MrHibs
+15|6651|Scotland
After 300 odd hours I've just started to use a jet.  I'm finally starting to get there and am improving all the time.

The only thing that I seem to have gone backwards on is bombing tanks, etc on the ground.  I think I must be releasing the bombs too late as I don't seem to have many bomb kills recently >

It's strange because my air to air kills have improved dramatically but bombs just seem to miss all the time just now.

Does anyone have any tips?  When should I be releasing my bombs??

Last edited by MrHibs (2006-08-14 13:52:12)

jord
+2,382|6687|The North, beyond the wall.
Alls i can say is what i do.Go high,and divebomb,worked for me.
Darkhelmet
cereal killer
+233|6759|the middle of nowhere

jord wrote:

Alls i can say is what i do.Go high,and divebomb,worked for me.
Yes that works for me. Always. Then I crash afterwards cuz my joystick isn't working too well because its being eaten from the inside by little greenish gnomes.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6502|N. Ireland
My Saitek Cyborg 3D, costing me 4.04 including postage is the best damn joystick I've ever had. I can fly an Aviator really quite well now, 19-3 was my best so far.
comet241
+164|6774|Normal, IL
as everyone else mentioned, divebombing works wonders for me, but thats only in the fighter. the tip is to go high when you spot a target, jerk down on him at a very steep angle. release so that the bombs will pretty much go where you go (if you kept going, pull up!!!!) and rinse and repeat.

the bombers are a little different. you have 5 bombs and they have retarders that more or less make them "float", as im sure you know with 300 hours playing..... basically, what i do with them is carpet bomb, works wonders. i release, at a tank for example, a second or two before i get to the target at a low-mid hight, making it so that the last bomb is being released just as im passing over the top of them (release closer to them if they are headed away) and you will get a kill almost every single time.

I dont have too much jet time either, but this is what ive learned so far.....
MrHibs
+15|6651|Scotland
Cheers for the tips!

+1 all round

Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6558|UK

Dive bomb probably is the best way, but in situations you see a large crop of infantry or armour and you dont have the time to clime.  At 100% thrust you should release about a second or so before you pass over the target.  Takes a bit of fine tuning, you should go into rear view and watch where the bombs land.  Probably best to do this on an empty server/single player game.  Eventually you wil get the hang of it, you can judge how good you are getting by the amount of kick votes and abuse you get on a server .

Good luck,

ps, MON THE CELTIC
Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6632|Camp XRay

I would say it depends on the jet as well. The f35 is a good bombing fighter(all though you might as well put a pistol to your head and kill yourself because that is basiclly what your doing everytime you take off in it), and the mig is very good as well plus it is a lot better fighter. And then there is the j10 very fast which means if you release the bombs parallel to the ground they will spread father apart. Dive bombing works well with the j10 though because it is the easiest to pull out of a hard dive.
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
IBKCKNURASS
Corrosion Inhibitor
+172|6746
Best Tip you will ever receive for bombing runs.

Use the backwards view to see how well your hitting your target, adjust as necessary.
You should be using this automatically to see where your target it going so you can line them up for the next run.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard