[RaWr]-Impsux
Have Guns, Will Travel.
+28|6554
I have had this mouse for awhile now, it radomly double clicks, the two buttons on the right sometimes act like one another(I.E- I press one to pull a grenade out yet it puts my weapon on single shot). The LEDs make the mouse warm which in turn makes my hand sweat, not to mention I need a fan to keep it from drowning. You can't even turn the LEDs off. The rubber material on each side rubs off on your hand creating build up all over the mouse.

Does anyone have any good comments on the Logic G5-G7?
Mr.Casual
p-n*|3eergogglz
+136|6506|Minnesota eh
I love the g5, buy it
LitterBox
+3|6711|The Land of Strippers and Blow
I have the G7 and love it.  It's not for you if you don't like slick surfaces though.  Also, if you're short on patience you might like the G5 better since you do have to change the batteries in the G7 about once a day(under heavy use/gaming).  The rechargeable battery is always good to go by the time the one you are using dies.  It's a neat set up and I recommend.

Last edited by LitterBox (2006-08-10 22:24:38)

Jbrar
rawr
+86|6539|Winterpeg, Canada
When i bought the G5 i hated it because it had a totally different feel to it. I then went on vacation for 3 weeks and when i came back it felt like i had always used it, so now of course i love it. I would recommend it, but you'll need to take the time to get used to it.
LivelyToaster
+60|6717|Sacto, CA
Razer Copperhead ftw. But seriously, I have both, and the Copperhead just isn't for everyone. It has a specialized feel that a lot of people just won't like. I've never had any problems with the buttons like you've said (sounds like an error with the button settings, try changing them. Or maybe you're mouse has a firmware issue), nor have I ever had a problem with the leds causing my hand to sweat. They aren't that powerful, I can't imagine them being that much of a annoyance unless maybe yours are extremely close to the rubber part. And as for the buildup, I wipe off all my computer stuff every week with a damp rag. Keyboard, mouse, joystick, the whole nine yards. So I can't really comment on the buildup. I like the button location on the Copperhead over the G5, the button sensitivity is better, and you get an extra button for your thumb. I really like the fact that I don't have to use two buttons to adjust the mouse sensitivity, and if you want to use two, at least you don't have to reach up to the top of the mouse like on the G5 (I really really hate the design of the G5 on when it comes to this).

Back to topic. G5 great mouse. I don't like wireless so I'd stick with the G5. Not much to say other than that.
GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6760

G7 all the way... on the fly resolution, wireless, logitech look/brand/feel... what more do you need?
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6670|Colorado
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp … 9233585993
that's the one I purchased & I've been quite happy with it.
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6524|Singapore
pity that Logitech dont make a G3
Umibozu_IT
+15|6645|Italy

[RaWr]-Impsux wrote:

I have had this mouse for awhile now, it radomly double clicks, the two buttons on the right sometimes act like one another(I.E- I press one to pull a grenade out yet it puts my weapon on single shot). The LEDs make the mouse warm which in turn makes my hand sweat, not to mention I need a fan to keep it from drowning. You can't even turn the LEDs off. The rubber material on each side rubs off on your hand creating build up all over the mouse.

Does anyone have any good comments on the Logic G5-G7?
same problems here. plus random mouse disconnections. got back to the old good mx518, would have gotten a G5 if it wouldn't cost that much here
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6714
G5 ftw
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
diglow~Flow
+32|6624|British Columbia, Canada
Love the Razer Diamondback awesome gaming mouse... very high sens good for flying

not only that the G5/G7 is to over priced... the Razer diamondback that i bought was 69.99+taxes i seen the G7 going for 129.99+taxes... and Razers are way better...(for gaming).

Last edited by diglow~Flow (2006-08-11 05:36:33)

[RaWr]-Impsux
Have Guns, Will Travel.
+28|6554

LivelyToaster wrote:

Razer Copperhead ftw. But seriously, I have both, and the Copperhead just isn't for everyone. It has a specialized feel that a lot of people just won't like. I've never had any problems with the buttons like you've said (sounds like an error with the button settings, try changing them. Or maybe you're mouse has a firmware issue), nor have I ever had a problem with the leds causing my hand to sweat. They aren't that powerful, I can't imagine them being that much of a annoyance unless maybe yours are extremely close to the rubber part. And as for the buildup, I wipe off all my computer stuff every week with a damp rag. Keyboard, mouse, joystick, the whole nine yards. So I can't really comment on the buildup. I like the button location on the Copperhead over the G5, the button sensitivity is better, and you get an extra button for your thumb. I really like the fact that I don't have to use two buttons to adjust the mouse sensitivity, and if you want to use two, at least you don't have to reach up to the top of the mouse like on the G5 (I really really hate the design of the G5 on when it comes to this).

Back to topic. G5 great mouse. I don't like wireless so I'd stick with the G5. Not much to say other than that.
I got used to the mouse very quickly. I don't think re-insalling/updating the firmware or changing the settings will do anything. It has been working PERFECTLY up until now. Almost forgot to mention the 2 buttons on the right side, the bottom one is kinda loose.

Conclusion, the Razer Copperhead is a great mouse when it doesn't fuck up a month after you get it.

Last edited by [RaWr]-Impsux (2006-08-11 08:17:39)

Snipedya14
Dont tread on me
+77|6692|Mountains of West Virginia
I have a dimondback and love it. No problems whatsoever and I have had for about a year now.
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6694|Germany
For the "randomly double click"-problem just raise the double-click speed in the driver control panel,worked for me that way.
The mouse is just too fast if you are not used to it.
And the springs in the side buttons are probably worn out if you say the button is kinda loose.
Although I use it all the time for sprinting,have extensively played with it a few months already and the buttons are still like new.
Maybe you just got a crappy one at your store.

Personally I think it's the best mouse I've ever had and it's perfect.

Last edited by Mj.Blindfisch (2006-08-11 08:34:28)

Mouse315
Bash.org Junkie
+105|6518

LivelyToaster wrote:

I really like the fact that I don't have to use two buttons to adjust the mouse sensitivity, if you want to use two, at least you don't have to reach up to the top of the mouse like on the G5.
You don't reach to the top on a G5, the buttons are under the roller-wheel.

https://img147.imageshack.us/img147/9135/logitechg5no4.jpg

Last edited by Mouse315 (2006-08-11 08:30:14)

Kaosdad
Whisky Tango Foxtrot?
+201|6677|Broadlands, VA
My only complain about the Razerback (and most mice) is the size.  I have large hands (not monstrously huge, Frankenstein like things, just larger) and I find it impossible to use the side buttons effectively.  I have them turned off, in fact.

Any one know of a firm that makes "big mice"?
462nd NSP653
Devout Moderate, Empty Head.
+57|6681

TrollmeaT wrote:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7105919&type=product&productCategoryId=pcmcat23200050023&id=1109233585993
that's the one I purchased & I've been quite happy with it.
Ditto...works quite well.
TC><Injecter
+4|6826|Berlin, Germany
Thats total bullshit. The buttons dont randomly click, its the sensitivity... AND: LEDs dont get warm xD Thats your blood travelling faster through your hand because you are nervous.

PS: The only problem I had once was, that I bended the cable too much resulting in breaking the right mousebutton. Just bought a new Copperhead, put the old one in the package and returned it saying I wasnt satisfied.
BushViper
macro dolphin flipper / fast loading tank whore
+65|6673
Razer Copperhead FTW!
jsnipy
+3,276|6520|...

GotMex? wrote:

G7 all the way... on the fly resolution, wireless, logitech look/brand/feel... what more do you need?
a second thumb button
Echo
WOoKie
+383|6717|The Netherlands
I just bought a g5 and i love it.
sidneysmut
Banned
+13|6589
i got a g5 based on comments on these forums. never looked back. fantastic mouse.

built in dpi switch between 400 and 2000. i have the side thumb button set as prone, the mouse wheel also left and right clicks so to the left is main gun and right is grenades. i also change the buttons depending on what kit i am playing. for example, right click on the mouse wheel will switch to revive if i am playing medic etc etc.
sidneysmut
Banned
+13|6589

jsnipy wrote:

GotMex? wrote:

a second thumb button
yeah, a second thumb button on this mouse or the g5 would make them even better. how about a third finger button on the right hand side or would that be too hard to use?
BF2Craglyeye
+72|6670|Australia
I have an MX1000 laser mouse.

8 buttons, super sensitivity, great reponsivness. Except maybe on water

All buttons can be assigned to be something different, or assign a keystroke to a button that can correspond with game control.
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6556|Hungary
I have a Copperhead and i have no problems with it.No doubleclicks and it never gets warm...or not for me.
I really like it and the LED's on it just look awsome..

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard