Bravery
+-1|6762
How the fuck are you supposed to get the Staff Officer Ribbon when the points from Artillery now cost absolutely nothing. This is bullshit, a round is fucking way less then 28 minutes in the first place, and you can't get 50 at all anymore because the artillery kill points don't count.
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6763|AUS, Canberra
i got mine after the patch, and if the only way you can score points as commander is by arty you musnt be a very good one and prob dont deserve the ribbon
BF2dude
+1|6768
Just keep trying and you should get it.
[Ahazi] Kaika
The Suicidal Soldier
+3|6754

Bravery wrote:

How the fuck are you supposed to get the Staff Officer Ribbon when the points from Artillery now cost absolutely nothing. This is bullshit, a round is fucking way less then 28 minutes in the first place, and you can't get 50 at all anymore because the artillery kill points don't count.
Get it before installing 1.03
=ST6=SewerMaster
AK Whore
+152|6789|Barrington, RI
I got mine after the patch on a 64 player Kubra Dam that had like 12 players, the round lasted a long time and I ended up with 58 commander points by the end of the round and my team didn't even win, but I still managed to beat out everyone for points and got jipped of a gold star because of a guy that was owning it up with a plane so much that someone on the other team said he must be cheating and kept compalining until the admin gave in abd kicked the guy that was owning, but his score stayed.  and the round lasted a very long time.  Oh and I was the USMC.

Last edited by sewermasta324 (2005-11-05 14:11:33)

dalfiuss
+1|6823
Your commander score is simply the average of your team.  I didn't think artillery kills every added into it?

To get it easily just find a 64 player mapsize with 32 or less people on it.  You are guarenteed to play for enough time, and as long as your team isn't ridiculously bad you should be able to get the points.
Tigg@lot
noob on tour
+1|6767|NRW,Germany
I got mine on a full 64 player Kubra Dam game after the patch. Ours and the enemy team were quite balanced so the round lasted long and the teams made high scores.
Chanquad
+-1|6781|Sweden
You have never gotten points for artillery kills in BF2! NEVER!! You have to make your team work good together and make the team have high average points.
Stasiek
Pojebany Hlop
+1|6832|Sicily, Italy
you never did get points for arty kills.  there is a topic here (a good one) on how a commander gets points, read it. 

you will need (your team and the other team) to have a fairly tight fight till the end, just keep on trying and you might get lucky.
kleomenes
+0|6758
Play a 500 or 300 point round. I played a 300 point round for 40 min.
VirtuaLResistancE
ArmChair Warrior
+4|6748|NH - USA
Got mine without trying and I'm a newbie commander for the most part.

Big map, long time, we won. 183 points. I was thrilled and the award was a bonus. 

Doesnt that make you feel better? I thought so. 
JulesLee
+1|6755|CA USA
i got staff officer + vet spec op at same time..
i was at wake and i was commanding + being 2nd person chopper + being spec op

I was like O___O cool XD lol I got like 4x point in the end and I won and got like 8x yay.. XD
hurricane2oo5
Do One Ya Mug !!!
+176|6757|mansfield
yeh i agree
dshak
+4|6806
I've scored beyond 50 on multiple times since the patch, as many before me have said... stop playing jam packed servers. If you play a 10 v 10 or even 15 v 15 on a large map with 300 tickets these games last FOREVER, and your mates will score high, and commander points have nothing to do with artillery to begin with, its a formula based on the scores of your team... but lets not open THAT can of worms up again.

EDIT - just realized my post was completely worthless, as everything in it is already stated above (i'm not good at reading ALL the posts)

Last edited by dshak (2005-11-08 16:45:16)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard