Bevo
Nah
+718|6526|Austin, Texas

chittydog wrote:

katter, I was going to +1 you for the effort, even though most of this is already found in other guides. However, I changed my mind once I realized this was more about gaining karma than actually helping people. You made this nice big post, then viciously attack any criticism. Chill, fool. What do you think these forums are about? It's a place for people to express their opinions whether you like them or not. Here is my proof:

MadKatter wrote:

Would you guys please refrain from "Dissagreeing" in the thread... leave it to PM.

MadKatter wrote:

I don't know what you do, and I don't really care. Leave this kind of crap out of my thread.

MadKatter wrote:

Get the hell out of my thread. You have no ground whatsoever to calll hours and hours of my time worthless.
Now grow up and act civilized. Nobody likes an angry karma whore.
Hey there buddy. I dont care ONE LITTLE BIT about karma. If I wanted to "Karmawhore" I wouldnt have spent hours and hours and hours working on this. I would have made a small-paragraph cheat-sheet for beginners. This guide was made to educate soldiers on how to effectively use the helicopter. I can't believe you think I made this for a ficticious number. That would be ludicrous.

I "attacked" these people because they're too stupid to read. At the bottom of my post, I said PLEASE PM me with corrections, flames, comments. Not ONE of them did (Save Flaming Maniac). They needed to wave their e-penis around at me because I spent all that time making a long guide, and they needed to shoot down parts that they thought were wrong.

As for my top reply, it is nothing near viscious or an attack. My second reply was to Sarge. He attacked me personally and said I was doing something wrong. It had nothing to do with the thread. The third was in response to someone flat-out saying that my guide is worthless. He even had the nerve to try and post what he though was better. What would you do?
Kusunagi
+59|6743|The land of Hookers and pod

SargeV1.4 wrote:

MadKatter wrote:

SargeV1.4: Most of us are human, so it WILL take a little bit of time to press F2, right click, and then left click.
I don't know what you do, and I don't really care. Leave this kind of crap out of my thread.
Dude, I'm serious, you can switch seats, go into TV mode, and fire very quickly. You just need to time it right. You have two hands, right? put one finger on F2, one finger on the right mouse button, one on the left, and see how quickly you can press the three in succession.

It's all about the timing.
You are right, Sarge, just practice the timing. When I started solo-piloting, I also aimed a bit to the left, now it isn't neccesary anymore, my timing is perfect.
basetballjones
+30|6754
Great Guide!  The job classes for Gunner and Pilot are described perfectly:

As pilot your job is to find the gunner some targets.

As gunner you job is to keep your pilot alive.

Condensed, but yeah.

One thing;  If I am in a tank on SF (not so successful in vanilla) I am able to take most choppers down easily by getting position and switching to the .50 cal.. usually timed right I can shoot from the time they become visible and be blowing them up or catching them ablaze by the time they leave my view trying to get home.  IMO the turret's .50 cal is one of the most underapreciated weapons to a tanker.

And my only addage to your guide:   Sun Tzu say- Chopper capping flag will find their asses waving in the wind.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6526|Austin, Texas

basetballjones wrote:

Great Guide!  The job classes for Gunner and Pilot are described perfectly:

As pilot your job is to find the gunner some targets.

As gunner you job is to keep your pilot alive.

Condensed, but yeah.

One thing;  If I am in a tank on SF (not so successful in vanilla) I am able to take most choppers down easily by getting position and switching to the .50 cal.. usually timed right I can shoot from the time they become visible and be blowing them up or catching them ablaze by the time they leave my view trying to get home.  IMO the turret's .50 cal is one of the most underapreciated weapons to a tanker.

And my only addage to your guide:   Sun Tzu say- Chopper capping flag will find their asses waving in the wind.
I couldn't agree more. In vanilla, the TV missile box is placed more logically, and you will usually be eating a tv missile before you get the chopper to half health. In SF, you have a much better shot if the pilot doesn't know what he's doing.

Capping flags with helicopters is just downright wrong.... I hate pilots who do it. I have never once sucessfully capped a flag in a chopper(as a gunner) and lived shortly thereafter.
TangsterChinkz
Banned
+14|6575|Pwning u n00bs
Fuck all u people man, I respect Madkatter for writing this for all the n00bs out there, atleast he is trying to help.

U n00bs should read this and learn from it and maybe u wont get teamkilled out or red zoned from the chopper!
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6659

TangsterChinkz wrote:

Fuck all u people man, I respect Madkatter for writing this for all the n00bs out there, atleast he is trying to help.

U n00bs should read this and learn from it and maybe u wont get teamkilled out or red zoned from the chopper!
sigh.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
LivelyToaster
+60|6726|Sacto, CA

MadKatter wrote:

I "attacked" these people because they're too stupid to read. At the bottom of my post, I said PLEASE PM me with corrections, flames, comments. Not ONE of them did (Save Flaming Maniac). They needed to wave their e-penis around at me because I spent all that time making a long guide, and they needed to shoot down parts that they thought were wrong.
I bet they all posted because they forgot that you have the power to tell people when and where they can post in a public forum.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6526|Austin, Texas

LivelyToaster wrote:

MadKatter wrote:

I bet they all posted because they forgot that you have the power to tell people when and where they can post in a public forum.
Aren't you quite the little smartass. They (and you) shouldn't post about irrelevant topics, attack me, or attempt to better me in the same thread. Please, do us all a favor, and use your brain before posting.
LivelyToaster
+60|6726|Sacto, CA

MadKatter wrote:

Aren't you quite the little smartass. They (and you) shouldn't post about irrelevant topics, attack me, or attempt to better me in the same thread. Please, do us all a favor, and use your brain before posting.
I think you need to realize something here. You telling me (or anyone) not to post isn't going to help your pathetic and ineffective attempt at preventing people from posting in your thread. You should also realize that telling people not to post in your thread, and then flaming them with posts about them posting is somewhat hypocritical and doesn't help your cause in any way. The whole purpose of my post was to get a reaction out of you. And guess what, I succeeded. If you were smart, you would have ignored it (and others posts) so that I (and they) would have gone away. But instead, you replied and succeeded in making yourself look like even more of an idiot by doing so with a post in a thread that you don't want people posting in. Congrats, you're an idiot.

Get over yourself. Your tutorial sucks. It's all been posted before, and it's been done many times over. If you think anyone cares about you asking them not to post, you're sorely mistaken. And besides, why? Do you have a problem with someone posting in a thread on a public forum? If you were trying to prevent a flame war (like the one going on right now which I'm using to further derail your thread and to piss you off) you should have realized that you asking wasn't going to accomplish anything. If you really care about what people think, why would you have a problem with them posting?

O' and by the way, why shouldn't I post about irrelevant topics, attack you, or attempt to better you in the same thread. Because you said so and it bothers you? That's just all the more reason to do it.

Last edited by LivelyToaster (2006-08-12 21:58:13)

ChyneseGUY
+20|6490
gah i suck at flying any aircraft. i tried doing a barrel roll right after reading this and i just went sideways and couldnt recover and crashed. if i could connect my flight sim steering rig i might be able to fly decently
Bevo
Nah
+718|6526|Austin, Texas

LivelyToaster wrote:

MadKatter wrote:

I think you need to realize something here. You telling me (or anyone) not to post isn't going to help your pathetic and ineffective attempt at preventing people from posting in your thread. You should also realize that telling people not to post in your thread, and then flaming them with posts about them posting is somewhat hypocritical and doesn't help your cause in any way. The whole purpose of my post was to get a reaction out of you. And guess what, I succeeded. If you were smart, you would have ignored it (and others posts) so that I (and they) would have gone away. But instead, you replied and succeeded in making yourself look like even more of an idiot by doing so with a post in a thread that you don't want people posting in. Congrats, you're an idiot.

Get over yourself. Your tutorial sucks. It's all been posted before, and it's been done many times over. If you think anyone cares about you asking them not to post, you're sorely mistaken. And besides, why? Do you have a problem with someone posting in a thread on a public forum? If you were trying to prevent a flame war (like the one going on right now which I'm using to further derail your thread and to piss you off) you should have realized that you asking wasn't going to accomplish anything. If you really care about what people think, why would you have a problem with them posting?

O' and by the way, why shouldn't I post about irrelevant topics, attack you, or attempt to better you in the same thread. Because you said so and it bothers you? That's just all the more reason to do it.
Thank you for confirming something for me. The internet is 99% idiots and jerks.

Let me ask you this. Lets say you spent ten hours painting a work of art on a canvas, and asked for comments + critique. The first guy who came in said it was too complicated. You shrug it off. The next guy says you didnt paint it right. Would that get on your nerves? It did mine. The next guy said no no ITS TOO COMPLICATED and then sketched one right infront of you. Don't tell me you'd sit there and take it. And then after you try to get these idiots to even try and go away, someone mocks you for doing it. What would you do?

Look, you couldn't even finish a (mostly) civilized post without insulting me several times. Does that make you better than me? My tutorial sucks. Ok, make a better one. Show me a better one. Do me one up, but don't tell me its bad simply because you think so. Tell me WHY. It HASN'T been posted over and over. There is one guide in the wiki, one guide from last year(there may not even be), and one recent guide by elmo. So I'm an idiot because people decide to stomp over my work and not even bother reading WHERE to post their stupid flames. I think since I have spent so much time making this guide that people would have even the DECENCY to flame me via pm. Instead, they need an ego boost and try to make me look like an idiot in public.

Maybe I "didn't realize" that asking nicely for something simple wouldn't be accomplished by the average troll. If spawnofthemist posted this tutorial, he wouldn't have gotten any of this crap. Why? Because he has his own little spot on top of the members on this board. He has influence. Since I am some "unknown" member, people can stomp all over me. Whatever.

I'm glad you feel the need to piss people off for no reason. If everyone was on this world was smart, we would have overpopulated by now.
YoBabysDaddy
+31|6829|St. Louis, MO
Good effort on the guide.Looked like it took a while.Some may find it useful, but telling people to PM you with their opinion?Doesn't work that way guy.If you post it be prepared for open criticism.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6526|Austin, Texas

YoBabysDaddy wrote:

Good effort on the guide.Looked like it took a while.Some may find it useful, but telling people to PM you with their opinion?Doesn't work that way guy.If you post it be prepared for open criticism.
I said flames and corrections; I am completely open to criticism.

Thanks for the comment. It took me a very long time.

Last edited by MadKatter (2006-08-13 20:02:39)

LivelyToaster
+60|6726|Sacto, CA

MadKatter wrote:

Thank you for confirming something for me. The internet is 99% idiots and jerks.

Let me ask you this. Lets say you spent ten hours painting a work of art on a canvas, and asked for comments + critique. The first guy who came in said it was too complicated. You shrug it off. The next guy says you didnt paint it right. Would that get on your nerves? It did mine. The next guy said no no ITS TOO COMPLICATED and then sketched one right infront of you. Don't tell me you'd sit there and take it. And then after you try to get these idiots to even try and go away, someone mocks you for doing it. What would you do?
(I'm going to steal your analogy here) So you spend hours on this painting and then you display it in a public place where people go to observe and comment on such things and you ask people to comment and critique your painting. But if they want to, they have to write you a message on a piece of paper, stick it in a box, and during this whole time, they have to ignore all the other people viewing it and never once say anything out loud. This is what you request of them. But this public viewing place is all about people voicing their oppinion. The very purpose of this place is to create an enviroment where people can have conversations and comment on various things. So, you're displaying your artwork while asking people to do the complete opposite of what the place is designed for. Then, when people start commenting out loud on your artwork, you get pissed off and yell at them because of the fact that they are openly critiquing your artwork in a place designed for just that. If you don't like their oppinion, just ignore it. It's coming from a random person on the internet. But what you failed to realize is that when people openly critique your artwork, it attracts more people. (If people post a lot, your thread will spend a lot of time in the forum block on the bf2s.com homepage.)  So not only are you asking people to not use the public viewing area for what it's for, but a byproduct of doing so is your artwork being less desirable to others because it is almost unknown to most. If you didn't want to hear what people have to say, then you never should have set up your artwork for display in a public place designed for critiquing /commenting on such things.

MadKatter wrote:

If you notice any mistakes- spelling or otherwise- please PM me.
Also, if you want to flame me/criticize me, please use the private messaging system.
That is in no way being open to open critiquing, which is what this place is designed for.

So, with the hope of you realizing that you don't have the right to tell people when, where, or what they can post in a public forum, I'd like to apologize for the flame war that I started in your thread. Keep up with the good work on the tutorials. They help out a lot of new people.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6526|Austin, Texas

LivelyToaster wrote:

MadKatter wrote:

(I'm going to steal your analogy here) So you spend hours on this painting and then you display it in a public place where people go to observe and comment on such things and you ask people to comment and critique your painting. But if they want to, they have to write you a message on a piece of paper, stick it in a box, and during this whole time, they have to ignore all the other people viewing it and never once say anything out loud. This is what you request of them. But this public viewing place is all about people voicing their oppinion. The very purpose of this place is to create an enviroment where people can have conversations and comment on various things. So, you're displaying your artwork while asking people to do the complete opposite of what the place is designed for. Then, when people start commenting out loud on your artwork, you get pissed off and yell at them because of the fact that they are openly critiquing your artwork in a place designed for just that. If you don't like their oppinion, just ignore it. It's coming from a random person on the internet. But what you failed to realize is that when people openly critique your artwork, it attracts more people. (If people post a lot, your thread will spend a lot of time in the forum block on the bf2s.com homepage.)  So not only are you asking people to not use the public viewing area for what it's for, but a byproduct of doing so is your artwork being less desirable to others because it is almost unknown to most. If you didn't want to hear what people have to say, then you never should have set up your artwork for display in a public place designed for critiquing /commenting on such things.

MadKatter wrote:

If you notice any mistakes- spelling or otherwise- please PM me.
Also, if you want to flame me/criticize me, please use the private messaging system.
That is in no way being open to open critiquing, which is what this place is designed for.

So, with the hope of you realizing that you don't have the right to tell people when, where, or what they can post in a public forum, I'd like to apologize for the flame war that I started in your thread. Keep up with the good work on the tutorials. They help out a lot of new people.
I accept your apology. I didn't want critique to be left out from my thread- not at all. (Although I may have written that... you see I put the guide into bf2s to check for the [b] [u] [i] errors etc.... after a few edits I pressed the submit button ) Critique is mostly good. Comments are even better. It's the people that would come up to you and say... you suck as a painter don't do this again.... or just blatanly attack you and your work. Look at Irish's post. It isn't helpful the slightest little bit. It isn't a critique, which means that something should be changed in his opinion. It is an attack. Your guide sucks, this is better.

And.... I'm going to lay this to rest, since my thread is really starting to look like a flamewar.
ride&die
+0|6321

jord wrote:

SoC./Omega wrote:

Wasder wrote:

E is the most important key, the "Jump the fuck out!" one.
i never use it even when my heli is on fire, sure i get a death but it gives me a chance to get my heli back. I'm like the worst heli pilot out there so your info should be useful. I would also like to add in that i killed a MiG-29 with the TV while soloing and im very proud of it.
I do,i jump out and fail to open my parachute,therefore when i spawn the heli is ready by the time i run to it,and the dick who shot my heli up doesn't get the kills.
Bwahahaha I like the way you think.

Madkatter, awesome guide - alot of stuff in there that took me hours and hours to learn on my own.  Wish I had seen it a few months ago when I started choppering.  I especially like the tv missile portion about considering lag between what you see and what server is tracking.  I haven't seen that addressed in any other tut before.  And explains why the other chopper doesnt blow after I see the entire G.I. tract of the opposing chopper's gunner.

Don't sweat the flamers man, just ignore them and they go away.  It probably would have all ended after 2 or 3 posts if you hadn't said anything back...
s()mtingWong
+48|6698

ShadowFoX wrote:

The SF chopper TV boxes are right below the gunner's view bar. On both the hind and the Apachea. Ussualy its possible to line people up without diving the chopper if your a the right height.
Your rite and the poster should add in that sf and vanilla choppers are different if using the t.vm.
CowboySwim
+24|6190|BEHIND YOU!!!
Mod:  inappropriate image removed

Just thought I'd put in my two cents.  But, I really do like the guide.  Great info for a new pilot!  And who cares if there are already some out there, more can't hurt anything!  And screw whoever said it was useless...  Write a guide of your own or point us towards a better one before you say that.

Last edited by CowboySwim (2007-05-23 18:46:46)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard