Don't mind it22%22% - 28
Yes, because of terrorism.2%2% - 3
Yes, but it is not to do with terrorism9%9% - 12
I'll cope, put it that way.7%7% - 9
Total: 125
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6712|OctoLand
Well, the governments message is always to keep flying and not to let the terrorists win, by stopping us flying. I for one no lots of people who don't fly because of 9/11, and lot more who only fly when they really have to (i.e no holidays, just business).

I personally, love flying and always will. There has been no major loss of profit for airlines since 9/11, apart from immediately afterwards, which would suggest numbers are still up.

What about you lot, has 9/11 or any other acts of terrorism stopped you from flying and doing things you used to normally do? Or do you not let them cramp your style?
I know fucking karate
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687
long flights are an ass
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
CameronPoe
+2,925|6526
I will never ever alter my life in any way shape or form in response to the acts of which you speak. To do otherwise would be to concede defeat. Besides you're just as likely to get hit by a bus. It would be like the absolute opposite of winning the lottery.

If you want to see truly inconvenient air travel try flying into or out of Israel, better still try taking an internal flight in Israel (one of the stupidest decisions I ever made).

Last edited by CameronPoe (2006-08-11 18:48:12)

zFeinT
+35|6640
Nope,  I had no problems with security checks nor any anxiety in the air  (Corpus Christi, Dallas/Forth Worth, Lindbergh [San Diego]).
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6680|England. Stoke
Flight 93 FTW, I think alot of people will take their attitude towards hijackers now, go down fighting, RESPECT...
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6508|Long Island, New York

coke wrote:

Flight 93 FTW, I think alot of people will take their attitude towards hijackers now, go down fighting, RESPECT...
Agreed, now that this stuff has happened, americans will rise up. Hell, I would. If I'm gonna die anyways, might as well go down with a fight.

And no, I'm not afraid. Hell, I'll book a trip to FL tomorrow and fly down there next week. I'm not scared whatsoever and never will be. Of course, I AM afraid of American Airlines...and no, not due to terrorists.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6520|UK

Just the security thing, its anoying but I understand, I was on a flight a year ago, scotland to newark, when I got off I was greeted with armed guards, which dont actually reasure me.  This taking shoes off stuff, n all the rest, it's a pain in the ass, if anything it is just the security that puts me off, but again, I understand why it is there.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6680|England. Stoke
Thats the thing a few years ago if you were involved in a plane hijack chances were they were out to make a political statement and chances are you would survive, now however the only thing hijackers are gonna do is take the plane down, and everyone knows that and there are bound to be a fair few on the flight that are gonna do something about it.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6655|United States of America
I'll null vote since I've never yet been on a passenger aircraft but I still wouldn't be intimidated by some dumb bastages. Take 'em down, ace!
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6622|USA

Poseidon wrote:

coke wrote:

Agreed, now that this stuff has happened, americans will rise up. Hell, I would. If I'm gonna die anyways, might as well go down with a fight.

And no, I'm not afraid. Hell, I'll book a trip to FL tomorrow and fly down there next week. I'm not scared whatsoever and never will be. Of course, I AM afraid of American Airlines...and no, not due to terrorists.
LOL yeah but according to the appeasers and terrorist lap dogs on this forum, by rising up and attempting a defense would only bring you down to there level, and killing never solves anything. So take the moral high ground and sit there shut up, and hurry up and finish your peanuts before they kill you. ( at least they didn't get your peanuts)

Last edited by lowing (2006-08-11 21:49:13)

Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6661|Tampa Bay Florida

CameronPoe wrote:

I will never ever alter my life in any way shape or form in response to the acts of which you speak. To do otherwise would be to concede defeat. Besides you're just as likely to get hit by a bus. It would be like the absolute opposite of winning the lottery.
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.
+231|6680|Wilmington, DE, US
Flying is fantastic! I even flew to Dubai! OMG ARAB TERRORISTS COUNTRY WTF
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy

lowing wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

coke wrote:

LOL yeah but according to the appeasers and terrorist lap dogs on this forum, by rising up and attempting a defense would only bring you down to there level, and killing never solves anything.
If it's self-defense?  When have we ever said we don't agree with self-defense? 

Quite different than killing hundreds of innocent civilians.

But thanks for using the opportunity to label liberals yet again.  You excel at that
PRiMACORD
+190|6596|Home of the Escalade Herds
I'm not afraid of flying, it's just become a huge pain in the ass.

Ikarti, Dubai rocks, how long were you there for?
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.
+231|6680|Wilmington, DE, US
I only got to stay 5 days, I want to go back bad. I loved it. Traffic was horrible though.
HURLEY
Ima Crunchatize you.
+170|6653|The Lou
i recently flew acouple days before they found those bombs, and when i was was flying i was kinda worried about these three men wearing all black and having very large necklaces with jesus on them, turns on they were just priest from an orthodox church
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6622|USA

Spearhead wrote:

lowing wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

LOL yeah but according to the appeasers and terrorist lap dogs on this forum, by rising up and attempting a defense would only bring you down to there level, and killing never solves anything.

But thanks for using the opportunity to label liberals yet again.  You excel at that
don't look now but YOU labeled the liberals, I didn't mention them in this thread.
HURLEY
Ima Crunchatize you.
+170|6653|The Lou

lowing wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

lowing wrote:

don't look now but YOU labeled the liberals, I didn't mention them in this thread.
ownt.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy

lowing wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

lowing wrote:

"the appeasers and terrorist lap dogs on this forum"

You don't have to be smart to know lowing is talking about liberals. 

But, OMG, you caught me saying the word first.  I guess that means you're smart and I'm dumb.  Wow how clever

Last edited by Spearhead (2006-08-11 22:12:26)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6622|USA

Spearhead wrote:

lowing wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

"the appeasers and terrorist lap dogs on this forum"

You don't have to be smart to know lowing is talking about liberals. 

But, OMG, you caught me saying the word first.  I guess that means you're smart and I'm dumb.  Wow how clever
LOL, nowwwwwww ya got it!!!!!!!

but actually any conservatives that feel appeasement is the answer I will call them lap dogs as well, so the liberal label was not implied in this case. It just so happens that most liberals will support appeasement.

Last edited by lowing (2006-08-11 22:15:45)

Dersmikner
+147|6469|Texas
I'm flying at the end of the week on American of all airlines, and if I see more than 3 Arabs on the flight I'm getting off the plane before it leaves the ground. Risk to reward ration isn't there for me. Fuck a vacation.

Also, if the Muslim extremists ever do anything deadly in Texas I'm going to firebomb the shit out of the mosque that's an hour from here.
PRiMACORD
+190|6596|Home of the Escalade Herds

Dersmikner wrote:

Also, if the Muslim extremists ever do anything deadly in Texas I'm going to firebomb the shit out of the mosque that's an hour from here.
Awesome, i hope you end up in jail to. Racist hick.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy

Dersmikner wrote:

I'm flying at the end of the week on American of all airlines, and if I see more than 3 Arabs on the flight I'm getting off the plane before it leaves the ground. Risk to reward ration isn't there for me. Fuck a vacation.

Not only are you racist, you're also a coward.
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6692|Sydney, Australia

Spearhead wrote:

Not only are you racist, you're also a coward.
QFE

I enjoy flying. Someday I wish to be a pilot, although in this current climate... Maybe the Air Force.

Nothing beats the feeling of flying a small Cessna. It is a bumpy and exhilarating ride, especially when the instructor sais "umm... I think I'll land the plane from this point now" (Second flight, I turned onto final too late and over corrected...)

Mcminty.

Last edited by mcminty (2006-08-11 23:26:27)

xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6668
I'll admit i'm a little edgy of flying but not only b/c of terrorists but b/c of the uncertainty itself

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard