CameronPoe
+2,925|6581
Comments, thoughts, etc?

"Every time we do something you tell me America will do this and will do that . . . I want to tell you something very clear: Don't worry about American pressure on Israel. We, the Jewish people, control America, and the Americans know it." - Israeli Prime Minister, Ariel Sharon, October 3, 2001, to Shimon Peres, as reported on Kol Yisrael radio.

"The United States has an absolute, uncompromising commitment to Israel's security and an absolute conviction that Israel alone must decide the steps necessary to ensure that security. That is Israel's prerogative. We accept that. We endorse that. Whatever Israel decides cannot, will not, will never, not ever, alter our fundamental commitment to her security." Al Gore, 18 May 2000
http://www.positiveatheism.org/hist/quo … frame.htm, also on CNN in edited format.

"Israel has also become the main subcontractor of American arms. Just last year, Israel signed a contract to train and equip the Chinese army. It signed another multi-billion dollar contract to train and equip the Indian army. What is it equipping them with? It is equipping them with American weapons." Jeff Halper, Israeli professor, 20 September 2003 - book entitled "Israel and the Empire: Interview with Jeff Halper"

"When AIPAC sells Israel to Congress, it doesn't go to Congressmen and ask them to support Israel because it is Judeo-Christian, or because it is the 'only democracy in the Middle East,' which it also does. It sells it on this basis: 'You are a member of Congress and it is your responsibility to support Israel, because this is how many industries in your state have business links to Israel, this is how many military research people are sitting in universities in your district, this is how many jobs in your district are dependent on the military and the defence industry,' and they translate it down to the extent to which your district is dependent on Israel. Therefore, if you are voting against Israel, you are voting against the goose that lays the golden egg. In most of the districts in the United States, members of Congress have a great dependence on the military. More than half of industrial employment in California is in one way or another connected to defence. Israel is right there, right in the middle of it all. And that is part of its strength." Jeff Halper, 20 September 2003 - book entitled "Israel and the Empire: Interview with Jeff Halper"

"Israel is very important, because on the one hand it is a very sophisticated, high-tech, arms developer and dealer. But on the other hand, there are no ethical or moral constraints: there is no Congress, there are no human rights concerns, there are no laws against taking bribes - the Israeli government can do anything it wants to. So you have very sophisticated rogue state - not a Libyan rogue state, but a high tech, military-expert rogue state. Now that is tremendously useful, both for Europe and for the United States. For example, there are American Congressional constraints on selling arms to China because of China's human rights problems. So what Israel does is it tinkers with American arms just enough that they can be considered Israeli arms, and in that way bypasses Congress." Jeff Halper, 20 September 2003 - book entitled "Israel and the Empire: Interview with Jeff Halper"

"Washington and Jerusalem have an understanding dating back to 1969 that as long as Israel maintains "ambiguity" and does not openly declare itself a nuclear power, the U.S. will not force it to join the NPT (which would mean destroying its nuclear capabilities)." Aluf Benn, 26 December 2003 
http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/pages/ShAr … ;listSrc=Y

"Our sufferings have granted us immunity papers, as it were . . . After what all those dirty goyim have done to us, none of them is entitled to preach morality to us. We, on the other hand, have carte blanche, because we were victims and have suffered so much. Once a victim, always a victim, and victimhood entitles its owners to a moral exemption." Amos Oz (born Klausner), Israeli journalist, 1982
http://politics.guardian.co.uk/attacks/ … 40,00.html

"In this difficult time we must again reaffirm we are enlisted for the duration-and reaffirm our belief that the cause of Israel must be the cause of America-and the cause of people of conscience everywhere." John Kerry (D), 17 February 2004
http://www.nationalcatholicreporter.org … 022604.htm

"What has been happening over the years is a predictable routine from the head of the Israeli government. The Israeli puppeteer travels to Washington. The Israeli puppeteer meets with the puppet in the White House, and then moves down Pennsylvania Avenue and meets with the puppets in Congress, and then takes back billions of taxpayer dollars. It is time for the Washington puppet show to be replaced by the Washington peace show. In that, we will enhance the freedom and security of both Palestinian and Israeli people, peoples around the world, and the American people here and abroad." Ralph Nader, 28 June 2004 
http://www.israelnn.com/news.php3?id=64895

"Meantime among those who still deny Zionist power in US foreign policy, one only has to read the accounts of the AIPAC conference in Washington in May 2004. At a time when Israel was killing children in the streets of Rafah and destroying hundreds of homes under the horrified eyes of the entire civilized world, when an indignant UN Security Council finally rose to its feet and unanimously condemned Israel, US Congressional leaders and the two major Presidential candidates pledged unconditional support to Israel, evoking the bloodthirsty cheers of investment brokers, dentists, doctors, lawyers - the cream of the cream of American Jewish society. "The cause of Israel is the cause of America" rings out from the mouth of every candidate as the Israelis bulldoze homes and snipers shoot small girls on their way to buy candy. Its almost as if Sharon wanted to demonstrate the power of the Zionists in the US, timing the vile destruction of Rafah to coincide with the AIPAC convention and the disgusting appearance of the spineless American politicians supporting ongoing crimes against humanity. Not one voice was raised in even meek protest. To those who claim that the Zionist are just one of a number of "influential lobbies" - try explaining the unconditional support for Israel's genocide of the Palestinian people by the most powerful politicians in the US.
It is almost a perverse pleasure to watch Sharon smear the muck and gore of Rafah on the groveling faces of US politicians - they deserve each other. But for those of us who support a democratic anti-imperialist foreign policy this is one of the most humiliating moments in US history."
James Petras, US professor/writer, 25 May 2004
http://www.aljazeerah.info/Opinion%20ed … Petras.htm

"When I go into churches in the 4th District, there are only two countries I pray for: Israel and the United States." Robert Aderholt (R), 5 September 2004
http://www.juancole.com/2004/09/aipac-s … ence.html, lifted from Decatur Daily, Alabama

"In fact, the U.S.-Israeli relationship has grown so very close over the years that it is almost impossible to distinguish whose policy, Israel's or ours, is being pursued in the Middle East, and this is a reality that puts the United States in grave danger." Bill Christison, ex-CIA, 12 October 2004
http://www.counterpunch.org/christison10122004.html

"We'll know for sure real freedom has dawned in Iraq when Baghdad orders U.S. troops out, raises oil prices, rebuilds its armed forces, and renews support for the Palestinian cause." Eric Margolis, Journalist, 30 January 2005
http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/Columnist … 14831.html

Last edited by CameronPoe (2006-08-12 02:25:14)

Erkut.hv
+124|6760|California
Uh, thoughts:

You really hate Israel. The horse can't possibly be any more dead at this point. Please quit beating it.

ed: spelling

Last edited by Erkut.hv (2006-08-11 09:22:32)

CameronPoe
+2,925|6581

Erkut.hv wrote:

Uh, thoughts:

You really hate Israel. The horse can't possibly be any more dead at this point. Please quit beating it.

Nice way to address the content and details of my post. By completely avoiding them.
JahManRed
wank
+646|6653|IRELAND

"In fact, the U.S.-Israeli relationship has grown so very close over the years that it is almost impossible to distinguish whose policy, Israel's or ours, is being pursued in the Middle East, and this is a reality that puts the United States in grave danger." Bill Christison, ex-CIA, 12 October 2004

The above statement explains the mess we are in perfectly and explains the cause of 9/11.
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6622|Seattle

The Jews run shit like diarrhea.

Last edited by King_County_Downy (2006-08-11 09:35:14)

Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
Erkut.hv
+124|6760|California

CameronPoe wrote:

Erkut.hv wrote:

Uh, thoughts:

Nice way to address the content and details of my post. By completely avoiding them.
Or address the fact I don't care?
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6771|Houston, TX
In all fairness, you did ask for comments on these quotes and he did. 

KJ
Erkut.hv
+124|6760|California

Kung Jew wrote:

In all fairness, you did ask for comments on these quotes and he did. 

KJ
I'll be in the corner doing the cabbage patch saying "you got moded" if anyone needs me.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6587
Uh, no, he didn't.  Kung Jew was expressing his view as a BF2S forums member, not as a forums mod, as no rules have been broken.
Kaosdad
Whisky Tango Foxtrot?
+201|6704|Broadlands, VA
Ahem...

CP, yet another thought provoking post.

As an American I find it hard to understand why we blindly dote on Israel.  Note - I am not questioning Israel's right to exist or defend itself.  However, it goes much beyond that..."America" seems to have this guilt complex regarding Israel, Jews & the Holocost.  I ask:  Why is the Holocost Museum in Washington, D.C.?  Maybe a bit off topic.

Gore's statement "Whatever Israel decides cannot, will not, will never, not ever, alter our fundamental commitment to her security." is terrifying.  My God - does he really mean to say that if Israel drops a nuke on <other mideastern country> the U.S. will simply ditz along and say "Oh, that's OK.  Little Izzy is a young, punkish country that doesn't know how to be polite yet."

The U.S.'s blind support of Israel has gotten innocent Americans killed.  It's time we take the same stance with them as we take with other countries - as random & unpredictable as that stance may be.

While I am pleased with the majority of the U.S. response in the current conflict (we've let the rest of the world get involved) I was so pissed when we did not take a harder stance whent he U.N. post was hit and when the apartment building was destroyed with a "smart bomb."
The_Shipbuilder
Stay the corpse
+261|6526|Los Angeles

Erkut.hv wrote:

Uh, thoughts:

The horse can't possibly be any more dead at this point. Please quit beating it.
That "quit beating a dead horse" schtick is getting old.

Quit beating a dead horsebeater.
HM1{N}
+86|6670|East Coast via Los Angeles, CA

Erkut.hv wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Erkut.hv wrote:

Uh, thoughts:

Or address the fact I don't care?
You do care, or you wouldn't have responded.

Israeli's are the most racist, hateful people on the planet.  They (daily) take joy in murdering babies, children, women, anyone that is not Israeli, all with the help of the U.S.

Love the video (not) of the Israeli soldiers holding the defenseless teenager by the arms as they stand and watch another soldier break it with a large rock.  Then they stand around and watch the soldier continue to beat him over and over...

I will say it again: Fuck Israel.

Sorry for the vehemence, I just got done this morning watching MANY videos of Israeli atrocities.  There are direct parallels with Nazi Germany regarding what they are doing in the Middle East....

Last edited by HM1{N} (2006-08-11 10:09:15)

CameronPoe
+2,925|6581

Erkut.hv wrote:

Uh, thoughts:

Hate is a strong word. If I truly really hated Israel I wouldn't agree with the fact that here should be a state of Israel along the 1948 borders. Many true Israel-haters wouldn't even concede that much. If I hated Israel that much I wouldn't have felt content lining Israeli's pockets as a tourist there or visiting Masada and the wailing wall.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2006-08-11 09:56:18)

Toonces7
+11|6599|Iowa
"I am not a crook" - Richard Nixon

Your thoughts
I_invented_BF2
DICE/EA spokesman
+19|6508|denmark

CameronPoe wrote:

Comments, thoughts, etc?
no comment..
EVieira
+105|6504|Lutenblaag, Molvania

Erkut.hv wrote:

Uh, thoughts:

I agree. "Fair and Balanced" is something you're definately not, Poe. You don't seem to miss a chance to take a shot at Israel.
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered;  the point is to discover them."
Galileo Galilei  (1564-1642)
CameronPoe
+2,925|6581

EVieira wrote:

Erkut.hv wrote:

Uh, thoughts:

I agree. "Fair and Balanced" is something you're definately not, Poe. You don't seem to miss a chance to take a shot at Israel.
The 'Fair and Balanced' is a jibe at Fox News. That's their motto. Neither I nor they are very balanced (hence the inverted commas). I do strive to be fair though and I'm not intransigent.

Likewise we are never short of people on this forum who never fail to miss chances at taking shots at Palestinians or Muslims in general.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2006-08-11 10:28:27)

Darth_Fleder
Mod from the Church of the Painful Truth
+533|6832|Orlando, FL - Age 43
Cameron, can you provide links to the sources please?
CameronPoe
+2,925|6581

Darth_Fleder wrote:

Cameron, can you provide links to the sources please?
I'll add them to the original post as I track back through them. I posted it at work.
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6622|Seattle

CameronPoe wrote:

The 'Fair and Balanced' is a jibe at Fox News. That's their motto. Neither I nor they are very balanced (hence the inverted commas). I do strive to be fair though and I'm not intransigent.
Oh the:
https://www.uploadfile.info/uploads/d2c860929f.jpghttps://www.uploadfile.info/uploads/72be484c5d.jpg
Erkut.hv
+124|6760|California

CameronPoe wrote:

Erkut.hv wrote:

Uh, thoughts:

Hate is a strong word. If I truly really hated Israel I wouldn't agree with the fact that here should be a state of Israel along the 1948 borders. Many true Israel-haters wouldn't even concede that much. If I hated Israel that much I wouldn't have felt content lining Israeli's pockets as a tourist there or visiting Masada and the wailing wall.
I digress, you are correct. perhpas "have a strong dislike" would have been a better choice of words.

And HM1, you are a class act. Whoa, you just posted al jazeera as a news source?
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6789|d
i don't need any more reasons to hate isreal nor do i need any more proof. Still a lot of other people do, so great post.

Last edited by mafia996630 (2006-08-11 10:44:32)

King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6622|Seattle

The first video shows nothing but still photos. meh
I'm sure Israel has plenty of exactly the same photos but reversed.

The second article "Human Rights Watch Accuses Israel of War Crimes For Indiscriminately Targeting Lebanese Civilians.

WTF What do you think the terrorists do? <TARGET CIVILLIANS> This argument is null.

Israels doesn't target civillians. They are targeting the the motherfuckers with teh bombs, hiding amongst the civillians.
EVieira
+105|6504|Lutenblaag, Molvania

CameronPoe wrote:

EVieira wrote:

Erkut.hv wrote:

Uh, thoughts:

I agree. "Fair and Balanced" is something you're definitely not, Poe. You don't seem to miss a chance to take a shot at Israel.

Likewise we are never short of people on this forum who never fail to miss chances at taking shots at Palestinians or Muslims in general.
I have to concede you do have a point...

Sorry about the Fair and Balanced, I had no idea that was Fox's news motto. Now it makes perfect sense
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered;  the point is to discover them."
Galileo Galilei  (1564-1642)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard