JaM3z
Banned
+311|6731
yawn

*tumbleweed*
sgt.sonner
the electric eel has got me by the brain banana
+146|6553|Denmizzark!!
Your verbal skills intimidates me into submission..
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6662|Burmecia, Land of the Rain
yay! i r teh winnar! ^_^
sgt.sonner
the electric eel has got me by the brain banana
+146|6553|Denmizzark!!
Damn!
Windrider_Melb
Pwned so often there's an IPO.
+29|6525|Melbourne, Australia
Errrmmm.... I can't imagine how you did this stunt...

If you drive one vehicle at a time back to the base, then jump in a buggy and head back... surely the stolen gear will blow-up and respawn by the time you get the next piece back?

Or are you stealing them all at the same time, driving one 50 metres then running back and driving another 50 metres to join it, and so on. Thus moving the vehicles as a herd? That would be very impressive. In fact, to have 63 other players ignore you while doing it would be... almost unbelieveable.

\\'
spawnofthemist
Banned
unbelievable.. but it happened..

Grand Theft Auto: Zatar Wetlands.
DeadboyUSMC
+65|6719|NCFSU2

Windrider_Melb wrote:

Errrmmm.... I can't imagine how you did this stunt...

If you drive one vehicle at a time back to the base, then jump in a buggy and head back... surely the stolen gear will blow-up and respawn by the time you get the next piece back?

Or are you stealing them all at the same time, driving one 50 metres then running back and driving another 50 metres to join it, and so on. Thus moving the vehicles as a herd? That would be very impressive. In fact, to have 63 other players ignore you while doing it would be... almost unbelieveable.

\\'
It didn't happen. Like you said, the time it takes to travel between the bases is too long for the counter and not to mention that any number of players would/could have just gotten into a vehicle to use them makes this stunt impossible.

This thread can also be interpreted as: attention whoring.
spawnofthemist
Banned
it DID happen.
i was there.
saw it.
laughed.

attention whoring?

wow. get out more?
eagles1106
+269|6604|Marlton, New Jersey.

Snake wrote:

Bet you didnt steal the RIBS
Why would he (I know I wouldn't), they didn't even have BBQ sauce on them!

Last edited by eagles1106 (2006-08-13 19:07:45)

Windrider_Melb

spawnofthemist wrote:

it DID happen.
i was there.
saw it.
laughed.
Well, was it one-at-a-time or as a herd?
DeadboyUSMC
+65|6719|NCFSU2

spawnofthemist wrote:

it DID happen.
i was there.
saw it.
laughed.

attention whoring?

wow. get out more?
I get out all of the time. Part of the job. Anyway, looks to me like I'm not the one who needs to get out more, and yes, it is attention whoring.

It's pretty cute that Nyte has a protector, anonymous internet assholes pair up quite well.

Cheers!
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6772|Toronto, ON
What the hell.  It takes a long time before those APC's/Tank's blow up from unuse. It only takes like a minute to get from the MEC base to the airfield on Zatar on an APC.

And you people must have missed the part where I said I entered/exited the armor/vehicle continuously to reset timer.
Alpha as fuck.
Snakeyezzz
Banned
+10|6680
you are full of crap NYTE........when you steal all the vehicles....assuming you could do so...they would self destruct from lack of use so you're full of crap.

nice try tho....LAMER!!!!
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6771|Chicago.

Snakeyezzz wrote:

you are full of crap NYTE........when you steal all the vehicles....assuming you could do so...they would self destruct from lack of use so you're full of crap.

nice try tho....LAMER!!!!
STFU and read...

Nyte wrote:

And you people must have missed the part where I said I entered/exited the armor/vehicle continuously to reset timer.
You are full of crap for your lack of attention.

Last edited by BigmacK (2006-08-13 19:30:38)

eagles1106
I'm not doubting that you did this Nyte and in no way are trying to insult you but um, GOD DAMN the other team must have sucked to let this happen...
Not
Great success!
+216|6597|Chandler, AZ
Before you claim it's impossible, take an APC out of your base and just let it sit there. See how long it takes to blow up, and find an empty Zatar server and give it a shot. Those FAV's move real fast, and once an APC gets moving it's not a snail either. Zatar isn't an enormous map really. As far as how he did it with that many people in the server? I really don't know, maybe it wasn't even full? Either way it's not "impossible" just improbable. But I've seen some much more improbable things happen in BF2 than this.

I steal your snobby doubt OK?

Last edited by Not (2006-08-13 19:34:09)

Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6764|Reality
I guess Nyte has to do it again, with Fraps or Battle Recorder.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
Snakeyezzz
Banned
+10|6680
and  300 tickets is NOT a RANKED server.......so big deal...it wouldnt work on a RANKED server .
Not
Great success!
+216|6597|Chandler, AZ

Snakeyezzz wrote:

and  300 tickets is NOT a RANKED server.......so big deal...it wouldnt work on a RANKED server .
/wrists

Try playing on a server with a 64 man map....it's 300 tickets. Ranked.

On second thought, take my first advice and just /wrists.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v307/ … tfunub.jpg

There's a screenshot of the 16 man server I own. It's on 64 man Zatar. Notice the 300 tickets. Also notice that I've activated all my unlocks. So yes, it's ranked.

Please stop talking.

Last edited by Not (2006-08-13 19:48:31)

eagles1106

Not wrote:

Before you claim it's impossible, take an APC out of your base and just let it sit there. See how long it takes to blow up, and find an empty Zatar server and give it a shot. Those FAV's move real fast, and once an APC gets moving it's not a snail either. Zatar isn't an enormous map really. As far as how he did it with that many people in the server? I really don't know, maybe it wasn't even full? Either way it's not "impossible" just improbable. But I've seen some much more improbable things happen in BF2 than this.

I steal your snobby doubt OK?
Still,  if you cant kill a fav and catch an apc thats running away you suck pretty bad...
And I also want to know how many people were actually in the spawnpoint when he stole them...
Not
Great success!
+216|6597|Chandler, AZ
Oh I agree Eagles, they had to be terrible, lol =P
spawnofthemist
Banned

Not wrote:

Snakeyezzz wrote:

/wrists

Try playing on a server with a 64 man map....it's 300 tickets. Ranked.

On second thought, take my first advice and just /wrists.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v307/ … tfunub.jpg

There's a screenshot of the 16 man server I own. It's on 64 man Zatar. Notice the 300 tickets. Also notice that I've activated all my unlocks. So yes, it's ranked.

Please stop talking.
lol.
fucking owned.
i like you.
Windrider_Melb

Nyte wrote:

What the hell.  It takes a long time before those APC's/Tank's blow up from unuse. It only takes like a minute to get from the MEC base to the airfield on Zatar on an APC.

So was it one at a time or as a herd?

No I didn't miss that part, you just never explained how you did it.

And I was a little confused, in the OP you said "home base" which I took to mean the US UNCAP - but here you clearly state that it was the airbase, which I suppose is a lot closer to the MEC Base.

I could have sworn that empty vehicles didn't explode on a timer - that they actually got "damaged" over time until they started flaming and blew-up. This would mean you'd not only have to jump in and out but repair them somehow too (crates? wrench?). But I am probably wrong on this.

It's a great story - I wish I could get even just one tank across Zatar without the enemy bombing it to smithereens! That must have been a few APCs, an AA a Tank...

Did you empty The Farm too?

\\'
Burks
+2|6663
I like to get a jeep full of people and head toward all the enemy vehicle spawns. Jack all the armor and just blow the hell out of the enemy. Really pisses people off. You get a lot of "your a armur whore" type of crap but oh well, should have grabbed it first!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard