt.Gh0st wrote:

the_heart_attack wrote:

Word
Excel (lent)
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp

BladeRunner wrote:

Sgt.Gh0st wrote:

the_heart_attack wrote:

Word
Excel (lent)
Rofl
BladeRunner
+5|6748|UK
Vintageologist
Tankbuster
+31|6757|Vienna, Austria

ClarkVent wrote:

So don't talk BS about two people being coordinated and being valuable for the team while all they are doing is whoring the chopper and getting their stats up. How do they know *I* am not the better pilot or gunner and more valuable to the team? They don't. They are just after easy kills. Write down any of these people's tags and look them up in the stats. You'll see they've got a tremendous amount of tk's on their hands because they couldn't care less if they "accidently" kill a few teammates if it means they can get their stats up.
That's what pisses me off so much... it's always the guys with their lame clans who think they havethe right to own every plane/Chopper/whatsoever just because they are a "team" in a clan. WHo the fuck cares if they are together in their clan? Fine... go playing on you Clanserver, but not on public.

Rule #1 on public servers: FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE

If you are lucky and spawn near the vehicle it's your right to get into it if it's still unmanned. Period.
No "Hey we are a clan and need to fly together, get out or we'll kill you"-shit.
BladeRunner
+5|6748|UK

Vintageologist wrote:

ClarkVent wrote:

That's what pisses me off so much... it's always the guys with their lame clans who think they havethe right to own every plane/Chopper/whatsoever just because they are a "team" in a clan. WHo the fuck cares if they are together in their clan? Fine... go playing on you Clanserver, but not on public.

Rule #1 on public servers: FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE

If you are lucky and spawn near the vehicle it's your right to get into it if it's still unmanned. Period.
No "Hey we are a clan and need to fly together, get out or we'll kill you"-shit.
Publisher
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6765|Cambridge (UK)

BladeRunner wrote:

Publisher
Visio
Sud
+0|6747

ayb wrote:

gunning in the atack chopper is one of the few things you CAN'T practice on your own. thank god idiots like sud are in the minority.
Idiotic minority? More like idiotic majority, such as yourself.

#1 Rule of public servers: do what it takes to help YOUR TEAM win.

You're just another one of those selfish little pricks who denies the team key resources because baby didn't get his bottle. I will gladly relent a vehicle to someone who is my better if it helps the team, because unlike your limited tunnel vision into the game, I'm quite aware that if they aren't out in the front doing what they do best EVERYONE on the team loses. Of course, it doesn't matter unless you get your 5 minutes of fun before your chopper is shot down because you were busy trying to gun a medic running around while an enemy tank is unloading into you.

This is why the public gameplay in BF2 is so crappy. People think this is unreal tournament where they can go around randomly shooting and getting OMG ULTRA KILL BOOM HEADSHOT ROFL IM DA MAN ZOMG. They ignore flags, they never pick support classes, they have TKathons on their own heli pad, and I can't even get out of my vehicle to repair it without them making a mad dash to it to try to take it for themselves. They grab a tank right at the beginning of the round, leaving engineers (a kit that's absolutely worthless for anything but vehicle play) so they can drive their special forces over to C4 the enemy artillery, then do a little spawn camping before they die two seconds later (because they don't have a clue how to drive armor).
GotMex?
+193|6762

Sgt.Gh0st wrote:

BladeRunner wrote:

Sgt.Gh0st wrote:

Word
Excel (lent)
Rofl
Powerpoint lol

I see there's people on both sides of the issue. I'm usually pretty easy going about letting clan members ride together so I liked thinner44's suggestion about actually asking why I should bail out. I can see some responses being "Because I said so noob" so I guess I'll just play it by ear when the situation arrises.

Oh and on a sidenote for Sud... I can guarantee you I was a much better attack chopper fighter than these two when it comes to helping the team. I'm not in it for the pts, I'm in it for support so I make it my priority to take out tanks, misc vehicles, and other attack choppers. They would fly trying to get pts for their own good.
Sud
+0|6747
Sud says "Why is it always the worst newbs who run for the vehicles first?" . My answer, because without trying means they won't get as good as you
I personally familiarized myself with the vehicles in single player before attempting to use them in a real game. If someone is decent in a vehicle, I don't mind, but when you see the SAME person losing their tank within one minute of getting it four times in a row, something's got to give. That person single handedly lost the game as well for his team (it was mashtur, and the team REALLY needed that tank to help push).

Of course, the first time you ever got in a heli on a game you were 733t immediately?
Yes, I was. I practiced it in single player BEFORE taking it out and embarassing myself. At least, the bots weren't complaining.

That's complete and utter BS. It just so happens this happened to me yesterday too (and many times before). Two clan members were whoring the chopper and at one time I got into the gunner seat. I got the "bail out" but didn't so he flipped the chopper, bailed out himself and got me killed.

These guys were doing nothing whatsoever to help the team win the round, all they were interested in was getting as much kills as possible.
And you're helping the team how by preventing them from doing so? It's quite obvious one clanner is NOT going to abandon his kin to fly you. You know this is an unreasonable expectation. Yet you linger in the gunner seat why? Guess what man, whoring the chopper results in dead enemies, which results in your team being able to capture objectives easier due to a lack of reenforcements. Given the choice to have someone "whoring" the chopper and killing enemies vs two uncoordinated people bumbling about getting shot out of the air by tanks, I'll take the whores.

Everyone has the right to a good and balanced game, not one team massacuring the other because people can't get their priorities straight and put the best man for the job in the position he needs to be into.

There's nothing like luck to ruin what should be a game of skill, eh. I love your blatant disregard for anyone but yourself. Doesn't matter to you that the engineer kit is worthless outside a tank, your assault spawned two steps closer to a tank than did your allied engineer, haw haw sucker! Now it's time to pwn lawl. Have fun killing with your pump action shotgun of suckage Mr. Engineer! Now you're off to waste the tank 2 minutes later when you fail to see that AT mine!

TEAM game people. Not "OMG ME ME ME ME ME" game. TEAM game.

Oh and on a sidenote for Sud... I can guarantee you I was a much better attack chopper fighter than these two when it comes to helping the team. I'm not in it for the pts, I'm in it for support so I make it my priority to take out tanks, misc vehicles, and other attack choppers. They would fly trying to get pts for their own good.
If that's TRULY the case then I would say you're in the right. My main point being that the vehicle resources should be allocated to those that can best use them to ensure the team's victory. Joe Newby can practice his flying in a private game, and gunning opportunities in a pub are quite numerous (myself and a lot of people don't actually like going gunner because of the fact there are so many BAD pilots that will simply plow into the nearest mountain the moment some medic on the ground opens fire with his AK at them).

Last edited by Sud (2005-11-06 09:43:57)

ClarkVent
+0|6747

Sud wrote:

ayb wrote:

Idiotic minority? More like idiotic majority, such as yourself.

#1 Rule of public servers: do what it takes to help YOUR TEAM win.
And that means whoring the choppers and not helping your ground troops? That means base-raping while leaving that single enemy capping your flag? That means trying to get as many kills and in the mean time killing a few teammates that are trying to cap a flag?

Your post shows such a lack of knowledge of the game, it isn't even funny anymore.

You're just another one of those selfish little pricks who denies the team key resources because baby didn't get his bottle. I will gladly relent a vehicle to someone who is my better if it helps the team, because unlike your limited tunnel vision into the game, I'm quite aware that if they aren't out in the front doing what they do best EVERYONE on the team loses. Of course, it doesn't matter unless you get your 5 minutes of fun before your chopper is shot down because you were busy trying to gun a medic running around while an enemy tank is unloading into you.
Have you even been in a game with chopper whores? They don't care shit about team play. All they care about is their stats. They will not help troops on the ground, they will go wherever they can get the most kills without being killed themselves - and that isn't necessarily where your troops need the choppers the most.

Another thing that happened yesterday: I saw two clan-guys whoring the chopper on the other team, so I climb in an AA turret and killed them 5 times in a row (yes, the AA turret can be very effective if you know how). This pissed them off so much, they spend the rest of the round (and the round after that) chasing me (while I had long left the turrets and went on helping my team). Now how did that help their team? It didn't. Their team got chopped up real good and they didn't even bother to help them.

So it's actually exactly the opposite of what you are claiming. They are the ones who want to be "Da b0mb I p0wn U bad", not the guys who occasionaly want to ride the chopper too and who might be even better pilots/gunners. Being a good gunner isn't exactly rocket-science (pun not intended).

They grab a tank right at the beginning of the round, leaving engineers (a kit that's absolutely worthless for anything but vehicle play)
The Engineering kit absolutely worthless for anything but vehicle play? What game are you playing? It shows that you haven't taken a second's worth of thought how you can actually help your team as an engineer. I suggest you go back to playing C&C.
[RL]Tarasque
+0|6765|Trondheim, Norway
Never in my life have i seen so many dumb f..c's post's in one single section, bunch of eletist piece of shit. Save your designed roles for clan matches, where somone give a crap. Public is first come first serve, or i'll be damn sure to get you game session ruined in a never ending spawn cycle. No how can that possibly benefit the faction
Sud
+0|6747
And that means whoring the choppers and not helping your ground troops? That means base-raping while leaving that single enemy capping your flag? That means trying to get as many kills and in the mean time killing a few teammates that are trying to cap a flag?

Your post shows such a lack of knowledge of the game, it isn't even funny anymore.
Rofl Clark, tell you what, first work on getting a 1:1 ratio with that assault of yours, then you can make comments as to other people's knowledge of the game, k?

If they're whoring an area and KILLING A LOT OF PEOPLE, that puts YOUR TEAM at the advantage. Especially if the enemy gets mad at them and spends their resources trying to purge them. They also often keep other enemy aircraft OFF your troops such as planes and other choppers because choppers are an absolute plane magnet. If they're whoring, and having a degree of success at inflating their stats, you should have more than enough resources free to deal with anything else. That is, of course, unless your team is filled with negative ratio players.

Another thing that happened yesterday: I saw two clan-guys whoring the chopper on the other team, so I climb in an AA turret and killed them 5 times in a row (yes, the AA turret can be very effective if you know how). This pissed them off so much, they spend the rest of the round (and the round after that) chasing me (while I had long left the turrets and went on helping my team). Now how did that help their team? It didn't. Their team got chopped up real good and they didn't even bother to help them.
It didn't. Those are called newbs. They have no place in a chopper because they suck to begin with: 1. to die repeatedly to anti-teammate stingers 2. actually be stupid enough to use the chopper to try to kill ONE person.

So it's actually exactly the opposite of what you are claiming.
And that is because it's the exact opposite of the situation I'm talking about. The best assets to the team should be in the places they perform best. Those two blatant nubs aren't fit to squeegee the windshield of a chopper, let alone fly it.

The Engineering kit absolutely worthless for anything but vehicle play? What game are you playing? It shows that you haven't taken a second's worth of thought how you can actually help your team as an engineer. I suggest you go back to playing C&C.
Oh man, that's rich. You obviously don't have a clue what you're talking about. First, I suggest you do a little research on the effectiveness of shotguns in BF2. Take a look at the average K ratios of players with shotguns. Hell, YOU get a higher ratio with PISTOLS than shotguns, so even you have to be able to understand this point. Second, AT mines are hilariously ineffective. They're huge and easy to spot, and they have this nifty red skull and crossbones that hovers above them making them useless vs anything except the odd dork in a jihad jeep (and even most of them have enough sense to stop and toss a hand grenade on your mines). Oh, they are great for tking though, because the moment you put them in a well travelled enemy path, your nearest ally will roll his APC over them then punish you when he dies. Third, engineer gets nowhere near the ability of team support that medic or even support gets. You get almost no points for repairing due to the reward caps on repair abilities. You have to sit there and micro your wrench repair, making sure the guy in the tank doesn't roll you over, and then you're a sitting duck to be blasted at the enemy's convenience. Both support and medic can make healing/ammo bags to support when he personally is not around (engineer? yep, shafted again).

So, the Engineer kit gets weak weaponry, a weak class utility (AT mines), and weak support abilities. The question is now, what game are YOU playing? Team Fortress Classic?
Guruz
Sir
+20|6837|government yard in trenchtown.
I definately agree with the "1st come, 1st serve"-rule.
I'm completely satisfied if somebody gets a vehicle before me. Then I'll just get the gunner position.
But one thing I cant stand is the people who use those (sometimes) valuable jeeps as a taxi to the "better" vehicle.
At least I'm happy with a jeep, because I'll get to capture the nearest flag a lot faster than that vehicle-obsessed guy.
TrevorP
+0|6792
Yeah Your in the wrong this time.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard