Is anyone else pissed off about these SF unlocks? It gives players who pay $30 an advantage over those who don't. And all you need to do is play for 1 minute and you're sent. EA, yet again, is putting money first, by unbalancing the game! (then shoving patches up our ass saying that they balance the game by nerfing the shit out of stuff (AHEM* GL *) Your thoughts?
Canadianinvasion
.:The D€S€RŦ ]V[ǾŲ∩Ŧ€€:.
+6|6654|Behind you with my knife
take the 3 step plan to alleviate this anger

1)search
2)Search
3)SEARCH!
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6790|Great Brown North
what advantage? it depends on who uses the weapons not the weapons themselves:\
maestrium
+13|6495|Arizona
Can you not afford a $30 game? Also, how is it unfair that someone who spends their hard earned cash gets a small advantage? Also, if you have any skill at all in this game, you shouldn't be complaining because half the unlocks are horrible. And how did they nerf the shit out of the GL'ers? Unless you suck, which by this post suggests you do, you should have no problem killing people with the GL. And also, there is an entire forum dedicated to rants and complaints, so yes, use your eyesight or use the search.
Rellim83
+7|6692|PA
There are very simple ways to acquire the unlocks w/o purchasing SF.... Anyway besides the medic gun g36e i rarely use them. The AK is still the best gun by far.
aLi3nZ
+138|6516|New Zealand
Play on your account at an internet cafe to get SF Unlocks. I pretty much never use the SF unlocks anyway, but good to have as back up.

SF is a pretty good game btw.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6682|Colorado
please looks up the stats on the guns, unfair advantage in your mind perhaps.
what really sucks is you can't use them in sf.
please search in the future this has already been covered, thx.
sorry, for not searching, i just felt like posting something because i'm bored
Vampira_NB
Trying is the first step to failing
+76|6683|Canada Eh?
I used to always use most SF unlocks, but lately ive grown to appreciate the power that is the AK-47, it's now making me forget about my coveted G36E
ResDog1
+51|6775|Netherlands
I must confess the unlocks are sweet, but lately I find myself playing with the basic weapons again and if you know how to use them they are just as good. (ok the smg's suck).

If you are deadset on having SF unlocks, just go to a friend that has SF and logon to his BFSF with your own account, play for a minute, and bang you have your unlocks. Once you have unlocks they cannot be taken away, not even when you ga back home to your PC without SF.

Happy,than give everybodty in this thread +1 to show your appreciation.
Hooten-Delta
+2|6509

negatorynosirnowayman wrote:

Is anyone else pissed off about these SF unlocks? It gives players who pay $30 an advantage over those who don't. And all you need to do is play for 1 minute and you're sent. EA, yet again, is putting money first, by unbalancing the game! (then shoving patches up our ass saying that they balance the game by nerfing the shit out of stuff (AHEM* GL *) Your thoughts?
Lol, you've selected the most accurate of the SF unlocks(G36E) and your accuracy is still less than 11%? I think you need to put away the knife and learn how to shoot before you complain about unlocks. I still prefer the G3 and M-95 over the SF unlocks.
Defiance
+438|6681

My thoughts? I think you need to get out more.
Noop-Ni
ROAR
+14|6508

maestrium wrote:

Also, how is it unfair that someone who spends their hard earned cash gets a small advantage?
Um, very? Why don't we just make it so rich people always win, if it's alright to pay for advantages?

As to the actual question though, it's not that bad. The original set of unlocks provides unfair advantages to people who've played longer, and not many people mind that, so adding different advantages can't be that bad. Even the team you're playing on can give you an advantage in terms of weapons, and I don't see many people upset about that.

Last edited by Noop-Ni (2006-08-11 02:19:42)

Defiance
+438|6681

Actually, it's not unfair at all. Have someone with SF play on youra ccount and you get the unlocks FREE! Plus you get that great feeling of sticking it to the man. The man being EA.
Noop-Ni
ROAR
+14|6508
Well, it was intended to be unfair. EA doesn't want people to just play one game on SF and get the unlocks, so they actually wanted people who paid to get an advantage.

Nice company, really.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6691|Disaster Free Zone

Noop-Ni wrote:

Well, it was intended to be unfair. EA doesn't want people to just play one game on SF and get the unlocks, so they actually wanted people who paid to get an advantage.

Nice company, really.
No. they wanted to get everyone to buy SF's. + as most people have already said, unlocks are not an advantage they are an alternative. Better in some ways worse in others. All it does is give you another choice in how you like a gun to behave.
Noop-Ni
ROAR
+14|6508
A choice between an SVD, an L96, or an M95 is better than a choice between an SVD or an M95. They provide advantages. Admittedly not big advantages in most cases, but still advantages.
alien-DSW-Gen
Hates snipers and says the "F" word a lot
+72|6683|Houston, Texas
the only thing that pisses me off about SF and unlocks is the inability to use my L96A1 within SF.
batman1029
>_>
+8|6536|Essex, Ontario, Canada

aLi3nZ wrote:

Play on your account at an internet cafe to get SF Unlocks. I pretty much never use the SF unlocks anyway, but good to have as back up.

SF is a pretty good game btw.
special forces is a good game indeed
CloakedStarship
+76|6575
People who buy more, get more.
Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6705|UK
So your saying the MG36 is better than the PKM?

F2000 is better than the Ak 101

I dont think so matey
Cactusfist
Pusher of sausages Down Hallways
+26|6578
Basic weapons are better in a lot of cases.
HeimdalX
+37|6660
basic weapons ftw, except that L96...
Noop-Ni
ROAR
+14|6508
Regardless of how good the basic weapons are, a choice between basic and unlocks is still better than only being able to use basic weapons, though.
Bernadictus
+1,055|6747

m16/a2 FTW!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard